Bold Predictions for the 2019 NFL Season

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bold Predictions for the 2019 NFL Season

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...letter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Cards made the list twice...

David Johnson Is the Comeback Player of the Year

It's a little too easy to forget about David Johnson, which means he's about to strike.

A since-fired coaching staff botched Johnson's usage in Arizona last year, and he rushed for just 940 yards and seven scores on a 3.6 yards-per-carry average in his first season back from his wrist fracture. His targets through the air dipped from 120 in 2016 to just 76.

Those 2016 numbers? A stunning 1,239 rushing yards and 16 scores with 80 catches, 879 yards and four more touchdowns for good measure.

Johnson is one of the best outright weapons in the league when used properly, which makes the arrival of an offensive-minded coach like Kliff Kingsbury encouraging. Johnson himself has said the offense is looking to run 90-plus plays a game.

"I think it'll be similar to 2016," he later added, according to Darren Urban of the team's official website.

With 2019 first overall pick Kyler Murray likely to occupy the minds of defenses, Johnson is in line for a massive re-breakout year that could have him in the MVP conversation.

Josh Rosen Makes the Cardinals Look Silly

Josh Rosen never had a chance.

A year ago, a now-fired Arizona staff under head coach Steve Wilks tossed Rosen into his NFL debut late in a game against Khalil Mack's Chicago Bears, and it went like most would expect.

Rosen, protected by a miserable line and flanked by a poor coaching staff, struggled to a 55.2 percent completion rate with 11 touchdowns and 14 interceptions before the front office traded him after drafting Kyler Murray in April.

Now with the Miami Dolphins, Rosen is about to make a few people look foolish. Even amid the chaos, he flashed plenty of upside as a rookie. He will have to adjust to a new offense again, but he's working with more talent than before.

For starters, he has a wideout core of DeVante Parker and Kenny Stills, a high-upside back in Kenyan Drake and an intriguing 6'6" target in tight end Mike Gesicki.

While the Dolphins haven't had a headline-grabbing offseason outside of the Rosen trade, a new direction under head coach Brian Flores is a big boon for the sophomore passer. Given the negative public perception of Rosen and Arizona's dealings with him this offseason, the 22-year-old is bound to turn some heads after taking another step in the right direction.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh Rosen would be making me look silly too. I still like my chances that he won't.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson