CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think I have found the best secret in the draft, rated last in the PFN mock simulator with over 800 players rated higher.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you:

Wayne Lawson, 6'7", 222 lb, WR/QB, Missouri Southern, who, in the season opener against Nebraska-Kearney, would explode for six catches 179 yards (tied Rod Smith for fourth most receiving yards in a game in Southern history) scoring twice including a 93 yarder to showcase the play making ability on the perimeter.
Dwayne Lawson might be the most interesting man in the 2023 draft. Former 4-star QB recruit who backed up Hendon Hooker at Virginia Tech. He’s 6–7 and 235 pounds and runs in the 4.4-4.5 range.
Matt Jones

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He's a good run blocker but sloppy in pass pro. He was a 4 star recruit so could be a good late round guy if you can tidy up his flaws.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Unpopular, but I’d double down on EDGE, especially if we get a 2nd back after trading Hop.

Will Anderson & Will McDonald is enticing. Cam Thomas gets moved inside & I don’t think Myjai will ever be a full-time starter.
Agreed. Resign Allen and move Cam to back him up on the line and bring in on pass rush downs.

Having Anderson Jr., McDonald, and Sanders on the same team means the Cardinals can just rotate guys in and get sacks.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My response is that Bryce Young won't stay healthy over a 17 game season getting clobbered like that all of the time.
He might not. However, he's ahead of Kyler in terms of finding throwing lanes in a muddy pocket. We can argue Kyler would remain healthier if he could/can do that.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't really agree. We've seen a decade of Russell Wilson proving this narrative wrong and Wilson is 5'10 5/8ths. So that means, if this is true (it probably is), that Wilson is only 1/8th of an inch taller.

As I've said before on this board, Kurt Warner stated in an interview once on 98.7 that he is really around 6'1, not the 6'2+ he is always listed at. He said that QBs don't really "see over the line" during plays, that they see in the gaps between linemen. This is true for 6'6 QBs and 5'4 QBs. Do taller QBs have an advantage? Sometimes yes, but it's not as dramatic as fans think.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some are saying late round 2

Yeah I mentioned him a few months back. I think it depends how people see him. I think his future, or his highest ceiling, is at 3T. That's where I want to draft him. He's 6'6" and 295lbs. That's a 3T profile.

At Edge I think he's round 3 but if someone likes him for 3T I can see round 2. Especially in this poor DI class.