OT - Tyreek Hill’s son removed from parents’ custody amid battery, abuse investigation

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yow. Never heard about his history.
Bad for the Chiefs if they lose offensive superstars Hunt and Hill within a few months to off field criminality.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andy Reid on Hill earlier this week:

“I know you're going to potentially ask about Tyreek,” Reid told reporters, according to Kansas City Star. "Tyreek is here. I don't have anything further to tell you from the statement we put out. There's been no new news on it. I'm going to leave it at that. I have had a chance to say hello to him. I have done that. And again, see him in the meeting."

He later added: “I’m not here to judge. I’m here to coach.”

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
ugh... got to be 21 to drink, pass a test to get a drivers license, go to school to get a career, but ANYONE is allowed to have kids. so messed up. feel terrible for that kid.
Are you suggesting they implement an age restriction for pregnancy?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry to be such a grouch, but could ASFN set up a police-blotter thread that would isolate off-the field stuff from football stuff?

Don't want to squash freedom of speech; just suggest we have a separate bucket where National Enquire type content can have its own little home & where people interested in non-FB stuff can visit. It's not that domestic abuse isn't an important issue; it's just that sometimes I'd rather be obsessed with football-only.

Last edited:

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
sigh... wasn’t trying to start a political hate fest for either side. I am just saying I wish people would believe being a parent is a privilege, not a right, and practice safe sex until they are ready and willing to raise a child.

If they're abusing a 3 year old, they obviously should not have children.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I wouldn’t blindly trust that anything DCS/DCF/CPS puts under investigation to be worthy of a public execution. The term “abuse” has such a broad and loose meaning any more. My buddies mom is a saint, raised 5 children of her own, and is an equally dedicated grandma. She left his 6 & sleeping 3 yr old in the car to run just inside the grocery store to use a kiosk. Soon after leaving the parking lot she was stopped by the po and eventually given the option of going to classes or being charged with “child abuse.” If one were to query her record, it “appears” she took a diversion program in lieu of being charged with child abuse. For this (and other reasons), I’m very slow to jump to conclusions anytime DCS is involved. It’s not like these agencies and the people running them are 100% ethical and upstanding. That too would be quite an assumption.

OP
OP
Town Drunk

Town Drunk

Reaction score
I wouldn’t blindly trust that anything DCS/DCF/CPS puts under investigation to be worthy of a public execution. The term “abuse” has such a broad and loose meaning any more. My buddies mom is a saint, raised 5 children of her own, and is an equally dedicated grandma. She left his 6 & sleeping 3 yr old in the car to run just inside the grocery store to use a kiosk. Soon after leaving the parking lot she was stopped by the po and eventually given the option of going to classes or being charged with “child abuse.” If one were to query her record, it “appears” she took a diversion program in lieu of being charged with child abuse. For this (and other reasons), I’m very slow to jump to conclusions anytime DCS is involved. It’s not like these agencies and the people running them are 100% ethical and upstanding. That too would be quite an assumption.

You’ll find bad eggs in every profession but I’m willing to bet the majority are there for the right reasons and are pretty ethical. The law is actually pretty specific in regards to what constitutes abuse/neglect, at least in California.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Agreed on bad eggs in every profession, but when you’re a LEO, FF, RN, doc, teacher, social worker, etc. you’re held to standards derived from laws, statutes, and the US constitution.

It’s one thing to be the bad egg that pretended to rotate my tires but didn’t. It’s another thing to fill my tires up with a flammable gas and send me on my way. There are plenty of stories coming from DCS that are similar to the latter egg I illustrated.

Here is a good article discussing the current situation with Hill:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arrowh...-hill-legal-situation-lawyer-perspective/amp/

OP
OP
Town Drunk

Town Drunk

Reaction score
Agreed on bad eggs in every profession, but when you’re a LEO, FF, RN, doc, teacher, social worker, etc. you’re held to standards derived from laws, statutes, and the US constitution.

It’s one thing to be the bad egg that pretended to rotate my tires but didn’t. It’s another thing to fill my tires up with a flammable gas and send me on my way. There are plenty of stories coming from DCS that are similar to the latter egg I illustrated.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arrowh...-hill-legal-situation-lawyer-perspective/amp/

Well, as a social worker, I’ll agree to disagree. The majority of people that I’ve come across in my profession are there for the right reasons and far exceed those that tarnish the reputation of the profession.

You’re only going to hear the bad stories in most professions. The law is pretty clear that there has to be an immediate safety concern that can’t be mitigated in order for a child to be removed.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I’m suggesting there should be a competency test. Unfortunately, bad parents’ offspring keep the Democratic Party alive so it will never happen.
You must be registered for see images attach

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, youre a real dick. If this kind of horrendous political baiting doesnt warrent a ban, I dont know what does. Regarding me calling this asshat out, Ill take the ban. See y'all later.
Actually, you just made a personal attack. That is what’s against board rules. Luckily, you are left leaning so you’ll be fine. Ignorance is bliss.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keep in mind that this is the same guy who beat this same girl half to death when she was pregnant with the child in question and she’s the same idiot who stayed with him.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sigh... wasn’t trying to start a political hate fest for either side. I am just saying I wish people would believe being a parent is a privilege, not a right, and practice safe sex until they are ready and willing to raise a child.

If they're abusing a 3 year old, they obviously should not have children.

Time to move this thread? Send it to that dumpster fire P & R.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It is gone. Just a flash picture of Kyler and the ominous spinning arrow.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What about the twins on the way?

"Hill told The Star at the January Pro Bowl in Orlando that Espinal is pregnant with twins."
Once they are born, they're immediately taken into custody by child services. We've had that several times and how we came to get our 2nd daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Town Drunk

Town Drunk

Reaction score
Once they are born, they're immediately taken into custody by child services. We've had that several times and how we came to get our 2nd daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily.