ASU Football Recruiting 2022-23

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Big receiver Omeire from Texas as well! Anthony Lucas would put bow on this class! Getting Duce? Not even sure how big that would be!

Crazy how we keep adding these receivers, this one was pretty highly rated coming out of h.s., but not much production at Texas last year. I hope all these guys get a fair shot, probably not enough playing time to go around for everyone.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crazy how we keep adding these receivers, this one was pretty highly rated coming out of h.s., but not much production at Texas last year. I hope all these guys get a fair shot, probably not enough playing time to go around for everyone.

Knee injuries sidelined this kid.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is huge. Last Spring coaches were raving about the progress Stansbury was making, then he got injured, I don't think he played all year, but flashed a bit in 2021 as a true freshman. The dude is a 6 6 d-lineman with big upside. I was disappointed to learn he entered the portal, but guess what? He is now out of the portal and back at ASU.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Skattebo's cousin is married to Lucy's niece he's been talking about him all year at family events because Sac State was having a great year. He's interesting he's EXTREMELY strong, runs with power but he's not very shifty I'm not sure how it will translate to the higher level.
But extremely tough player one of those do anything to win guys. In their loss at the end of the season he threw a TD pass on a trick play, had a massive block that setup a run for a TD and also recovered an onside kick by just ripping the ball away from someone trying to pull it in.

Apparently he ended up at Sac State because out of HS people wanted him to play safety and he wanted to play RB.
I heard Skattebo on SOTD podcast and I really like what he was saying. I know when interviewed they control the narrative but you can usually see through the BS. I am excited to see what he brings

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah he's absolutely tough as nails. I watched their last game you have to understand at that level the DL and LB's are MUCH smaller so a physical runner like that it's hard to project how it will work at the next level, but he's really fun to watch.

He runs very much like ex Stanford star Toby Gerhart but Gerhart was 6 foot 235 and Skattebo is 5'10" 215. Our nephew Brandon has been talking about him all year, his junior year of HS he had over 3500 yards rushing and 42 TD!

Brandon had told us he was getting some looks from NFL scouts so I'm not surprised he transferred up. Hope he makes it big.

Do you think think Skattebo will be hitting the weight room and adding some pounds? I love the way he runs over people, but he is going to have to contend with some bigger defenders at this level.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you think think Skattebo will be hitting the weight room and adding some pounds? I love the way he runs over people, but he is going to have to contend with some bigger defenders at this level.

No idea i get the sense he's probably pretty maxed out physically again he's like 5'10"

IIRC Brandon said he had a wrestling background too, Brandon(our nephew) wrestled in HS himself but he's MUCH smaller than Skattebo.

I'm actually really hopeful for him at ASU would be cool to be somewhat connected to a kid that does well at that level. I'm just pointing out how you can't tell yet because he played at a lower level. The DT's and DE's are 15-20 pounds smaller than you see in D1 and it's the same at LB so a very powerful runner like him he was able to run through arm tackles.

I hope he's a huge success, kid is tough as nails he strikes me as the kind of kid where if he winds up not good enough at RB he'll move to S or play ST or something like that just to help the team.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Despite a great job on the transfer portal, looks like Coach Prime is still out recruiting us.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Despite a great job on the transfer portal, looks like Coach Prime is still out recruiting us.

We will see in August.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I don't follow this stuff very closely except for this thread. What's the catalyst behind this for ASU? Is it just Dillingham being a stud recruiter, has ASU stepped up NIL game big time, something else?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA