Hacksaw Ridge

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hacksaw Ridge

Release date: November 4, 2016
Studio: Summit Entertainment (Lionsgate)
Director: Mel Gibson
MPAA Rating: R (for intense prolonged realistically graphic sequences of war violence including grisly bloody images)
Screenwriters: Robert Schenkkan, Andrew Knight
Genre: Drama, Action
Official website: HacksawRidge.movie| Facebook| Twitter| Instagram

Starring: Andrew Garfield, Sam Worthington, Luke Bracey, Teresa Palmer, Hugo Weaving, Rachel Griffiths, Vince Vaughn

Plot Summary: "Hacksaw Ridge" is the extraordinary true story of conscientious collaborator Desmond Doss (Andrew Garfield) who, in Okinawa during the bloodiest battle of WWII, saved 75 men without firing or carrying a gun. He believed the war was just, but killing was nevertheless wrong; he was the only American soldier in WWII to fight on the front lines without a weapon. As an army medic, Doss single-handedly evacuated the wounded from behind enemy lines, braved fire while tending to soldiers and was wounded by a grenade and hit by snipers. He was the first conscientious objector to ever earn the Congressional Medal of Honor.

You must be registered for see images attach

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
anyone seen this one yet? It is getting fantastic reviews... I will have to see it alone since the family does not like war movies.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
anyone seen this one yet? It is getting fantastic reviews... I will have to see it alone since the family does not like war movies.

Going this afternoon. I'm going to enjoy a Sunday where I dont have to pace around the house and be pissed off. lol

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Saw it this past weekend. Very good. Mel definitely still has it when it comes to directing. The first half was a little bit cliched, but the 2nd half really worked. Very brutal. I compare that 2nd half to the first 30 minutes of Saving Private Ryan.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed this one... The action was on point!!!

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Saw this last night. Very good movie. Beginning seemed to last forever but worth it.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It was good in parts--even great in parts--but when he tried to get overly sappy, Gibson REALLY killed it for me. Especially that 'angelic' ending. Can't really call him subtle here.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gibson hates him some jews pretty fierce, but this jew will give credit where credit's due. Between Braveheart, Apocalypto, and Ridge, the man's ability to direct carnage and the horrors of war is pretty much unparalleled amongst his peers.

just wish he wasn't such a horror show of human himself.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I tried to watch it until I saw Vince Vaughn playing a drill Sgt. - OFF... Maybe Ill fast forward and watch the rest sometime?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I tried to watch it until I saw Vince Vaughn playing a drill Sgt. - OFF... Maybe Ill fast forward and watch the rest sometime?
Vince Vaughn was perfectly fine. Didn't stand out in a good way, but didn't stand out in a bad way as well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah... I don't think Vaughn was a standout, but he was solid.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Saw it this past weekend. Very good. Mel definitely still has it when it comes to directing. The first half was a little bit cliched, but the 2nd half really worked. Very brutal. I compare that 2nd half to the first 30 minutes of Saving Private Ryan.

That is some high praise, and I agree. Garfield was a bit annoying during the first half, but the second half was about as good as it gets for a war film.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson