OT: Wild Card weekend. 1/14/23-1/16/23

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bengals were completely outplayed, and Burrow very unimpressive tonight. Ravens should have won that game. Oh well.
Can make the case the Bengals were outplayed in every game they've had in the playoffs. Tannehill and Mahomes choked last year. No Lamar this year.

Maybe the football gods are finally on the Bengals side.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Allen, Burrow, Herbert, and Lawrence all played below their standard. Dak is average at best, so not expecting much there. Does the GOAT outplay them all?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Baltimore has absolutely one receiving threat (TE Andrews), and yet he was WIDE open all night. What the hell was up with that Cincinnati D??? And the Ravens D held Cincy to like 240 total yards. That’s impressive D. That’s what a strong D can do. It can keep you in a game that you have no right to be in. That’s something that the Cardinals have not had in 4 years under VJ. And yet, we’re to think that Bidwill will hire that Bozo to be our HC???

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without Von Miller, the Bills D is disappointing, and the Bengals D certainly didn’t impress tonight. But, always fun to watch Allen vs Burrow.
Yup. I think that pretty much guarantees we’ll also then get to see Mahommes v. Allen/Burrow, which would be another titanic QB showdown in the AFC Title Game.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yup. I think that pretty much guarantees we’ll also then get to see Mahommes v. Allen/Burrow, which would be another titanic QB showdown in the AFC Title Game.
Crazy part is you could argue if Tua and Lamar were healthy then Mahomes wouldnt have to worry about neither Burrow or Allen.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Baltimore has absolutely one receiving threat (TE Andrews), and yet he was WIDE open all night. What the hell was up with that Cincinnati D??? And the Ravens D held Cincy to like 240 total yards. That’s impressive D. That’s what a strong D can do. It can keep you in a game that you have no right to be in. That’s something that the Cardinals have not had in 4 years under VJ. And yet, we’re to think that Bidwill will hire that Bozo to be our HC???
And they decided to part away with Hollywood, which says a lot about how little the Ravens value him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crazy part is you could argue if Tua and Lamar were healthy then Mahomes wouldnt have to worry about neither Burrow or Allen.
You could argue that, but I got a feeling you’re gonna be able to woulda, coulda, shoulda with Tua/Lamar’s availability for the majority of the rest of their careers.

And even though I bang on the mental aspect of Kyler’s game a lot, I think the physical issues are going to be the main reason I think we’re screwed the same way the Ravens and Dolphins are. Well, no. We’re actually screwed MUCH MORE because neither of those teams committed themselves to their oft-injured QBs to the tune of a quarter Billion dollars.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You could argue that, but I got a feeling you’re gonna be able to woulda, coulda, shoulda with Tua/Lamar’s availability for the majority of the rest of their careers.

And even though I bang on the mental aspect of Kyler’s game a lot, I think the physical issues are going to be the main reason I think we’re screwed the same way the Ravens and Dolphins are. Well, no. We’re actually screwed MUCH MORE because neither of those teams committed themselves to their oft-injured QBs to the tune of a quarter Billion dollars.
Dude Im just talking about the playoffs. Not everything has to revolve around Kyler.

Both teams caught real breaks.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude Im just talking about the playoffs. Not everything has to revolve around Kyler.

Both teams caught real breaks.
Dude… I’m a lifelong cardinals fan. Almost every football thought I have almost always circles back the team that I love/loathe. And since you were playing the woulda, coulda, shoulda game with perpetually injured QBs, I naturally started thinking about our own and extrapolated my thoughts on that from there.

A shocking turn of events on a Cardinals message board!

My post was about me and my thoughts on injured QBs, including our own. Not about you or your own. I could care less what Kyler Stan’s think on the subject at this point.

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Last week when asked who did I think would win the SB, I said I had no idea. But if I had to pick a team (gun to my head) I'd go 49ers. And while I don't think that they are the best team, I thought that they had a good chance because:
They are in the NFC and have to play the likes of Cousins, an aging Brady, Jones and Prescott. The AFC has Mahomes, Burrow and Allen, so there you have to flip a coin. At the very least they should make it to the Final Two. And the winner of the AFC Championship will probably have a much tougher road to travel and possibly suffer a letdown in the SB.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I'm glad the Bengals won, I always kind of liked them and they are my son's team so glad for him. Huntley made a stupid decision to just stick the ball up there like he did. The block in the back on the return, you see those types of blocks all the time on those types of plays and they don't call them. I thought Hubbard was going to run out of gas before he got to the end zone.

Edit: I just watched the replay of that return and that was not a block in the back. Legit block. It's even more clear when you see the camera angle from the end zone Hubbard was running toward.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards just spent a lot of money on the wrong side of the ball then.
There’s no getting around paying your QB. The sad reality is that the Cardinals blew their opportunity to build a balanced roster while Kyler was on the cheap. On top of poor drafting, we had a bozo coaching staff that failed to develop the few good players that we did draft.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And they decided to part away with Hollywood, which says a lot about how little the Ravens value him.

True but I think it's also their realization that as long as Lamar is their QB it doesn't make a ton of sense to spend money on WR's because they're going to be a run based offense that uses the TE's in the passing game. Their leading WR had only 48 catches this year.

Also people keep ignoring that they took Rashod Bateman in the first round 2 years ago, they drafted Hollywood's replacement so that's another reason they traded him. Bateman got hurt this year and so far it's not clear if he's a viable replacement or not but it made sense for them to not give him a big contract just replace him with a guy on a rookie contract.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Cards just spent a lot of money on the wrong side of the ball then.

I'm a big "your front-seven wins games" supporter @swagron, and I hate that we wasted K1's rookie contract, when we could have used the cash to buff the defense.

But also, I think in the last ten years the meta in the NFL has shifted so that to win a championship you absolutely have to have a play-maker at QB. It's up for (endless) debate whether K1 is the guy or not, but eventually the cards were going to have to give a QB the bag.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Next time we look at our WR room and say "It needs more" (as seems to be the case constantly with some fans) consider the Giants are in the playoffs and won their WC with Slayton, Hodgins and Richie James at WR and rookie Bellinger as TE1.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next time we look at our WR room and say "It needs more" (as seems to be the case constantly with some fans) consider the Giants are in the playoffs and won their WC with Slayton, Hodgins and Richie James at WR and rookie Bellinger as TE1.
Correct. They also are playing a very well constructed system with a game changing running back.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And Slayton dropped a pass late in the game that should have cost them the game. But, the Giants defense slammed the door shut anyways. That's something our D isn't capable of, especially with VJ running it. The Giants also have a legit HC on the sideline and a stud RB running behind a nasty OL. Drafting RB's early may not be in vogue, but it still remains that teams that can run the ball that possess a D that can stop the run, are still the best teams come playoff time.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Does everyone remember one year ago today? Probably not exactly to the day, but the Cards Rams was the Monday Night playoff game. What a nightmare! I don’t know why, but I was holding out hope the struggling cards would right the ship in the playoffs like 2008 Super Bowl team. Boy was I mistaken.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn