Who would you start against the Bucs?

How do you start at QB versus the Bucs

• Total voters

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Votes are public.

A few words about why you would go with who you vote for would great.

Also, I'm assuming the Cards don't, in the next few days, trade for a QB, or get one off the street. I mean, one has to assume that our FO and coach are trying to screw up the QB position this year. That's the only explanation that makes any sense. Intentional, calculated, cold-blooded, malicious murder of our QB proficiency.

Last edited:

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
Votes are public.

A few words about why you would go with who you vote for would great.

Also, I'm assuming the Cards don't, in the next few days, trade for a QB, or get one off the street. I mean, one has to assume that our FO and coach aretrying to screw up the QB position this year. That's the only explanation that makes any sense. Intentional, calculated, cold-blooded, malicious murder of our QB proficiency.
I'd give Hall another chance.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
I don't know, I'm on the ledge. Gonna say Anderson, I don't know who gives us a better chance to win at this point, but Hall was a disaster. Of course DA is a disaster, so... Pick your poison.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
We should draft an Air Force QB & run the wishbone :D

The 3 headed monster of THT, Wells & LSH could drive D coordinators insane.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anderson not because I want to but Hall was worse than him today. It's like choosing an illness to be honest. Damn Cardinals.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hall, only because I've seen what DA brings. I'd like to see how the rookie responds after a bad game.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I went with Max. Changing QBs every couple of weeks won't make either of them any better. Might as well try to develop a little continuity.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw what DA brings. Mostly incompletions, very high balls that get our WRs hurt, terrible throws when needed most and the occasional three or four nice plays in a row that make you think he's fixed his problems. He hasn't. He's been in the league 6 years, and this is what you get.

Hall is an UDFA who is going to have serious growing pains into the position. When off, he's no worse than DA with the added benefit of not throwing jump balls to everyone to get them fractured backs and such. When off, he can still throw a ball in front of a RB (the Howling throw) which DA simply can't (the throw to Hightower). That alone is enough to make the switch. When on, he's more accurate than DA.

We made the move to Hall. Stay with it come hell or high water. Going back to DA shows you don't have confidence in anyone.

When you start an UDFA, you expect him to look like ass from time to time. Is it really that shocking he didn't look good on the road at false start field with wet conditions?

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter who you guys start, we will win regardless.

Still amped up over that epic win over the Rams?

Give me a break.

Go over to the Smack area and peddle your crap so we can ignore you. The next 24 hours are for us to beat up on our team, not you.

JTS

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I saw what DA brings. Mostly incompletions, very high balls that get our WRs hurt, terrible throws when needed most and the occasional three or four nice plays in a row that make you think he's fixed his problems. He hasn't. He's been in the league 6 years, and this is what you get.

Hall is an UDFA who is going to have serious growing pains into the position. When off, he's no worse than DA with the added benefit of not throwing jump balls to everyone to get them fractured backs and such. When off, he can still throw a ball in front of a RB (the Howling throw) which DA simply can't (the throw to Hightower). That alone is enough to make the switch. When on, he's more accurate than DA.

We made the move to Hall. Stay with it come hell or high water. Going back to DA shows you don't have confidence in anyone.

When you start an UDFA, you expect him to look like ass from time to time. Is it really that shocking he didn't look good on the road at false start field with wet conditions?

Just to play Devil's advocate, Hall looked horrendous. I mean, that was one of the worst halves of QB play that I've seen in a long time.

He looked like a completely different QB vs the NO game.

I mean, I voted for Hall because I think he'll play better at home, but damn, if he goes 4-16 against the bucs, you have start thinking that the party's over.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
According to SNF, Hall is concussed. He won't be able to start until he passes all the tests the league administers.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
According to SNF, Hall is concussed. He won't be able to start until he passes all the tests the league administers.

I dont think that'll be a problem. While he was out, he was sitting on the sidelines talking with teammates and functioning normally.

If he does have concussion symptoms, I would imagine they are minor.

IMO, if Hall does not have an abysmal half of football, he finishes the game.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Still amped up over that epic win over the Rams?

Give me a break.

Go over to the Smack area and peddle your crap so we can ignore you. The next 24 hours are for us to beat up on our team, not you.

JTS

:thumbup:

Some people will be surprised by this, but I voted for Hall. He's not good, but Derek Anderson has me holding my breath every time he releases a pass because I don't think even he has any idea where it's going to go. He could have thrown another pick or two that just plain surprised Seattle defenders.

If Tampa Bay can run the ball on the road, it's a problem. They're a terrible running team, and I hope that our secondary can contain their VERY ordinary receiving corps. The defense ought to be able to win this one, because I don't think that special teams wets the bed two weeks in a row.

This team hasn't lost two games in a row in nine consecutive chances now (I think); they're not going to break that streak against a Tampa Bay team that beat Cincy, Cleveland, and St. Louis by a combined 7 points.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I don't know, I'm on the ledge. Gonna say Anderson, I don't know who gives us a better chance to win at this point, but Hall was a disaster. Of course DA is a disaster, so... Pick your poison.

Hall is a disaster who might get better.

DA is a disaster who will never improve.

I picked Hall...but not by much

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Hall gave probably the single worst performance at QB that I have ever seen - even worse than a QB who throws 4 picks like Brees and Cutler today. That was the most horrific thing I have ever seen. It's hard to imagine that this dude actually has anything to offer after this showing.

Anderson is Anderson, so what's the point?

Might as well try the Skelton on for size....

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Hall is that good of a QB, I don't think he's going to become a very good QB but I want him to finish out the season. My reasoning is that QB is the most important position and I don't want the FO and coaching staff going in to the next offseason thinking Hall is our starter. If Hall continues to flounder over the next 10 games then there's no lack of game tape to show that we need a serious commitment to the QB position, whether it be a 1st round pick or signing McNabb if he's allowed to hit free agency. No more late picks who are all potential and no production, no UDFA's, no more Derek Anderson type FAs.

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
I picked DA because I have been wrong about everything I've guessed that Coach will do.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
I picked DA because I have been wrong about everything I've guessed that Coach will do.

The poll is about who you would pick to start, not guess who whiz is starting. Just want to clarify...

Bucs_Will_Win

Reaction score
:thumbup:

If Tampa Bay can run the ball on the road, it's a problem. They're a terrible running team, and I hope that our secondary can contain their VERY ordinary receiving corps. The defense ought to be able to win this one, because I don't think that special teams wets the bed two weeks in a row.

This team hasn't lost two games in a row in nine consecutive chances now (I think); they're not going to break that streak against a Tampa Bay team that beat Cincy, Cleveland, and St. Louis by a combined 7 points.

:mulli:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
At this point, I'm on the phone with Josh McCown as soon as the plane hits tempe...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson