Will Suns make a move before the trade deadline?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a side note, in the last two games, Bridges is playing 36 minutes, scoring 16.5 points on 12/18 shooting, including 6/11 from three, with six rebounds, two assists, 2.5 steals, one turnover, and 1.5 fouls per game. It's a very small sample, but I think it shows us what type of a player Mikal is going to become. He is definitely number one on my long-term list when it comes to the four wings. I put Oubre a little above him right now, but Bridges is really good at the things you can't teach. As Steve pointed out, Mikal doesn't do stupid stuff on offense or defense, he plays great D without fouling, sets screens, moves without the ball, understands the spacing, etc, so he is going to be an amazing player very soon.

if he can become that, that would be perfect. hoping to see that progression continue.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don't think the Suns keep all three of Warren, Jackson and Oubre. If the rumors of Sarver wanting to move Warren are true, maybe we will not have to choose. I'm hoping Oubre's new contract is less than Warren.

If money wasn’t an issue I’d keep Warren/Oubre even if it meant selling low on Josh. The Suns would be around ~90m if Oubre’s deal started at 15 mil. That’s not counting picks or Jackson. We aren’t signing anyone that’s a max level player anyway.

The cap is supposed to rise 10m in 2020.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If money wasn’t an issue I’d keep Warren/Oubre even if it meant selling low on Josh. The Suns would be around ~90m if Oubre’s deal started at 15 mil. That’s not counting picks or Jackson. We aren’t signing anyone that’s a max level player anyway.

The cap is supposed to rise 10m in 2020.

I know what you are saying. I'm not wanting to give up on Josh or really anyone of the above mentioned three players.

It may come down to which player brings the best return.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ball .....LeBron is killing him. Exactly what we need.if his dad wasn't around everyone single one of you would take him.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Ball .....LeBron is killing him. Exactly what we need.if his dad wasn't around everyone single one of you would take him.

um no

lets see

pros
good passer in the open court
good defensive player

cons
one of the worst shooters of all time
poor finisher
bad playmaker in the half court when defense is set
pretty bad ball handler/dribbler for a PG
has shown no ability to break down a defense

Honestly I would rather have Dennis Smith, kind of wild that Gambo claimed he was not even an option for the Suns. Had a triple double tonight too.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

as awful as his dad is, it's the least of the Lonzo cons

cons
poor finisher

and
plays without heart/passion

and
his horrid free throw shooting is particularly counter-productive for a point guard

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind acquiring Lonzo for the Bucks pick but that's about it. Say that's unrealistic and that's kind of the point. I wouldn't want to give up anything of real value for him. The main reason I'd be fine with the Bucks pick is so people could see him flame out on the Suns and get over this Lonzo fascination that is unwarranted given his actual talent and production.

You don't want a PG that you can't have on the floor in the 4th quarter of a close game because the opposing team could employ "hack-a-shaq" on him. What makes his FT shooting worse is he cares so little I doubt he'll ever improve his FT shooting much, if at all. With a PG like that then we're right back to Point Booker to close games. It solves no problems.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The lakers players are so hyped up by the Lakers and media, because they're the lakers. A couple of veterans do have merit though, Lance and Rondo, maybe KCP. Other than that maybe the center can translate his game to any team.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah not true. I have watched him and I see nothing special. However, we also don't live in the land of make believe. You get his dad too.

If Ball comes here I might have to stop watching the Suns.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
as awful as his dad is, it's the least of the Lonzo cons

and
plays without heart/passion

and
his horrid free throw shooting is particularly counter-productive for a point guard

And will definitely return to LA in two years.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah not true. I have watched him and I see nothing special. However, we also don't live in the land of make believe. You get his dad too.

If Ball comes here I might have to stop watching the Suns.

Unfortunately, I've already mostly stopped watching them. :(

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind acquiring Lonzo for the Bucks pick but that's about it. Say that's unrealistic and that's kind of the point. I wouldn't want to give up anything of real value for him. The main reason I'd be fine with the Bucks pick is so people could see him flame out on the Suns and get over this Lonzo fascination that is unwarranted given his actual talent and production.

You don't want a PG that you can't have on the floor in the 4th quarter of a close game because the opposing team could employ "hack-a-shaq" on him. What makes his FT shooting worse is he cares so little I doubt he'll ever improve his FT shooting much, if at all. With a PG like that then we're right back to Point Booker to close games. It solves no problems.

I'd take a chance on Ball for the Bucks pick. The negative is he would take up salary space.

Dr dumas

Veteran
Reaction score
um no

lets see

pros
good passer in the open court
good defensive player

cons
poor finisher

Honestly I would rather have Dennis Smith, kind of wild that Gambo claimed he was not even an option for the Suns. Had a triple double tonight too.

Add to the con list that players sag off of Alonzo due to his horrid shooting and double up on the other teams best player.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If it happens, stick a fork in this franchise. It's done.

I don't understand your Ball hate.

First off he is a very good defender.

Second off why are you so sure he will want to go back to LA after they trade him. Phoenix ain't that far from LA, and the rest of his brothers aren't going to be playing in LA either. I just don't think he would be determined to go back there if things go ok here.

Third he is very good distributor. We don't really need him to be a scorer. His shot needs improvement, but it should improve.

He is not a bad option at all if the price is right.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd take a chance on Ball for the Bucks pick. The negative is he would take up salary space.

I have a strong feeling if we do trade for him - warren will be part of the deal. So that is where the money comes from

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't understand your Ball hate.

First off he is a very good defender.

Second off why are you so sure he will want to go back to LA after they trade him. Phoenix ain't that far from LA, and the rest of his brothers aren't going to be playing in LA either. I just don't think he would be determined to go back there if things go ok here.

Third he is very good distributor. We don't really need him to be a scorer. His shot needs improvement, but it should improve.

He is not a bad option at all if the price is right.

First, check out the advanced stats and watch some games. His defense is virtually non-existent.

Second, his father and he have said several times that he wants to be in LA. Again, it is the worst kept secret in the NBA. He WILL sign with the Lakers or Clippers after his rookie deal is up. Bank on it.

Third, yes he is a good distributor, but his shot is so bad that it won't keep defenses honest. Defenders will sag off of Ball and trap Booker just like what happened in when the Suns played the Lakers last time.

Finally, pay close attention to his attitude and effort. He is another Ariza/Bledsoe just waiting to happen.

He is not a good option at any price. The only way I would even consider taking on Ball is if the Lakers threw in Kuzma or Ingram and didn't ask for anything of value back. And then I would waive Ball.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First, check out the advanced stats and watch some games. His defense is virtually non-existent.

Second, his father and he have said several times that he wants to be in LA. Again, it is the worst kept secret in the NBA. He WILL sign with the Lakers or Clippers after his rookie deal is up. Bank on it.

Third, yes he is a good distributor, but his shot is so bad that it won't keep defenses honest. Defenders will sag off of Ball and trap Booker just like what happened in when the Suns played the Lakers last time.

Finally, pay close attention to his attitude and effort. He is another Ariza/Bledsoe just waiting to happen.

He is not a good option at any price. The only way I would even consider taking on Ball is if the Lakers threw in Kuzma or Ingram and didn't ask for anything of value back. And then I would waive Ball.

I don't care what his father says. He is a BS'er. When Lonzo says it I will believe it. Second I would assume he wants to be a man and not always live in his fathers shadow. With that said I did recently watch some dumb show he filmed as a rookie where lonzo came off like a spoiled immature brat so I'm not saying there is zero issue.

His shooting is not good - but it is markedly better this season than last, and will likely continue to improve. 33% from 3 isn't unworkable especially if he helps solve our rebounding issues.

I do hate his free throw shooting though - that is an issue.

He is flawed but I still think he can easily become a Jason Kidd type player.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Gambo who's "inside source" is clearly Robert Sarver, officially reporting the Suns are on the Ball Bandwagon

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
And thus would end, or delay, the Suns need for a functional (not a Hollywood) Point Guard to help get the most out of Booker and Ayton. That is the negative!

The longer that is delayed, the closer it comes to Booker announcing that he wants to be traded. Which will ruin any chance of Ayton wanting to remain here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn