2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Gotta be honest…… I wasn’t ready for that Mikal performance tonight. :(

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wouldn't have included Bridges in that trade for Durant. It was a huge overpay with him included. I'm happy for Mikal.

I was just thinking about this. Couldn’t we have given up all of our 2nd round picks.. swap picks until 2030 or whatever to get it done and keep Bridges..

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Holy guacamole get you some Mr #1 Mikal Brooklyn Bridges! 45 piece looks good on you, looks like you made the trade nothing but tackling fuel. Can't wait until Cam Johnson starts getting his because you know it's coming

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is what it is. Durant can score 45 his first game back and no one will think anything of it.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Please don't take this as I am not hating on Bridges but where this when he was in Phoenix. Was it just our coaches and scheme? I know he isn't do this every night but he has never showed any signs of being capable of drop over 40.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this. Couldn’t we have given up all of our 2nd round picks.. swap picks until 2030 or whatever to get it done and keep Bridges..
Nets turned down 4 1st round picks for Bridges. So no, there was nothing else the Suns could have done to close the gap.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Please don't take this as I am not hating on Bridges but where this when he was in Phoenix. Was it just our coaches and scheme? I know he isn't do this every night but he has never showed any signs of being capable of drop over 40.
It’s Bridges being the #1 or #2, which he wasn’t in PHNX.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns gave the Nets what they wanted to get the trade done. Mikal Bridges was a part of that.

From reports, the Suns owner was involved in approving the trade.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

He started coming into his own in January, to me this is just a carry over. Also I wouldn't expect this type of scoring outburst with any regularity. The Heat were pretty much just playing everyone straight up, if he keeps up this type of scoring teams are going to key in on him a lot more defensively.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good for Mikal man. Where you haters at? Hahaha jk jk. Man I wish we could’ve had one of these nights with us lol. He’d still be a Sun
Us “Haters” are waiting for KD, who unlike Bridges, wouldn’t have 7 POINTS the night previous to his best game ever.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They list him as a guard. Pretty cool to see them getting minutes and a chance to go prove themselves. It is the east though.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Nets turned down 4 1st round picks for Bridges. So no, there was nothing else the Suns could have done to close the gap.
Is there something new in NBA trades that allows you not come close to matching salaries. Because the salaries coming and going would have been crazy lopsided without including Mikal's $20M.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never saw Bridges create scoring on offense other than that mid range fade but then again nobody knew James Harden could do what he did until he left OKC and got an opportunity to be the alpha
Nah… you might not have seen Harden as a 35 ppg game guy, but you could see his ability to get to the rack, fish and shoot as the best 6th man in the league before he was traded, much like a Ginobli.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is there something new in NBA trades that allows you not come close to matching salaries. Because the salaries coming and going would have been crazy lopsided without including Mikal's $20M.

Well if Mikal wasn't in the deal it almost certainly would have included DA, however if they just needed to match Salaries they could have combined Shamet and Saric.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did you know he had that 7 point game in him a couple nights ago?
No, but even stars have bad nights once in awhile.

point is if he is 80% as good as KD now at half the salary, and never misses a game, he’s probably the better overall player, especially cause we could have kept him another 10 years.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No, but even stars have bad nights once in awhile.

point is if he is 80% as good as KD now at half the salary, and never misses a game, he’s probably the better overall player, especially cause we could have kept him another 10 years.
The premise is false because he isn't 80% of KD right now.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Did you know he had that 7 point game in him a couple nights ago?
Put the Hatorade down vato, kid had an amazing night at his new job. He can play defense and he can score, Brooklyn is loving him. I've been wrong on players too, get over it.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
If you can be considered for defensive player of the year one year and drop 45 points in the very next year, that's special

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Monty had roles for everyone, led to best record in the league

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Mikal will have a game where he's 2-11 for 5 points. This is who he is. I'm sure he'll be better in BK than PHX, but he's not the primary scorer on a championship team

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard