Welcome Ty Jerome

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Again, what did we give up for it? We have been getting hosed everywhere else that it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we gave up at least an unprotected first round pick next year.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

Weaknesses: Possesses less than ideal physical tools … Lacks the speed and athleticism that is prominent in the NBA … He is often slower than every ACC guard he has competed against … Has a difficult time creating separation on offense … Struggles to keep up with extremely quick players on defense … His subpar athleticism will likely be exposed at the next level … Often shoots spot-up jumers, but must improve shooting off-the-dribble if he wants to succeed … Needs to add some strength and muscle … Does not have as high of a ceiling as most of the prospects entering the draft because of his lower-athletic ability …

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Weaknesses: Possesses less than ideal physical tools … Lacks the speed and athleticism that is prominent in the NBA … He is often slower than every ACC guard he has competed against … Has a difficult time creating separation on offense … Struggles to keep up with extremely quick players on defense … His subpar athleticism will likely be exposed at the next level … Often shoots spot-up jumers, but must improve shooting off-the-dribble if he wants to succeed … Needs to add some strength and muscle … Does not have as high of a ceiling as most of the prospects entering the draft because of his lower-athletic ability …

I hope he's white, at least.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said this on the other thread. The draft analyst guys said he finished almost last in every athletic drill they through at him at the combine.

YIKES!

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So basically the Celtics punted on a 1st round pick in a weak draft for a similar one next season and was able to shed a contract at the same time to have more capspace for free agency.

We pay through the nose to get rid of guys. We give other teams breaks when they need to.

Literally articles out there how Celtics have been trying to get rid of this guy.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba...-to-clear-cap-space/c6v3pgnspflz10ylao8kqxdyg

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I said this on the other thread. The draft analyst guys said he finished almost last in every athletic drill they through at him at the combine.

YIKES!

Yep, not one but 2 of the least athletic players in this weak draft.

At least we can rest easy knowing that the league is moving in this new less athletic direction.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yep, not one but 2 of the least athletic players in this weak draft.

At least we can rest easy knowing that the league is moving in this new less athletic direction.

I'm telling you, Sarver is obsessed with Euro Ball. Add Saric and Baynes, and it is clear that he is going for the softest, least athletic team in NBA history...i.e., a typical Euro squad.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Heady smart player who just knows how to win.

PG is a competition still. With three young players developing and Johnson at this moment. We could be much worse off there.

MW likes Johnson a hell of a lot from reports.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This guy has a low turn over ratio.

He is probably our best passer too.

I think it all comes down to his ability to play defense at the nba level. If he is passable, he will be a good player for us.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nice save, actually looked at YouTube highlights of Johnson and he is at least a little more athletic than people are giving him credit for.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t hate this pick, buts it’s sorta hard to love it with the backdrop of loading up on unathletic players and signaling that we ain’t signing any pg of note.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t hate this pick, buts it’s sorta hard to love it with the backdrop of loading up on unathletic players and signaling that we ain’t signing any pg of note.

and the fact that probably means we go into next season with Tyler Johnson as our "PG".

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
and the fact that probably means we go into next season with Tyler Johnson as our "PG".

Nah, I think they give Rubio or Beverly a 1 year Ariza style overpay.

But... my hope is that they have the balls to go hard for Brogdon and they stretch Johnson if Brogdon bites.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nah, I think they give Rubio or Beverly a 1 year Ariza style overpay.

But... my hope is that they have the balls to go hard for Brogdon and they stretch Johnson if Brogdon bites.

Yeah I guess offering Brogdon is probably the best we could hope for at this point.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson