Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He really is a guard that’s playing outta position. He’s 6’4.

Height no longer dictates position. Bruce Brown is a 6'4" PF. PJ Tucker is a 6'5" PF/C. Ben Simmons was a 6'11" PG. The league has changed. I can go on with more examples and I'm sure others could as well. It's almost time to do away with old positions and go with PG, Wings, Bigs. I think we'll see that happen more as position designation is dropped for All-NBA awards going forward.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Height no longer dictates position. Bruce Brown is a 6'4" PF. PJ Tucker is a 6'5" PF/C. Ben Simmons was a 6'11" PG. The league has changed. I can go on with more examples and I'm sure others could as well. It's almost time to do away with old positions and go with PG, Wings, Bigs. I think we'll see that happen more as position designation is dropped for All-NBA awards going forward.
Then you would have to redefine wing. Because a wing is someone who can play both SG and SF. There are way too many SG in this league that can’t play SF. There are a bunch of tweeners at the PF/SF spots that can’t play SG either.

I get the sentiment though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then you would have to redefine wing. Because a wing is someone who can play both SG and SF. There are way too many SG in this league that can’t play SF. There are a bunch of tweeners at the PF/SF spots that can’t play SG either.

I get the sentiment though.

It's hard to label positions any more unless one uses them to identify function.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
He really is a guard that’s playing outta position. He’s 6’4.
Tell that to Adrian Dantley. Listed at 6'5" om basketball reference and he was shorter then Barkley, who everyone who played Barkley said he was way shorter than listed. No one argued Dantley wasn't a forward, and noone thought he was his listed height,

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’d agree with that. He’s a wing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Tell that to Adrian Dantley. Listed at 6'5" om basketball reference and he was shorter then Barkley, who everyone who played Barkley said he was way shorter than listed. No one argued Dantley wasn't a forward, and noone thought he was his listed height,
Dantley played post his career including college. Okogie has always been a guard.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Except on the Suns. :)
Except that’s not really true. He guards the best player on the other team other than legit bigs. He handles the ball. He really plays relatively positionless. But he’s always been a guard.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose