The 2024 NBA playoffs thread

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I can’t imagine how good Luka would be if he ever got in shape. He’s already incredible, but if that dude ever committed himself to training, he’s got top 10 all time potential.
Last night was the best defensive performance I’ve ever seen from him. You can tell it affects his play on the offensive end. He was short on a lot of his shots.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Miami is incredible come playoff time. I wish we had their coach. What a win, without Butler no less.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How the hell does Spoelstra do it?

He's just a great coach with a great staff. They're great at evaluation, development and he gets buy in.

That was so fun to watch, he didn't have a great game but Jaime Jaquez Jr starting and playing key minutes as a rookie against Boston in Boston and he actually played pretty well.

With the Warriors out I am following Miami just because of Jaime.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tatum reminds me of Carmelo Anthony

assuming Boston gets to the finals, and they should, will be interesting to see how Tatum responds. against the W's he basically cost Boston the series, 37% from the floor 4 TO per game and they killed him on defense. But even in a "bad"series for him 21.5 6.8 RPG 7 APG.

My guess is he will have a huge finals this time around, there's a process for most young players and he's gone through it.

I didn't like him in college I thought he was like Wiggins, didn't have the kill or be killed personality you need to be great, boy was I wrong

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Miami playoff mentality is everything I want the Suns to be.
Exactly. What I noticed is how fearless and confident they played. It didn't matter who it was, if the shot was there, they let it fly. By contrast, we were tight and tentative in games 1 and 2.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Miami playoff mentality is everything I want the Suns to be.
It's everything they aren't.

Miami always believes it can win no matter how outmatched, and then they sometimes do. Belief is 9/10th's of the battle.

This Suns team doesn't believe in itself at all, and Vogel rings hollow even to fans. If he can't even inspire us how can he inspire the players.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
This is wackado reasoning.
I agree it is. I'm going off of my experience of watching my favorite team. I'll clarify by saying that often when teams lose in the playoffs, their best players bear the brunt of critique. when they win a championship, the best players get a lot of the glory. Murray is an NBA champion and right or wrong, that changes people's perception of him. For my favorite team, Dirk was a high level playoff performer for many years, but he was not universally known for being clutch before 2011. He was often jabbed for playoff failures. in reality dirk was unbelievable for a sustained amount of time in late game situations and almost always raised his performance in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This feels like a cherry picked hit job. I don't necessarily disagree with the 'Darvin Ham ain't it' sentiment, but this is from early last year (Nunn and Westbrook on the team) and who knows what the situation was.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nuggets toy with the Lakers the way the Spurs used to Nash’s Suns.