Fargo (FX)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finished the Fargo series a few weeks ago. Is this just a one year series or do you think it will go on?

since Malvo and Lester are dead, is this the end of the show?

If they do anything, I think they'll do something like American Horror Story has done. New crime, same type of location, same tone, but totally different characters.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'Fargo': Season 2 scoop and premiere script page -- exclusive

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/18/fargo-season-2-script/

Fargo is going back in time to 1979 for season two, and EW has a first-look at a page from the season premiere script.

Expect another snow-swept rural crime drama loosely inspired by the Coen brothers’ film, only this time the action is set in Luverne, Minnesota, where humble married couple Peggy and Ed Blomquist (Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons) find themselves caught in an escalating war between a local crime gang and a major Mob syndicate. (A character in season one cryptically described the 1979 case as “savagery, pure and simple,” with a massive pileup of bodies.)

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be bitter if I were Billy Bob because they killed him off. He was the show. IMHO

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Such different roles for the likes of Brad Garrett,Jean Smart and Jeffery Donovan. Those are possibly breakout roles. Kirsten Dunst is familiar with the accent from Drop Dead Gorgeous, but this role is way different than the teen beauty pageant contestant. This show fills the Breaking Bad hole for me.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FX Renews 'Fargo' for a Third Installment

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fx-renews-fargo-a-third-843201

Noah Hawley's FX dance card is getting awfully full. The prolific showrunner, currently under an overall deal with FX Productions, is now set to tackle a third season of his critically cherished Fargo anthology.

The cable network announced the order Monday, as the series heads into the second half of its sophomore run. It comes as little surprise. The first go of Fargo, in 2014, earned 18 Emmy nominations and three wins. And the second season currently ranks as the most-acclaimed series of 2015, per review aggregate Metacritic, averaging a score of 96 out of 100.

Loosely based on the Joel and Ethan Coen's landmark 1996 film of the same name, Fargo is produced by MGM Television and FX Productions and executive produced by Hawley, the Coens, Warren Littlefield and John Cameron.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
great news. this is probably the best show on TV right now. I didn't think they could top Season 1, or even approach it, but this year has been fantastic as well.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
great news. this is probably the best show on TV right now. I didn't think they could top Season 1, or even approach it, but this year has been fantastic as well.

Amen. I liked the first season, but it wasn't my favorite. I am loving this season. It's fantastic.

Joe

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Finally watched the S2 premier. Going to binge the rest over the next few nights and catch up. Season 1 was fantastic and the S2 premier set things up nicely. How does this thread only have 3 pages while TWD has about a million? I still watch TWD, but these two shows aren't even comparable in terms of quality.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa Indian gets revenge. Dobbs got a bit of a surprise. Kirsten Dunst is awesome in her role.

Kirsten Dunst is awesome in her role. Best stabbing scene since Psycho.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show is really good. Dunst has pleasantly surprised me as has Jesse Plemons.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show is really good. Dunst has pleasantly surprised me as has Jesse Plemons.

the driving scene when they are going to the cabin with Dobbs in the trunk was just fantastic. She's been great all season, but the last couple episodes took it up a few notches.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the driving scene when they are going to the cabin with Dobbs in the trunk was just fantastic. She's been great all season, but the last couple episodes took it up a few notches.

Peggy Blomquist is one tough Mama. I guess Peggy is "fully realized".

Anyone notice the movie on the B & W TV in the Motel Room? Nice setup.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peggy Blomquist is one tough Mama. I guess Peggy is "fully realized".

Anyone notice the movie on the B & W TV in the Motel Room? Nice setup.

Lovers on the run being hunted?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a great episode Monday. And no one is talking about this?

:thud:

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Finally watched the S2 premier. Going to binge the rest over the next few nights and catch up. Season 1 was fantastic and the S2 premier set things up nicely. How does this thread only have 3 pages while TWD has about a million? I still watch TWD, but these two shows aren't even comparable in terms of quality.

This is the best show on TV right now.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the best show on TV right now.

still trying to figure out how I feel about the end of that episode, but did deliver another great line from Peggy

"it's just day flying saucer hun, we gotta go"

I do love this show.

Joe

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson