Derrick Rose to Phx possibility?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… Rose has been injured and relatively dreadful this season.

I’d rather see Washington back than roll out Rose’s old bag of bones.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there is a point guard buyout that is more steady than Cam Payne, the Suns need to snatch him up.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If there is a point guard buyout that is more steady than Cam Payne, the Suns need to snatch him up.

He had a bad game today, but Payne has been one of the best backup PGs in the league the last 3 years, and significantly better than Derrick Rose.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had a bad game today, but Payne has been one of the best backup PGs in the league the last 3 years, and significantly better than Derrick Rose.

I'm not locked onto Rose. I can't remember the last time I saw him play.

For me, it's more about Cam Payne staying healthy and being consistent. I'd like to have another steady option at point guard.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm not locked onto Rose. I can't remember the last time I saw him play.

For me, it's more about Cam Payne staying healthy and being consistent. I'd like to have another steady option at point guard.
Any of the few backup PGs that could be considered a "steady option" will never be available as a buyout option.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Payne's style is good for maybe regular season but not effective in the playoff when every team game-plans for all defensive details including him. Monty benched him too late in last year's playoffs, in favor of another streaky shooter in Shamet who but defends better. The team can make do without a true PG to substitue Paul. Book with two of Okogie, Ross, Damion, Shamet would be enough to hold their own.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Payne's style is good for maybe regular season but not effective in the playoff when every team game-plans for all defensive details including him. Monty benched him too late in last year's playoffs, in favor of another streaky shooter in Shamet who but defends better. The team can make do without a true PG to substitue Paul. Book with two of Okogie, Ross, Damion, Shamet would be enough to hold their own.
KD can run some offense as well.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don’t see a need for another guard when KD is back. KD is a point forward. Book can handle in spots. They should have focused on getting more size.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don’t see a need for another guard when KD is back. KD is a point forward. Book can handle in spots. They should have focused on getting more size.

This is why I said I kind of hope we take a gamble with Whiteside. There’s a small chance we face the bucks in finals again and to have someone to give some fouls or block some shots would be a huge plus if we want to go big.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I want the suns to win not a bunch of minimum random guys trickling in here for last 20 games. Cam shoots you into a game or out of one but ill ride with chmpagne campayne

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose