Suns trade for Royce O'Neale and David Roddy

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like the trade deadline has passed with no further trades. The Suns can still explore the free agent and buyout market.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I trust the Suns on this. They had seen that guy every single day in practice and couldn't crack the game.
He has been injured. Also I think they might have been benching because they had planned to trade him and didn't want to aggravate an injury. I expect him to start getting some time again after these moves.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like that David Roddy is signed to a reasonable multi-year contract and the Suns have the Bird Rights to Royce O'Neale so they should be able to keep them going forward.

Although Little was not traded, they have him on a reasonable multi-year contract.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has been injured. Also I think they might have been benching because they had planned to trade him and didn't want to aggravate an injury. I expect him to start getting some time again after these moves.
That doesn't explain him not cracking it halfway through the season. I just don't think he played well enough but who knows.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I am happy with Royce. He is a solid defender and a solid shooter. He does not do stupid stuff, and does a little bit of everything. He is exactly what this team needs as a second or third guy off the bench. He can also be extended on a decent contract. Don't know anything about the other guy.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That doesn't explain him not cracking it halfway through the season. I just don't think he played well enough but who knows.
I have watched every minute this season and in my opinion he has been the most complete bench player other than Gordon.

He's very average at just about everything, and his athleticism and youth gives him some upside.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So we have JO, Goodwin, O'neale, and Roddy who all fit the same mold...bleh

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So....championship??

I'd say the Suns improved their bench at the power forward position. Their starters were not the problem.

Also, they have two openings to better address needs such as depth at center and perhaps a backup point guard.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
O'Neale seems like an amalgamation of KBD, Yuta, and Metu. He can shoot, defend, and play off the ball. Metu was nice as a stretch big but didn't defend or rebound well. Both Yuta and KBD were disappointments here. Goodwin has potential and I'm bummed to lose him.

Roddy's inclusion is frustrating since we were in touch with Memphis and somehow didn't get Tillman, who the Celtics did for a pair of 2nd rounders. He would have been great here. Roddy? He might be something but who knows.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Former Warriors GM Bob Meyers likes the Suns addition of Royce O'Neale.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media