Twisters (aka Twister 2)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in if they can bring back the original stars, I really miss Paxton and PS Hoffman.
Just read this great article about the crew of the movie Titanic getting their chowder spiked with PCP. True story you gotta read with a couple amazing Paxton tidbits that’ll make you miss him just a little bit more:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Twister was the first film to be released on dvd. We've come a long way since then lol.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Twister was the first film to be released on dvd. We've come a long way since then lol.
Interesting! I thought it was Starship Troopers for some reason. Here is another fun fact!

The first movie to be commercially released on DVD format in the United States was “Twister.” However, titles like “Blade Runner” and “The Fugitive” were released with the first DVD players in Japan before DVDs hit the domestic U.S. market.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rerelease of Twister with Dolby ATMOS is phenomenal.
My projector at the moment isn't capable of Atmos. I bought a cheap one to get by. :(

I need one badly.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My projector at the moment isn't capable of Atmos. I bought a cheap one to get by. :(

I need one badly.
You mean AVR? Your Projector has nothing to do with ATMOS. I think you are thinking of Dolby Vision. The remix of the soundtrack in ATMOS is amazing.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

I need one badly.
yeah, what @Covert Rain said. Your projector shouldn't matter. Your AVR and the player you use matter for Atmos. By player I mean either you UHD player or the streaming box you use. Like an AppleTV only supports lossy Atmos (E-AC-3) and not lossless Atmos (TrueHD Atmos) but Zidoo and Shield support both.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
The rerelease of Twister with Dolby ATMOS is phenomenal.
I'm going to have to grab this if the Atmos is that good. Tornados make for great use of the heights. Have you watching Finch? The AppleTV movie with Tom Hanks? It has a tornado scene in it that's amazing for sound.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to grab this if the Atmos is that good. Tornados make for great use of the heights. Have you watching Finch? The AppleTV movie with Tom Hanks? It has a tornado scene in it that's amazing for sound.
I forgot about that movie. I will have to check it out again.

You might want to wait though on the Twister Blu Ray. There is a rumor they are going to re-release it again in 4K (remastered) around the time of the home release of the new Twisters movie.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean AVR? Your Projector has nothing to do with ATMOS. I think you are thinking of Dolby Vision. The remix of the soundtrack in ATMOS is amazing.

yeah, what @Covert Rain said. Your projector shouldn't matter. Your AVR and the player you use matter for Atmos. By player I mean either you UHD player or the streaming box you use. Like an AppleTV only supports lossy Atmos (E-AC-3) and not lossless Atmos (TrueHD Atmos) but Zidoo and Shield support both.
I actually meant ARC or eARC. My AVR supports it, but my projector only supports HDMI 2.0, so I don't have ARC or eARC.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually meant ARC or eARC. My AVR supports it, but my projector only supports HDMI 2.0, so I don't have ARC or eARC.

Can't you plug your source directly into the AVR and then just run video to the projector?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't you plug your source directly into the AVR and then just run video to the projector?
That is how it is now. I need the extra bandwidth of the 2.1HDMI spec to carry Atmos. This projector was only supposed to be less than a year thing. But as most things go, I'm pushing 2 years on it already.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I detest arc to be honest. I have always found it to be buggy based on your other equipment. I always use my AVR for video sources then your projector doesn’t matter. You will get ATMOS regardless of your video display.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
That is how it is now. I need the extra bandwidth of the 2.1HDMI spec to carry Atmos. This projector was only supposed to be less than a year thing. But as most things go, I'm pushing 2 years on it already.
You shouldn't need arc for this. ATV, Blu-ray, cable box plug into the AVR, then AVR to TV. The AVR is getting the audio directly from the player and the TV is only getting the video signal. There's no need for the return channel. It's only needed if you plugged the devices into the TV or was using the build in "smart TV" on the PJ. Start a thread in Tech if you'd like us to help you get it setup.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose