OT: Lamar Jackson

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Does he have the arm BA is looking for in a QB? Most of his throws look to be 10 yards or less and his mechanics need work. He is a play maker in every sense of the word, depending on where ARZ ends up picking he could be an option, if BA likes his arm enough. I am more interested in his teammate Jaylen Smith, 6'4 220, looking like a beast so far this season.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does he have the arm BA is looking for in a QB? Most of his throws look to be 10 yards or less and his mechanics need work. He is a play maker in every sense of the word, depending on where ARZ ends up picking he could be an option, if BA likes his arm enough. I am more interested in his teammate Jaylen Smith, 6'4 220, looking like a beast so far this season.
He has a huge arm & has gotten stronger the year. Look at this beauty for example.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And you can say every college QB ever needs to work on their mechanics. Him & Rosen are by far the best QB prospects in this class imo.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He has a huge arm & has gotten stronger the year. Look at this beauty for example.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And you can say every college QB ever needs to work on their mechanics. Him & Rosen are by far the best QB prospects in this class imo.
Oh, I agree every QB in this class has flaws and ARZ will definitely need a QB. If Jackson is the guy then I would be happy. Just saying BA is particular about his QB's.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This guys frame, movement style, and arm mechanics remind me of Vince Young. This guy's better though.
We'll have to trade up for him if we win more than 3 games. (Or is he a true sophomore this year?)

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Only watched that game for a few minutes but he literally missed a wide open receiver by 10 ft on three straight plays. Thought it was a different QB at first. The potential is there but he needs a lot of work. Right now he's a toothpick version of Vince Young.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only watched that game for a few minutes but he literally missed a wide open receiver by 10 ft on three straight plays. Thought it was a different QB at first. The potential is there but he needs a lot of work. Right now he's a toothpick version of Vince Young.
Is today the first game you actually watched him?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
While I feel LJ improved as a passer so far this season I still like Baker Mayfield better.

This kid is Russell Wilson part II!!! Oh btw he's tearing the Bucks up when given time. Luv him :mrgreen:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I feel LJ improved as a passer so far this season I still like Baker Mayfield better.

This kid is Russell Wilson part II!!! Oh btw he's tearing the Bucks up when given time. Luv him :mrgreen:

How can a UT fan love a player from Oklahoma???

:D

btw, he looks great tonight!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
How can a UT fan love a player from Oklahoma???

:D

btw, he looks great tonight!
Lol

Hate the team luv the player! He's better than any QB the Horns have ever had IMO as far as a passer. Btw I told Keim last year in Miami while having some drinks to draft this kid :lol:

He's very good!!!

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mayfield reminds me of Drew Brees. Didn't he get into some trouble over the summer? A QB should be ARZ's priority in the draft. They can fill needs at WR & CB in FA next year.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jackson... Mayfield.... and (the best QB prospect in a long time) Darnold...

Our season this year will have to be a disaster to get a chance at even one of them. The top of this QB class is the best we have seen in a long time.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is my #1 choice at 15 for sure.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I can see it now, like a reoccurring bad dream. Mayfield or Rosen slides but we do nothing to trade up a few spots while another team seizes the day. We are at fifteen and Lamar Jackson is there but we pass on him. Then we attempt to trade up in the first for Rudolph but a team with the pick uses it on him. We then stay pat in the second thinking Lauletta will slide but is drafted a few spots before we can pick. We then draft the Allen kid out of Houston in the fourth round who ends up on our practice squad for a year, is cut, acquired for one game which he blows, and then is out of the league while we say next year's draft is the solution but Glennon could finally see the light but then when reality hits we sign Captain Check Down Part Deux Luke Falk on waivers... oh goody :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson