2024 Free Agency thread

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I've talked about this before, but my rating spectrum is

Elite: consistently top 5 at the position; everyone knows who he is
Superstar: Consistently top 10 at the position; every NFL fan knows who he is
Star: Consistently top 25 at the position; every fantasy football player knows who he is
Solid starter: Could start for 17 NFL teams or more.
Average player: Could realistically start on a playoff team.
Replacement level: Could start for the Arizona Cardinals.

Under this rubric, Michael Pittman is obviously a star; I even explained the definition in my post. I'd appreciate less inflammatory language -- free agency has just begun.
Under your own definition, I'd say he's kind of nestled between star and solid starter. There are probably 6-7 teams that Pittman wouldn't start for.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That's a massive overpay for any Guard, especially one who's never been All Pro and in his 3 years has never topped a PFF grade of 70.

I was going to say I'm not sure why you have to turn it into a dig on Monti, but I am sure.
We'll probably know more when the deal actually gets posted and not announced by his agents, right?

PFF Grades LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Even if the deal is 100% as reported by agents, it's $500K more than the deal Chris Lindstrom signed last year with the Falcons, who had made one pro bowl and 2 second-team all pros at the team the deal was executed.

Kelce retired. Lane Johnson is entering his age 34 season. Jordan Mailata's deal voids after 2025. They're propping open their window for another year.

Again, I think that Howie Roseman has earned the benefit of the doubt here.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We'll probably know more when the deal actually gets posted and not announced by his agents, right?

PFF Grades LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Even if the deal is 100% as reported by agents, it's $500K more than the deal Chris Lindstrom signed last year with the Falcons, who had made one pro bowl and 2 second-team all pros at the team the deal was executed.

Kelce retired. Lane Johnson is entering his age 34 season. Jordan Mailata's deal voids after 2025. They're propping open their window for another year.

Again, I think that Howie Roseman has earned the benefit of the doubt here.

Lindstrom is far better than Dickerson and the deal structure is as announced.

If Monti signed a Guard to a $21m deal you would crap your pants.

Overpay for position value is overpay for position value. I don't care who the GM is.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The market is just super-thin. I think that's a good explanation for why so many guys are also re-signing.

Some of the marquee names who are getting released can't even talk yet because the release won't post until the league new year (I think).
Then how was Russ Wilson able to talk and come to agreement?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Under your own definition, I'd say he's kind of nestled between star and solid starter. There are probably 6-7 teams that Pittman wouldn't start for.
It's a rough heuristic, but Pittman hasn't finished below WR 27 in fantasy points after his rookie season. You don't have to be a football sicko to know who he is.

I think I also described him above as a WR 1.5. He'd easily have been the best WR on the Arizona Cardinals last year and probably 10 or more other teams around the league. It's no shame the he couldn't be a WR 1 or 2 for the Bengals and Eagles. I think you'd really get into arguable territory after four teams there.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Greenard to the Vikings. Very likely means Hunter doesn't come back.

Cool. I really wasn't hot for a guy with a single great season who his own team didn't want to pay despite having loads of cap space.

Easy to argue Anderson drew the attention and Greenard benefited.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pittman got a Larry Fitgerald contract. He is a star in Indy and that is what matters to Indy.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's a rough heuristic, but Pittman hasn't finished below WR 27 in fantasy points after his rookie season. You don't have to be a football sicko to know who he is.

I think I also described him above as a WR 1.5. He'd easily have been the best WR on the Arizona Cardinals last year and probably 10 or more other teams around the league. It's no shame the he couldn't be a WR 1 or 2 for the Bengals and Eagles. I think you'd really get into arguable territory after four teams there.
1.5 is probably accurate and I was probably splitting hairs.

I wouldn't be excited about him if he was a Cardinals player.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Greenard has had quite a few good years where he produced a lot of pressures. The big issue with him was injuries.

Before last year he had 10.5 sacks in about 950 snaps. Never played more than 62% of snaps, which was last year.

Exactly the kind of guy I hate paying in FA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort