Suns @ Knicks Monday game thread 1-2-2023

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our D is what's killing us right now. The drop-off has been staggering.

Yeah, the communication, the rotations, the pressure we used to put on ball handlers... all of it is non-existent.

This isn't about the players "not fighting back when in a hole"...they build these massive holes because they are coming out, every game, with the intensity of a warm up drill.

A couple years ago we used to see clips of these guys in practice, how intense it was, hearing about how locked in they were when playing scrimmages... now we see practice clips and blurbs and it's basically about who won that day's game of horse.

I know they're so banged up right now that they can't even truly scrimmage, but these dudes need to get back to the fundamentals. Rotate... box out... move the ball... stop sucking ass.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The random rotations have got to be contributing to all this madness. And sometimes our other guys don't play at all, sometimes Biz or Landale have sat and didn't get minutes.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The random rotations have got to be contributing to all this madness. And sometimes our other guys don't play at all, sometimes Biz or Landale have sat and didn't get minutes.
I don't know about Jock but Biyombo has been dealing with knee soreness. He's not designated unavailable but he's had chronic knee problems and been scoped for it in the past. So it's probably not prudent to make him play through the soreness no matter how shorthanded we are.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know about Jock but Biyombo has been dealing with knee soreness. He's not designated unavailable but he's had chronic knee problems and been scoped for it in the past. So it's probably not prudent to make him play through the soreness no matter how shorthanded we are.

Biz has had the knee soreness the last two games, but i'm sure he's had some dnp's and games where he's play like 5 min or so prior to the knee.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Biz has had the knee soreness the last two games, but i'm sure he's had some dnp's and games where he's play like 5 min or so prior to the knee.
Maybe but I know I've heard about his knee soreness several times this season so I believe it's an ongoing problem resulting in DNP's and limited minutes on occasion. As far as I know, Frank Kaminsky is the only player Monty actually forgot about (or at least that he acknowledged he'd forgotten about) but Coach has also shown to favor certain players even when the results don't seem to support his position so who knows...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose