Washington Commanders (not Raiders) hire Kliff as OC

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Offense wasn't his problem at the college level. :shrug:

Yeah. Late season fades were K2's biggest problem at Texas Tech IIRC.

In LV he won't be calling plays against North Texas State, or trying to outwit the DC from Rice.

There's money on the line in the NFL. Guys trying to feed their families, and they are going to send Kliff's candy @ss right back to the unemployment line in fairly short order. You can believe that.

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Raiders desperately need a qb, they are most likely going to release Garappolo and take a big cap hit. Don't have a lot of draft capital to trade to #1.
Will be a tough job for KK.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Bruce Arians is the ultimate poser to me. Hired for his work developing QBs. Developed ZERO qbs not named Andrew Flipping Luck and Ben Bleeping Rothliswhatever. Then needs to sign Tom Bricking Brady.

Come on now.

So you're sympathetic to Kliff, but you don't like BA. Interesting... :)

I don't bear any ill-will to Kingsbury necessarily. It wasn't his fault he was offered the ARZ HC job.

Still, his incompetence cost us four precious years in the effort to build a championship team. Was he solely responsible for the team's overall failure during that four year stretch, of course not!

But he was the CEO of the team during that time, and we made zero progress towards getting a ring.

He had four years to grow/learn/progress as a NFL HC. He did not.

So he's kind of sus. I don't wish him ill will, but neither do I view him favorably, and am confident in LV he'll be shown the door soon.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you're sympathetic to Kliff, but you don't like BA. Interesting... :)

I don't bear any ill-will to Kingsbury necessarily. It wasn't his fault he was offered the ARZ HC job.

Still, his incompetence cost us four precious years in the effort to build a championship team. Was he solely responsible for the team's overall failure during that four year stretch, of course not!

But he was the CEO of the team during that time, and we made zero progress towards getting a ring.

He had four years to grow/learn/progress as a NFL HC. He did not.

So he's kind of sus. I don't wish him ill will, but neither do I view him favorably, and am confident in LV he'll be shown the door soon.
Now do Steve Keim. He was the real CEO of the team. I guess Kliff just didn't get enough out of the off-ball linebackers.

I don't disagree with anything else you just said, but I find him WAY more likeable than Arians. I thought I woke up in a free country today, must have been dreaming.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Antonio Pierce has had quite the 18 months or so

he has gone from ASU head coach in waiting, to being fired, to joining the Raiders staff as an assistant -- to HC in the NFL.

at this point last year -- if someone told you that Pierce would be get a multi year contract as a HC -- it would have been hard to beleive
I fully expect him to go down in flames in Las Vegas...and then end up as Broncos GM.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Kliff as a person more than others here & still put most of the blame on Keim for what happened, but…..

Kliff’s offense is just “freestyle football” lol. Seen it with Manziel, Mahomes, Kyler, & I bet he had a bit to do with Caleb this past season. There’s no structure.

Raiders hiring Telesco then Kliff issssss…something.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I like Kliff as a person more than others here & still put most of the blame on Keim for what happened, but…..

Kliff’s offense is just “freestyle football” lol. Seen it with Manziel, Mahomes, Kyler, & I bet he had a bit to do with Caleb this past season. There’s no structure.

Yup, a nice guy that tried hard, but the #'s in the beginning of the season vs. the end were damning...he never adjusted.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

There was a lot more running in Kliff's game than most people remember.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raiders desperately need a qb, they are most likely going to release Garappolo and take a big cap hit. Don't have a lot of draft capital to trade to #1.
Will be a tough job for KK.
It's a $19k cap savings to release him this year. $28 million either way. They'll keep him, especially of they draft a kid. Cutting after next season is the big savings. The contract has an out after 2024.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson