Bucks @ Suns Tuesday game thread 3-14-2023

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Khris Middleton among others is OUT for the Bucks.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Im doing a nice early fan suns stress banna kush hit already....

Im soooo nervous on this gm.... just please no blowout again :( and is giannis playing ton.....?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As expected, Kevin Durant and Landry Shamet are OUT for the Suns.

Torrey Craig is probable.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The narrative that the Suns have been risk averse is non-sense.

Barkey trade, Majerle trade, Kidd trade, Penny signing, Marbury trade, 2nd Marbury trade, Nash signing, Shaq trade... then we spent nearly a decade swinging for the fences with high ceiling low floor players, the instant we show a spark of life again... Chris Paul trade.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've made my opinion clear. I wouldn't have made the trade including Bridges. It's a risk I wouldn't have taken.

It was a massive overpay. Now all we can hope is it comes out right.
Not sure what that has to do with everybody recognizing the risk to some degree. I think we all as fans are hoping this pays off.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't think the risk is in dispute.

The difference is those who would take the risk and those who wouldn't.

WE ALL WANT IT TO LEAD TO A CHAMPIONSHIP.
If you are not willing to do what it takes, how can you honestly say you want a championship?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
There is no surefire way to guarantee a championship. To claim anyone wouldn't do what it takes is nonsense.
On the Suns, there is nothing that says Bridges was going to get us a championship. Our odds are better with KD, plain and simple. Period. Full stop.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you are not willing to do what it takes, how can you honestly say you want a championship?

Chap... you're operating on the presumption that this gets us closer to a title... which until it happens, is totally subjective.

Patient team building has yielded more title success than moves like this.

Impatience, knee jerk trades, paying a premium for a guy with red flags...

Every team in the league wants to win, but this trade is like something the Knicks would do.

More desperation than ambition.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Im doing a nice early fan suns stress banna kush hit already....

Im soooo nervous on this gm.... just please no blowout again :( and is giannis playing ton.....?
Nothin to be nervous about lol. Suns will show up tonight at home. We’ve always played Milwaukee tough even prior to the Finals matchup at home.

Would like for us to get a win but we’re gonna need all hands on deck. Would be nice if a third scorer could emerge to help out Book/DA.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chap... you're operating on the presumption that this gets us closer to a title... which until it happens, is totally subjective.

Every team in the league wants to win, but this trade is like something the Knicks would do.

Spoken like someone who is content with 50-win and fade seasons every year. Maybe you’re young but some of use that lived through those years in the 90s don’t want to have our hopes dashed year after year. At least with this, we are legit contenders when healthy. We no longer were with Bridges. If we crash and burn, so be it.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On the Suns, there is nothing that says Bridges was going to get us a championship. Our odds are better with KD, plain and simple. Period. Full stop.

Odds are better this year but by how much? How about next year and the year after that? I don't believe the odds are better in the long term. This isn't the last NBA season so going all in for a 1-2 year run is short sighted.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Spoken like someone who is content with 50-win and fade seasons every year. Maybe you’re young but some of use that lived through those years in the 90s don’t want to have our hopes dashed year after year. At least with this, we are legit contenders when healthy. We no longer were with Bridges. If we crash and burn, so be it.

You act like no one else here lived through the 90's. Come on, Chap. Really? You aren't close to being one of the oldest Suns fans here. Not saying I am but using the 90's as a time of pain as a Suns fan is laughable. A good majority became fans in the 90's.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I lived through those years too.

I’ve also watched the league long time, these moves typically end in total disaster.

I am not convinced our odds are improved right now.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You act like no one else here lived through the 90's. Come on, Chap. Really? You aren't close to being one of the oldest Suns fans here. Not saying I am but using the 90's as a time of pain as a Suns fan is laughable. A good majority became fans in the 90's.
Congrats on missing the point.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I lived through those years too.

I’ve also watched the league long time, these moves typically end in total disaster.

I am not convinced our odds are improved right now.
Then the next few years should be fun. Halliburton times 10.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not for the Suns. In modern times getting Barkley and Nash has gotten us the closest.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Congrats on missing the point.

I didn't miss your point at all. You were trying to claim anyone against the trade is against winning a title as if this is the only way. Somehow the Suns history proves it's this or 50 and fade. You're using lame repeated talking points to support a deal that was incredibly lopsided in Brooklyn's favor as if that's the only opportunity this team could ever at becoming a contender.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I didn't miss your point at all. You were trying to claim anyone against the trade is against winning a title as if this is the only way. Somehow the Suns history proves it's this or 50 and fade. You're using lame repeated talking points to support a deal that was incredibly lopsided in Brooklyn's favor as if that's the only opportunity this team could ever at becoming a contender.
What in the Suns history makes you believe the same old thing will get it done? That’s completely ridiculous, and yes, that is what you are advocating.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What in the Suns history makes you believe the same old thing will get it done? That’s completely ridiculous, and yes, that is what you are advocating.

Sticking with a young team, letting it grow into a contender, and then building and tinkering with it to keep it in the mix is something that Suns have never tried.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What am I advocating? I wanted the team to keep some assets to replace Chris Paul. Whether it was picks, Bridges, or Cam but now we're stuck hitching our wagon to a 34 year old player who hasn't played a full season in his career and he's already injured, 3 games into his tenure as a Sun. I don't believe he's played more than 60 games since he was in OKC almost a decade ago. NBA players don't get healthier as they age, look at Chris Paul. Now we'll have Paul's coming up and no cap space or assets to replace him. So Booker and KD will need to shoulder an even bigger load. I don't like the odds of winning then and we won't even have our own picks to help reload the team. Look at how long the Lakers have struggled to replenish their roster post bubble. Without a title, we're in a similar spot and if we don't get a title to show for it then it'll be even worse.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sticking with a young team, letting it grow into a contender, and then building and tinkering with it to keep it in the mix is something that Suns have never tried.
I don't think you can say this. Drafting players over 55 years is exactly trying to do this. What you are missing in your evaluation are all the misssed picks the Suns made along the way that PREVENTED them from getting it done this way.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't think you can say this. Drafting players over 55 years is exactly trying to do this. What you are missing in your evaluation are all the misssed picks the Suns made along the way that PREVENTED them from getting it done this way.
Especially with a GM with a poor drafting record?