New Owner - Mat Ishbia

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I will be interested to see if Fitz stayed in.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That definitely explains it... does not make any sense otherwise. You never see owners abstain from approving sales of other franchises.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There has been a lot of chatter on the web, not just from Suns fans but from pundits like Bill Simmons, that the refs had a grudge against Sarver. He's always been the biggest tight ass in every labor negotiation and (for some dumb reason) he held a lot of sway among the owners.

It will be interesting to see if our free throw disparity improves as the year goes on.

I kinda doubt it.

I think NBA refs just suck and are unable to overcome star bias and rewarding teams that constantly pummel the opposition, on both ends of the court. If you constantly mug someone on D, you'll get away with it a lot, if you constantly run over people on offense... it is probably their fault!

But, hopefully I am wrong, the refs are even MORE corrupt than I realize and will reward the Suns for their new ownership and celebrate the demise of an owner who has screwed them in many a labor dispute.

I lean that way when I think of games like the Houston game this year...

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for a press conference to announce Mat Ishbia as the new owner, whether it be today or tomorrow.

Hopefully we will hear something today. Gotta hit the ground running with the trade deadline.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for a press conference to announce Mat Ishbia as the new owner, whether it be today or tomorrow.

Hopefully we will hear something today. Gotta hit the ground running with the trade deadline.
On the morning show they said transaction closes today and introduction tomorrow.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the morning show they said transaction closes today and introduction tomorrow.

I'm so ready.

Hopefully, good things are coming, although I think the Suns only need a couple of positions strengthened at power forward and playmaker/shooter. They need not be star type players as far as I am concerned.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm so ready.

Hopefully, good things are coming, although I think the Suns only need a couple of positions strengthened at power forward and playmaker/shooter. They need not be star type players as far as I am concerned.
I love what I hear about him. He is competative. Wants to win. Sounds like he will be active in getting talent here. If this doesn't translate eventually into a title I will be beside myself as a long time Suns fan.