Diamondbacks have foundation for success

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The prevailing notion inside the Diamondbacks clubhouse on Friday evening was the hope that their surprisingly successful season is only the first of many to come.

Based on the club's roster construction, it very well could be.

Following their Game 5 Division Series loss to the Milwaukee Brewers, the Diamondbacks go into the off-season with nearly all of their key players under club control for next season.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/dia...cks-foundation-for-success.html#ixzz1aOp0P6dJ

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Totally agree. I would like a more consistent bat at 3B or 2B to protect Upton. And I wonder if having two sub-par offensive outfielders is worth all the amazing defense they bring to the table.

My prediction:

Next year's team will look very similar to this one with a couple of tweaks:

1. Aaron Hill is gone. Roberts moves to 2B full-time. We go get a third baseman (I don't even know who would be available). I don't want Aremis Ramirez, though.

2. They young studs turn the starting rotation on its ear. Collmenter moves to either the #5 spot in the rotation or the bullpen. Saunders is traded away to make room.

3. Obviously Drew comes back to SS.

That's about it.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I think that we keep Hill, but re-negotiate his contract. That seems very possible with what I've read so far. He played very well for us and what he could potentially bring us is too much to pass up. I hope that we keep him.

Saunders is definitely let go.

Other than that, I believe only minor moves will be made. Bauer and Parker/Skaggs should find the roation, Collmenter will be #4 for now. If any big moves will be made for a 3B or starting pitcher, it would probably be at the deadline.

I think how we're set up, our line-up could be VERY good next year. I just really hope that Drew isn't held back too much from such a brutal injury. We need him next year.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the new young starting pitchers.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I think that we keep Hill, but re-negotiate his contract. That seems very possible with what I've read so far. He played very well for us and what he could potentially bring us is too much to pass up. I hope that we keep him.

Saunders is definitely let go.

Other than that, I believe only minor moves will be made. Bauer and Parker/Skaggs should find the roation, Collmenter will be #4 for now. If any big moves will be made for a 3B or starting pitcher, it would probably be at the deadline.

I think how we're set up, our line-up could be VERY good next year. I just really hope that Drew isn't held back too much from such a brutal injury. We need him next year.

I think you are right now. KT was on the radio yesterday and said the D-Backs have the cash to handle both Hill's contract and Saunders' contract, after he goes through arbitration.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wrong forum. :)

Last edited:

HooverDam

Reaction score
One potential bright side about Drews injury is that it may keep him here longer. A while back I was convinced he'd eventually leave town and go to a more baseball centric market (St Louis maybe) for a big payday. But with the injury slowing him down and maybe getting a chance to see how this team is developing perhaps he'll want to stay....I dunno.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Drew is a Boras guy, he's going to the highest bidder when he can. The injury may knock that price down, but it will still be the highest bidder.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I don't have anthing to add. I'm just tired of the "Brewer's Beast" thread title being the first thing I see on this board...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson