Kliff Fired

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Kliff will get another job but damn was his tenure insane. His 28-37-1 record just cant tell the full tale IMO.

2019 - 5-10-1 record. Finished 2-7 in his last 9 games in year 1.
2020 - 8-8 record. Finished 2-5 over his last 7 games.
2021 - 11-6 record. finished 1-5 over his last 6 games and was obliterated on a national stage in his only playoff appearance.
2022 - 4-13 record. 1-9 over his last 10 games and 0-7 in the last 7 games.

This firing is totally deserved. Ad Bidwill better not cheap out on the next coach because he made the idiotic decision to extend him for no reason.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree that Kliff is going to find a niche as an OC and do well at it for a long time. Many failed head coaches had long careers as coordinators.

Honestly, Kliff did better than I expected. I thought we would never have a winning season with him as HC.
Bet he winds up with the Rams as OC

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t understand how he could be surprised. I do feel badly for him. He seems like a genuinely good guy who was given an opportunity that was just above his ability.
How the hell can he be surprised is right. Two assistances fired for offseason behavior. Two major collapses in the 2nd half then the wheels fell off. He hasn't won anywhere he has gone. That's like a getting ten parking tickets and being surprised your license was suspended.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I agree that Kliff is going to find a niche as an OC and do well at it for a long time. Many failed head coaches had long careers as coordinators.

Honestly, Kliff did better than I expected. I thought we would never have a winning season with him as HC.
Mike McCoy is in the playoffs this year with the Jaguars. Anything is possible.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but new coaches don't always come in and fire the LB/oline coaches for example. Lower level coaches are retained all the time.
Yes, Kliff kept Kugler. I know it does happen. One of their guys might be on staff already.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
How the hell can he be surprised is right. Two assistances fired for offseason behavior. Two major collapses in the 2nd half then the wheels fell off. He hasn't won anywhere he has gone. That's like a getting ten parking tickets and being surprised your license was suspended.
On December 5th, 2021 the Cards had just defeated the Bears in Chicago to move to 10 & 2 and in the top spot for the #1 overall seed in the NFC! The team has gone 5 & 19 since that day!
And the dude is surprised?????? All the more validation that Kliffy is just so WRONG in so many ways!!

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Keim kept Kugler. Kliff wanted him gone...maybe not at the beginning, but he did before Mexico.
Im thinking there might be a connection with what happened in Mexico? When Kugs was let go Keim's departure soon followed.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We gave Dave McGinnis the job as an internal hire, his defense was ranked 30th AND he went 1-8 as interim HC. So there is precedent.
True, but that was in a different time. There wasn't the money in the team like there is now.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im thinking there might be a connection with what happened in Mexico? When Kugs was let go Keim's departure soon followed.
There is a connection. Kugler was let go, but it seems that Keim was the actual one that committed the assault. Kugler got caught up in a case of mistaken identity from reports.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
True, but that was in a different time. There wasn't the money in the team like there is now.
And yet... with all that "money in the team," we hired a college coach flunky, then extended him on the cheap, at the same time extending a GM who was clearly in full collapse, personally and professionally...
In short, you can have all the money in the world, but that doesn't mean you're capable of leadership and critical decision-making... Mike B has proven to be a failure in these areas and frankly, isn't worthy of an ounce of trust from anyone.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yet... with all that "money in the team," we hired a college coach flunky, then extended him on the cheap, at the same time extending a GM who was clearly in full collapse, personally and professionally...
In short, you can have all the money in the world, but that doesn't mean you're capable of leadership and critical decision-making... Mike B has proven to be a failure in these areas and frankly, isn't worthy of an ounce of trust from anyone.
I think this has to do with Keim/Bidwill trying to be the smartest kid in the room. They swung for the fences on the guy, trying to find another McVay. It is like signing a slugger that will give you 35 home runs but will also strike out 200 times a year.

Also, the reports are that Kliff got 5.5M per year when he extended. That is middle of the pack, not extending him on the cheap.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
2 big hires upcoming. Owner needs to hit a homerun on both. Wonder if they try and trade Kyler. Clean sweep. If not for to find a coach that wants to work with him.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As happy as I am, I'm sad for KK. By all accounts he seemed like a really good dude. Yes, I wanted to hurl objects directly through his televised face, but a man lost his job today, and I don't like seeing people associated with the most amazing team in the NFL, our team, fail. I hope he goes back to college and finds the success that has eluded him so far. Bon Voyage my brother.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard