I don't know about this guy.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He would finally be able to do something about the stale popcorn / chips, flat soda beer, hard hot dog buns / pretzels & cold nacho cheese.

Holy heck that roster. Booker has had the same bums to play with that Fitz had

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Charles got one thing right. It's often the general manager that is the problem.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

Reaction score
Not a deal killer, there is no conflict of interest between Disney and NBA / WNBA. Sarver owned a bank for the longest time while also owning Suns, I am not aware of any rule prohibiting NBA owners from bring part of other businesses at the same time.
I think it is unlikely. If he was going to be the money guy then I could see him doing both, but his main value was going to be as the face of a group that had money behind it. I don’t think he is the type of guy to spread himself thin like that. Hopefully I am wrong though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it is unlikely. If he was going to be the money guy then I could see him doing both, but his main value was going to be as the face of a group that had money behind it. I don’t think he is the type of guy to spread himself thin like that. Hopefully I am wrong though.
Thinking the same.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe he would be comfortable being a true behind the scenes owner who would let those he puts in key management positions run the day to day. You know what every AZ sports fan dreams of but have been unlucky the past 15+ years.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, listening to Bill Simmons and he and his Hollywood insider brought up some interesting info about one reason Iger went back to Disney.

Apparently Sarver made clear that while he’s selling the team he’d never sell to Iger because he blames Iger as part of the reason he’s gone because ESPN basically lit the fuse that explodes his ownership with the Suns.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, listening to Bill Simmons and he and his Hollywood insider brought up some interesting info about one reason Iger went back to Disney.

Apparently Sarver made clear that while he’s selling the team he’d never sell to Iger because he blames Iger as part of the reason he’s gone because ESPN basically lit the fuse that explodes his ownership with the Suns.

Ugh Sarver again, this guy just won't get out of our lives fast enough.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

Reaction score

I am certain that if there are multiple top bids, all around the same price, Sarver will 100% choose who he thinks will be he worst owner with the most baggage.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am certain that if there are multiple top bids, all around the same price, Sarver will 100% choose who he thinks will be he worst owner with the most baggage.
Luckily the league also has to approve new ownership and wouldn't want someone to give them another black eye.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
FWIW, we wouldn't utilize our timeouts if he was the owner.
Booker would have to stop to pee in a bottle on the sideline when the other team was running downcourt during a fast break.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I said that it was a conflict of interest at the time, at least it looks like it on the surface. Obviously Sarver things so too. Not that I care that much. When your company spills the beans that causes an owner to have to sell, and then you swoop in to purchase--well, looks like a conflict.

Of course, it would have been a nothingburger if Sarver hadn't done anything wrong.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ah. No. Not multitudes of people with $4 billion free cash to purchase. There is a very small circle of potential buyers and those people have taken huge hits to their net worth in the last 10 months--many, many have lost half or more.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

Reaction score
I didn’t say “multitudes”, I said ”multiple”, as in more than one. And yes, I am no expert, but I can pretty confidently say that there will be more than one potentially winning bid.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes it's a business. But owning a Pro Team isn't the same thing. JUST having enough money to do it is not enough. You have to be involved, love of the game and all that rot.
I was hyped for Iger because Disney isn't a typical business either. There's a lot more that goes into it.
Just like the Crowder thing, wake me when its over.

Don't know if its true, but I read somewhere (couldnt find it) that there were well over 10 bids (in the teens) on the table already.
Anyone confirm or deny?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Don't know if its true, but I read somewhere (couldnt find it) that there were well over 10 bids (in the teens) on the table already.
Anyone confirm or deny?
I can confirm that I have no knowledge of the state of the bidding. ;)

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oof. Scratch this dude way off the list if this is true.

You cannot draw any conclusions from that article. Housekeeper making six figures . . . not buying this story. Not a Bezos fan myself, but this story is highly suspicious to me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose