2024 NFL Draft Thread - Round 2 (no spoilers)

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
I mentioned this in another thread a few weeks back. Packaging one of our 5th's with one of our later 3rd's to move into the 2nd. Thus having two 2nd's and two 3rd's, along with our two 1st's is a very good spread.
As others have said, there are only so many picks you can keep on the 53
I love this idea, although I'd probably grab McKinstry, and then try to get up for Kneeland with the 2nd 2. On the other hand, part of me wants to build on strength offensively though and grab Powers-Johnson, and either Benson or Brooks with 35 and 66. Most teams are build to stop the pass, and the coaches showed they can run the ball. Improve LG and get a relief RB that can be FT when Conner is dinged up would be nice too. Powers-Johnson can also be used at C.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Gotta go with KoolAid if he's there. The "knocks" on him are that he isn't flashy, he's just consistent and steady.

Our #1 CB is Murphy Bunting. Adding a guy who should at very least a starting CB in the NFL is not a bad idea....even if he's a #2 for us.

I'm also not opposed to taking another WR. Mitchell, Franklin, Coleman, and McConkey all make sense for us.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Oh and BTW....I want Cooper Beebe. Draft him, stick him at LG and don't look back. He's strong as hell...he has tons of experience at the position and he has a nasty attitude as a run blocker

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and BTW....I want Cooper Beebe. Draft him, stick him at LG and don't look back. He's strong as hell...he has tons of experience at the position and he has a nasty attitude as a run blocker
He is a good pick, but I would trade down 8-10 spots if he was my target.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I mentioned this in another thread a few weeks back. Packaging one of our 5th's with one of our later 3rd's to move into the 2nd. Thus having two 2nd's and two 3rd's, along with our two 1st's is a very good spread.
As others have said, there are only so many picks you can keep on the 53

And that's why they have a PS.

Monti is managing assets beyond the 53.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
If we aren't completely sold on a player at 35....I'd call Philly and offer 35 and 104 for 50 and 53

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Turds like Schefter feel like they are so important that it's their privilege and not the commissioners to announce the picks. Just seconds before.

Like the little ass at the party who shouts out the punch line to your joke two seconds before you do. Woodchipper for that guy.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And that's why they have a PS.

Monti is managing assets beyond the 53.
I wouldn't be drafting player to be on the practice squad. I would be looking for starters and depth on the "team". That's why I want them to keep as many round 1-4 picks as possible.
Round 5-7 picks are a dime a dozen. Trade em away to move up in the early rounds. Brock Purdy is the unicorn, not the norm.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't be drafting player to be on the practice squad. I would be looking for starters and depth on the "team". That's why I want them to keep as many round 1-4 picks as possible.
Round 5-7 picks are a dime a dozen. Trade em away to move up in the early rounds. Brock Purdy is the unicorn, not the norm.
No one is drafting a player for the PS.

Wanting as many top 100 selections is a given. Removing the QBs from that total, we have seven. Using lower picks as collateral to move up or in trade is probably Monti's preferred choice, but it still comes to 90 guys at camp, 53 making it, and hopefully moving some of the best of the rest to the PS.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Only problem about Beebe is that someone said he's not a good fit in our offense which requires a lot of 'pulling', and that Haynes was a better fit. And I have no idea if that's true.
Beebes testing shows he ain't got the quickest feet or best lateral movement. But he pulled fine in college.
I like the kid in the third. But there are a couple other IOL guys in the third I would be happy with too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn