Devin Booker is the greatest player EVER in Suns history

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too. Wish we had him out there with Devin and Kevin. As I recall he had some pretty good games against Denver. I remember one season where he went for 30 (-ish) up there and then turned around and went for 40 the next time they faced each other in Phoenix. He was just so smooth. Booker makes high scoring games look common but they weren't common at all for the Suns back then.
I remember when Davis scored 34 points without a missed shot against the Sonics. He finally missed one with less than a minute remaining, but the announcers were going crazy with each consecutive shot after like 6 made.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker has become an indisputable star this postseason. He's raised his level of play so much that he literally doesn't have a ceiling at this point. Would anyone be surprised with a 50 point triple double in game 5? How about another 70 point outting? Neither would be a surprise and that's extraordinary. We really lucked into having the best guard in the league right now and he's just 26 years old. It's really crazy to think about where he might go as a player in the future.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Booker has become an indisputable star this postseason. He's raised his level of play so much that he literally doesn't have a ceiling at this point. Would anyone be surprised with a 50 point triple double in game 5? How about another 70 point outting? Neither would be a surprise and that's extraordinary. We really lucked into having the best guard in the league right now and he's just 26 years old. It's really crazy to think about where he might go as a player in the future.
I remember thinking Booker's ceiling was CJ McCollum/Bradley Beal

Oof.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I remember thinking Booker's ceiling was CJ McCollum/Bradley Beal

Oof.
I never really understood the logic behind these comparisons. A player that always came to mind for me was James Harden and how he transformed into an MVP caliber player and I always though Booker had a chance at getting to that level. Funny enough he may very well have surpassed it. Don't think Harden has ever been this versatile and efficient, especially in the playoffs.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Book was literally one of the only reasons to watch the Suns there for awhile - the 70pt game was insane but also tainted because we didn't win the game. Then we started surrounding him with a little more help here and a little more help there. He just kept developing and developing his game. Looking back at it now - it kinda does resemble Jordan's climb - I just had no idea Booker would keep climbing. Not only the scoring but also the defense, which is something else Jordan did that Nash couldn't do, mostly due to sheer lack of size. Honestly there's no telling how good Booker will get but his rise is already historic

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
I never really understood the logic behind these comparisons. A player that always came to mind for me was James Harden and how he transformed into an MVP caliber player and I always though Booker had a chance at getting to that level. Funny enough he may very well have surpassed it. Don't think Harden has ever been this versatile and efficient, especially in the playoffs.
I am an ASU fan and some hardcore sun devil fans defend Harden to the end. But Booker is better in many ways, mainly defense, staying in shape and not bailing on a team and forcing an exit.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Distractions.

Booker could have easily been distracted when he was with Kendall and her baggage...
Supposedly one of the distractions last year when we played Dallas was book and Kendell's break up. Being reported by Dan Bickley. Not sure how he knows, but he has been digging on what happened in that series for a while and has a list of things that went down in that series.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is pity partying at its absolute best Steve.

What you failed to understand (and apparently still do), everyone liked Marion. But he did nothing for us in the playoffs. Nothing. There was value in him helping us get to the playoffs, but he never continued his high level play in the postseason. Plays run for him or not, there is an expectation that a guy with his talent should at least contribute to a playoff run. And he frequently didn’t.

Getting tired of all the “told you so” posts on this board recently.

Marion was awesome in one of my favorite playoff games ever. In the game 6 close out against the mavs in 2005 he had 38 pts and 16 rebounds.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This playoff run is the first time Booker has been the best player on a playoff team. Paul's advanced stats were better than Booker's across the board the last two seasons.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Nash's physical problem was not lack of size but lack of any athleticism, plus that back problem. I see Nash as a physically limied player, who possessed only maneuverabilty and little speed.

But he probably had as much cleverness and shooting skill as Larry Bird. Who, interestingly, is another great example of an unathletic, physically limited player who could succeed only through skill, will and work.
Describes Jokic to a T.