Ja Morant wow

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You can take the kid out the hood but not the hood out the kid especially when his entourage is by his side. His mom and dad seem to be no strangers to confrontation either. MEM needs to reel him in before he does something that may end his career and put him behind bars.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not edited quote

Morant reportedly told police he had been acting in self-defense, admitting "I swung first"

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Kid has all the talent in the world hope he can figure things out. Incidents do appear to be from awhile ago

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You can take the kid out the hood but not the hood out the kid especially when his entourage is by his side. His mom and dad seem to be no strangers to confrontation either. MEM needs to reel him in before he does something that may end his career and put him behind bars.

He grew up in a middle class family from the suburbs, not exactly the hood. He does seem to really be pursuing that street image though.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He grew up in a middle class family from the suburbs, not exactly the hood. He does seem to really be pursuing that street image though.
Did not know that but explains why Shannon Sharpe called him out about pretending.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did not know that but explains why Shannon Sharpe called him out about pretending.

Yeah, he's been getting roasted about his thug life act online for awhile.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Im growing to hate this guy a lot, and I loved him in college and coming into the draft
yeah he is who i wanted of Phx won the lottery, his game is sick. But i would rather have more of a game manager at point anymore

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He’s not from “the hood” he grew up very good by all accounts and is a private school kid.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Police have already investigated the claims and the NBA. No action will be taken by the NBA and the police will not be charging him with any crime. The police concluded it was an act of self-defense. I am sure this turns into a civil lawsuit anyway.

“Any and every allegation involving a firearm has been fully investigated and could not be corroborated. This includes the NBA investigation last month, in which they found no evidence"

"The incident with the teenage boy, was purely self-defense. Again, after this was fully investigated by law enforcement, they came to the decision not to charge Ja with any crime.”

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Police have already investigated the claims and the NBA. No action will be taken by the NBA and the police will not be charging him with any crime. The police concluded it was an act of self-defense. I am sure this turns into a civil lawsuit anyway.

“Any and every allegation involving a firearm has been fully investigated and could not be corroborated. This includes the NBA investigation last month, in which they found no evidence"

"The incident with the teenage boy, was purely self-defense. Again, after this was fully investigated by law enforcement, they came to the decision not to charge Ja with any crime.”

Hmmm. No charges pressed---then there is more to that story. Of course, the kid may have chosen riches over court justice. Can't blame the kid for taking the money instead if that's what happened.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. No charges pressed---then there is more to that story. Of course, the kid may have chosen riches over court justice. Can't blame the kid for taking the money instead if that's what happened.
I am not aware of a lawsuit yet. Just speculating it wouldn't suprise me. However, since nobody can coberate that Morant did anything wrong? This might already be over.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not aware of a lawsuit yet. Just speculating it wouldn't suprise me. However, since nobody can coberate that Morant did anything wrong? This might already be over.
No lawsuit. Just a payoff behind the scenes to drop the charges. That is what I would guess happened. If the kid refuses to press charges or testify, there is no case.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, he's been getting roasted about his thug life act online for awhile.

I did that yesterday playmaker betting is slow or straight up stole my shtick.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Morant admits he started the punching, punched the a over a dozen times, no report of the kid being able to fight back... then Morant goes and grabs his gun.

"Self defense"

Right.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Morant admits he started the punching, punched the a over a dozen times, no report of the kid being able to fight back... then Morant goes and grabs his gun.

"Self defense"

Right.
Clearly this kid had a case of the 'Durden's'

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

"Self defense"

Right.
Do you have a link? The police said there was nobody that could corroberate the kids story.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you have a link? The police said there was nobody that could corroberate the kids story.

I don't think Morant even disputed it, he claimed he started punching because he felt threatened.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Jesus ****!!!

I swear to God I’ve never seen anything like this.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA