Steve Keim taking an indefinite, health-related leave of absence

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
After watching this podcast: https://t.co/bbKikm68v2

They convinced me Keim is done. Now if we freaking elevate AW I’m gonna be pissed. It would be so Bidwill to remove the interim tag and make it permanent but it’s so abundantly clear we need fresh blood in this organization.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Did Mike order the code red?
Maybe Mike can be involved in a cover up and we could be rid of sarver and bidwills in same year! It would be the sports gods making up for finally giving the suns and cards #1 picks that ended up being Ayton and kyler.
Not to go full @PACardsFan However, all this recent stuff makes me wonder if he did go to the 49ers we'd be saying yea we wish we had a QB like that. I think the Suns are buttoned up enough that Ayton probably would be what he is anywhere.

I still lend towards believing Kyler is the early Booker who needs the right leader/leaders than an Ayton. Although I could be bias and with the knee injury its up in the air.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't that Kugler incident on video? So the team viewed it, knew it was Kiem, but decided to say it was Kugler to cover up for Kiem, got it.

There was allegedly video but who knows what it showed. I have to admit my first thought when I saw that comment by the lawyer was Keim but gotta assume if they knew they'd made that mistake they would have made a statement to clear Kugler.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Don't like it? Follow the laws or get them changed, but don't complain about a friend knowingly breaking existing laws like it wasn't his fault.

"Gosh darn it, that shouldn't be a law." is a bad defense.

Sidenote: If this happened more than 3 years ago the age to buy cigarettes would have only been 18 at that time.
I wholeheartedly respect you, I hope you know. We can't just "change" laws. If I could, there would be a lot of unfairly incarcerated people out of the legal system for minor marijuana charges that are now legal. Poor timing makes nothing fair... because you saying "gosh darn it, that shouldn't be a law," would be something that would release thousands of people from the system right now, because as voters... we said just that.

I know you don't drink, never have, and never will... but legal absolutism isn't a great approach, IMO.

And yes, it happened a long time ago. People who can go to war and kill other people with a gun in their hands for our country should also be able to smoke a cigarette, or have a beer. It's abhorrent that we let anything different happen. Driving a metal murder machine at 16? Cool. Bringing a kid into the world at nearly any age? Cool. All in the world of legal absolutism.

It's not fair.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I wholeheartedly respect you, I hope you know. We can't just "change" laws. If I could, there would be a lot of unfairly incarcerated people out of the legal system for minor marijuana charges that are now legal. Poor timing makes nothing fair... because you saying "gosh darn it, that shouldn't be a law," would be something that would release thousands of people from the system right now, because as voters... we said just that.

I know you don't drink, never have, and never will... but legal absolutism isn't a great approach, IMO.

And yes, it happened a long time ago. People who can go to war and kill other people with a gun in their hands for our country should also be able to smoke a cigarette, or have a beer. It's abhorrent that we let anything different happen. Driving a metal murder machine at 16? Cool. Bringing a kid into the world at nearly any age? Cool. All in the world of legal absolutism.

It's not fair.
at one time military folks could drink at any age. when I joined they had just changed the laws. real bummer for me I thought, lol... but I went to Ft Lauderdale for spring break in 87,...doorman looked at my ID, looked at me,...and said thank you for your service, have a good time...as he opened the door wide. was the same everywhere.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
at one time military folks could drink at any age. when I joined they had just changed the laws. real bummer for me I thought, lol... but I went to Ft Lauderdale for spring break in 87,...doorman looked at my ID, looked at me,...and said thank you for your service, have a good time...as he opened the door wide. was the same everywhere.
Same basic stories for much of my family. I know BIM doesn't, and has never drank, but for those of us that do or have, there's a lot of fluidity.

And BIM, I want you to know, I respect you and enjoy your contributions. It's just that for someone who has never had a drop to drink, you really might be overestimating the effect of alcohol, and overstating how important the letter of the law is, whether it involves alcohol or any substance.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mike is a lawyer.
He had to know the optics of Steve Keim taking a LoA immediately after Keuglers attorney makes a statement involving mistaken identity.

There is either credence or its the biggest recorded case of piss poor luck and **** timing ever recorded.

Why? How are they remotely related unless you have an overactive imagination?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He argues with you even when you are agreeing with him and god forbid you point out he is incorrect on something he loses his ****

I was going to unfollow him but I might just wind him up until he DMs and blocks me

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bidwill sells the team hopefully.

Bidwill will never sell. The Cardinals are their heirloom.

Its the only thing that makes them remotely relevant. Without the Cards they are nobody.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Bidwill will never sell. The Cardinals are their heirloom.

Its the only thing that makes them remotely relevant. Without the Cards they are nobody.

the relevance is only true for Mike

the three other kids? not so much

selling the team would net each something like $500 mm after tax.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Keim does look like he's lost a good amount of weight. Could easily be a health-related issue.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Keim does look like he's lost a good amount of weight. Could easily be a health-related issue.
Mostly because of adderall usage so he could function with the drinking. It’s not pretty to be honest. I don’t think highly of the guy but for his family glad he is getting help.

Writing is on the wall here guys, we are looking for a new GM.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's not fair.
It will take some work to retroactively free people who knowingly broke the law at the time of their incarceration. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's not fair.
And that will be on any background check by an employer for the rest of his life. Yes, one can be all hard ass "It's the LAW! He should have not made that decision." And technically be correct. But not all mistakes are as severe as others. Not all DUIs are equal. No one survives being a teenager without doing at least one really stupid thing. It doesn't have to haunt them for the rest of your life. I think everyone here can think of themselves at 18 and 25 and realize they were not the same at those ages.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I find the Kugler arbitration filing curious. A month goes by and we haven't heard any denials from Kugler regarding these disgraceful accusations. I just can't believe that an innocent person would remain quiet for a month before proclaiming their innocence. If accused of something like this I think most people would be claiming their innocence to anyone that would listen. This just doesn't pass the smell test to me.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find the Kugler arbitration filing curious. A month goes by and we haven't heard any denials from Kugler regarding these disgraceful accusations. I just can't believe that an innocent person would remain quiet for a month before proclaiming their innocence. If accused of something like this I think most people would be claiming their innocence to anyone that would listen. This just doesn't pass the smell test to me.
A lot of innocent people are quiet because their legal counsel has told them to remain silent until the proper proceedings. Don't want the person saying anything off the cuff which could then be used against them at a later time. Plus, it's basically just one guy versus a multi-billion-dollar team with its own slew of lawyers.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I was thinking the same, and then maybe Kugler still having some ears in the front office found out that Keim was taking leave and though it would be advantageous to act

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I don't think a simple, "I didn't do it", would create any legal liabilities.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I have lost all trust in Michael Bidwill. Michael is same old Bill. No future for this franchise if Michael stays on as the owner and he likely is going to dig his heels to prove himself.
None of us really know Kugler or Michael, but from acts alone made public I would say Michael is a good guy and wants to win but simply has no clue how to win

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson