New Owner - Mat Ishbia

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because he didn't pay it. It's easy to suggest people get bonuses when you're not the one paying them. I think they should get bonuses too, does that make me a good guy?
Do we know that? It could easily been factored into the sale. Regardless, it's a pretty minor step taken either by our former owner or on his behalf. It doesn't undo the fact that he's been miserly in the past to most of his employees. Scrooge is gone and Ish is happening.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Because he didn't pay it. It's easy to suggest people get bonuses when you're not the one paying them. I think they should get bonuses too, does that make me a good guy?
Actually it does make you a good guy. You don’t get any actual credit, but you’re a good guy.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Thanks for the bonus, Hoop Head. I mean, my boss didn't actually give me anything, but it's the thought that counts, right? :D

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Everything I've read seems to say the HE paid the bonus, it came out of the money he got from the sale.

I'm no fan of Sarver but it seems like a legit nice gesture on his way out.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is from Baxter Holmes ESPN Senior Writer:

Former Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver is giving a $20,000 individual bonus to many team employees and is also donating $5 million to the team's charity, sources told ESPN on Thursday.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, this is in a tweet from John Gambadoro.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nod to the nice gestures by sarver on way out.
Reverend! I have no idea if that guy is truly able to change, but this at least seems like a guy who realizes he’s made people’s lives a living hell the last year during what had to be shaky times and rewarded them for dragging them through the mud.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Agreed with others, its a nice gesture, cant take away from that. I will say however there is some motive here as he attempts to clear his name for whatever business ventures are next wjth his new $1.4B

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reverend! I have no idea if that guy is truly able to change, but this at least seems like a guy who realizes he’s made people’s lives a living hell the last year during what had to be shaky times and rewarded them for dragging them through the mud.
Reverend?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
It's the least he could do for what his bad behavior and culture cost them all.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Black Sheriff and Drunk Jew lead immigrants in saving white racists from themselves back in the old West.

That is one hell of a logline.

It’s no secret why I love that movie as much as I do.
Gene Wilder's character was a drunk? I've seen the movie only once, but don't remember that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gene Wilder's character was a drunk? I've seen the movie only once, but don't remember that.
It pretty much defines his entire character when Bart meets him. He was fastest hands in the WORLD, but lost his nerve when he almost shot an 8 year old kid. Decided against it… and the little ish shot him right in the ass! Crawled into a bottle and had been there ever since…