National Championship Game

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have been trying to focus on Jonah Williams the Alabama OT and I am not seeing how he is a top 10 pick.

as i said several weeks a go, doesnt look good the history of alabama linemen in the nfl, especially recently
long list of bust

a name? andre smith

followed by dj flucker chance warmack the brothers kouandjo etc etc

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have been trying to focus on Jonah Williams the Alabama OT and I am not seeing how he is a top 10 pick.
I am thinking ARZ should take Andre Dillard in Round 2 rather than take a risk on either Williams or Little in Round 1. I think first rounder comes down to Bosa if they stay at #1 or Devin White, Josh Allen, Greedy Williams or N'Keal Harry if they trade down.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I haven’t seen anything impressive at all about Alabama. I know Christmas is over but this game reminds me of the movie A Christmas Story where Ralphy beats the crap out of Farkus and all the kids realize he’s just some punk kid that was feared for no reason. I think Alabama lost their intimidation factor tonight....

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Alabama just outclassed, outmuscled and outplayed tonight.

They are a talented team too, not some joke but Clemson is just on a diff level

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the 2 playoff games Alabama gave up 34 points to Oklahoma and 44 points to Clemson. Vaunted defense? Beware over value when drafting Alabama defenders.

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
I live 15 miles from Clemson and it has been amazing to watch what Dabo has done (and for you believers, don't you just love it when he talks of Jesus and God's Glory!!). Oh, my daughter is a Texas Tech grad, so I followed Kingsbury closely during is career. Guess that could go under a different thread. :)

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
syracuse is my favourite college team since i watched the movie ''the express''
this year they have been a nicely surprise

I was born & raised in Syracuse, NY. The Orange won 10 this year & will be in the national picture very soon. We beat Clemson 2 years ago in the Carrier Dome & should have beaten them this year too. Clemson converted 2 4th down plays on their winning drive, with one of them a bs pass interference call. We have them in the Dome again this year. Expect that to be a crazy loud scene.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On a slightly different topic, when Clemson spanked ND, everyone said that ND didn't belong. I don't believe that to be the case. What we saw last night was a superior Clemson team that DESTROYED everyone down the stretch. The only team that should have beaten them was Syracuse earlier in the year.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On a slightly different topic, when Clemson spanked ND, everyone said that ND didn't belong. I don't believe that to be the case. What we saw last night was a superior Clemson team that DESTROYED everyone down the stretch. The only team that should have beaten them was Syracuse earlier in the year.
People mainly said ND didn’t belong because they always fall flat in these big bowl/playoff games.

They haven’t won a big time bowl game since 1993.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
People mainly said ND didn’t belong because they always fall flat in these big bowl/playoff games.

Not exactly a fair argument though. They went undefeated this year with wins over Michigan, Stanford, and Syracuse.

Ohio State was probably better than Notre Dame but they lost to freaking Purdue.

Notre Dame deserved to be in the championship this year.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not exactly a fair argument though. They went undefeated this year with wins over Michigan, Stanford, and Syracuse.

Ohio State was probably better than Notre Dame but they lost to freaking Purdue.

When you get opportunity after opportunity to accomplish something yet continue to fail, I think it’s a fair argument.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Those 3 wins were not much of a resume. Being independent. without a conference championship, they get a free pass. OSU hammered Michigan in Conf Champ game. Big 10 got shut out and are pissed.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Very true, but what they did in the past few bowls shouldn't come into play this year. When was the last time that Michigan played well in a bowl game. Yet, until they were smashed by OSU, everyone was saying they should be in before Notre Dame. They certainly didn't play well in the 1st half of the Clemson game, but the ball didn't bounce their way either. Bottom line, their wasn't one competitive college playoff game this year, not 1. Notre Dame was every bit as deserving as OU, Alabama, OSU, TX, UGA, etc, etc.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Yes, I heard of this!

I heard there was a football game and Imagine Dragons concert scheduled around the new Captain Marvel commercial.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Must have been one helluva loss taken hard by Nick Saban. 5 assistants have left Alabama since the game.

That’s now five #RollTide assistants out the door:

Dan Enos to Miami
Mike Locksley to Maryland
Josh Gattis to Michigan
Brent Key to Georgia Tech
Kyle Pope to Liberty

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Anyone see the resemblance?

Trevor Lawrence

You must be registered for see images attach

and Charlotte from Ozark

You must be registered for see images
Just saw this and all I can think of is Deliverance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson