Confirmed Drake is the problem

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I might be dreaming but I fancy Drake to fix it this week. These are fixable things that are very obvious on film.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I agree he hasn’t been as good as last year but this film seems like hindsight is 20-20. Easy to pick apart what he should of done on film but in real life it’s a split second reaction.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Early in the game Drake was attempting take things outside. At one point he came out of the game. When he return he took it up the field 3 straight plays and scored.

I’m hoping he got the message because when he returned to the game he was awesome.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Seems to me he doesn't recognize the small holes available to him that would result in bigger gains. He seems to need bigger holes to run into. The backs with good vision sees the small hole and makes use of it.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems to me he doesn't recognize the small holes available to him that would result in bigger gains. He seems to need bigger holes to run into. The backs with good vision sees the small hole and makes use of it.

This wasn't the case last year though. His very first run for us vs Niners was in the tightest of lanes and that continued.

I think this is psychological. He has two things in his head. For the first time he's being paid big money and with that comes the pressure to perform. At the same time he's also under pressure to perform to get paid next year.

I think he will clean it up. Needs to stop over thinking and trying to make every run a 10 yard gain. Just play naturally.

It would help if we used him more in the passing game. His target rate is about 1/4 what it was last year. It will help release some pressure off him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drake tends to over think it. I think he would do better if he would explode through the hole given which he did driving for a touchdown in the video.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I don't think one game or 5 or 6 plays confirm anything. It looks to me as he might have trust issues with his o-line. He needs to just trust that they'll do their job, hit the designed hole, and hope that the hole will be there. Basically run down hill. IMO