Focus

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Focus

Release Date: February 27, 2015 (2D theaters and IMAX)
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Directors: Glenn Ficarra, John Requa
MPAA Rating: R (for language, some sexual content and brief violence)
Screenwriters: Glenn Ficarra, John Requa
Genre: Romance

Starring: Will Smith, Rodrigo Santoro, Gerald McRaney, Margot Robbie

Plot Summary: Will Smith stars as Nicky, a seasoned master of misdirection who becomes romantically involved with novice con artist Jess (Margot Robbie). As he's teaching her the tricks of the trade, she gets too close for comfort and he abruptly breaks it off. Three years later, the former flame--now an accomplished femme fatale--shows up in Buenos Aires in the middle of the high stakes racecar circuit. In the midst of Nicky's latest, very dangerous scheme, she throws his plans for a loop... and the consummate con man off his game.

You must be registered for see images attach

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not too shabby of a con-man movie. Good little twist at the end.

Can't say I was too familiar with Margot Robbie, but she was good and hot.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. This is another one I'll go check out. I can honestly say I have yet to be disappointed by any will smith movies that he is the star or costar. Imo

Last edited:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I liked it. Lots of humor and twists. The twists were kinda hit or miss, as far as writing goes but it was well acted and Margot Robbie is so freaking beautiful I will literally watch anything shes in right now.

(She is the girl from Wolf of Wall street)

Not a GREAT movie but a good one worth seeing. Would be a fun date movie.

Super spoiler alert below!
I am either annoyed or confused so I wanted to get your opinion. So they do the big Dad twist at the end but if that was the case, what is the point of the whole scene when Owens came to Nicky's hotel room and looked around. Meanwhile Jess was there in Nicky's bead and jumped over a balcony half dressed to avoid Owens? Did they just put that scene in there for tension knowing it made no sense after the reveal, or was that whole thing staged between Owens and Nicky for Jess? Did Owens only show up because they knew Jess was there? If so why?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Watch Wolf on Wall Street. If you liked her in Focus, you will really like her in Wolf on Wall Street. ;)

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Spoiler.

just like the game bets, she was the one in the dark. Once Smith saw her the night in the red dress they changed the plan to get the full code because they had a way in with the racer. Not sure if this was the original plan, but remember the scene of him drinking after talking to her? Owens walks up and asks him what's going on, and he says the plan changed.

This allowed him to con her with the necklace and the key logger so he was able to get the full code.

Owens coming to the room was just playing the part. He had roughed her up the night before.

Last edited:

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score

Agreed. Twists were pretty decent. They're often overdone in con films. Had me entertained.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson