2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lots of posters dismissed him because he was on a bad team. It’s weird to me that suns fans do this a lot when it used to happen with Booker early in his career.

I still don't buy it.

Grant forced his way off a GOOD team (Denver), so he could be "the man" on a trash team (Detroit), the trash team got worse. Booker would never have forced his way off a winning team to make similar money on a cesspool.

Maybe he's been humbled and has changed his ways, but I think he earned his reputation as a selfish, empty stat player.

Even so, I think he's just on a hot streak. He's shooting nearly 50% from 3 after shooting 35% for his career.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still don't buy it.

Grant forced his way off a GOOD team (Denver), so he could be "the man" on a trash team (Detroit), the trash team got worse. Booker would never have forced his way off a winning team to make similar money on a cesspool.

Maybe he's been humbled and has changed his ways, but I think he earned his reputation as a selfish, empty stat player.

Even so, I think he's just on a hot streak. He's shooting nearly 50% from 3 after shooting 35% for his career.

You can't blame a 2nd round draft pick going for more money and to get a chance to have your own team somewhat.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lots of posters dismissed him because he was on a bad team. It’s weird to me that suns fans do this a lot when it used to happen with Booker early in his career.

I don’t think anyone dismissed him because he’s on a bad team it’s that he’s stated over and over he wants to be the man and be paid like the man.

He’s having the best stretch of his career in a contract year. No thanks seen that movie before

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nets really need to start looking at trades. Some of their players could lose value.

The Kings beat the Nets 153-121 last night.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jerami Grant would have looked good in a Suns uniform. He is the type of player they need at power forward.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns have financial issues regarding Jae Crowder and Cam Johnson as well.

It's hard to criticize the Suns when it appears they may have handled all three situations correctly by not overpaying them.

Personally I would have paid Deandre Ayton and Cam Johnson before they hit restricted free agency but that's me.
Seems to me the Suns got Ayton at the lowest price possible, and now with Cam's injury they probably end up saving money on him as well.

I think playing hard ball makes a lot of sense if you know you are selling the team off.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems to me the Suns got Ayton at the lowest price possible, and now with Cam's injury they probably end up saving money on him as well.

I think playing hard ball makes a lot of sense if you know you are selling the team off.

As long as the new ownership doesn't handle matters in the same fashion. We got introduced to Robert Sarver when he didn't extend Joe Johnson. That was a terrible mistake when he showed signs of blossoming into a star.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not really.

He bought it for 400 million I think and now he’s gonna sell it for 4 billion. Doesn’t matter what the players are making

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I still don't buy it.

If Booker was third banana who was soon to become fourth banana and had never had a big contract you bet your backside he’d have left a winning team to be the man. He’d have had the self confidence that he could be the reason they would start winning. Doubling down on this argument is weird to me.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I guess. Although if preparing to sell the team really was a factor, I'd expect them to explore a midseason CP3 trade too.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
guy was a huge for denver in the bubble and still remains a threat on the court. He was the piece i wanted to fill our forward need.
He may not have been a traditional 4 that many of us want, but he’d be another guy who could legit get his own shot. We don’t have many of those.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Booker was third banana who was soon to become fourth banana and had never had a big contract you bet your backside he’d have left a winning team to be the man. He’d have had the self confidence that he could be the reason they would start winning. Doubling down on this argument is weird to me.

The problem is he’s still a third banana who sees himself as the man.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It doesn’t really seem to be a “problem,” now does it?

No we’re gonna see when he’s a free agent at the end of the year.

no one questions if he can play but it’s very real to question if he effects winning.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No we’re gonna see when he’s a free agent at the end of the year.

no one questions if he can play but it’s very real to question if he effects winning.
So far he’s effecting it to the tune of best record in the western conference with dame missing 36% of games and Anfernee missing a couple of games. Again, no “problem.” He is literally showing he is not empty stats and contributes to winning. And he did so in a lesser role at Denver. All he’s shown is he cannot unilaterally lift a team that was so bad it got the #1 pick outta the dumps. But then again, neither could Booker for years.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So far he’s effecting it to the tune of best record in the western conference with dame missing 36% of games and Anfernee missing a couple of games. Again, no “problem.” He is literally showing he is not empty stats and contributes to winning. And he did so in a lesser role at Denver. All he’s shown is he cannot unilaterally lift a team that was so bad it got the #1 pick outta the dumps. But then again, neither could Booker for years.

Like I’ve said the problem with him is he sees himself as the man and wants to be paid like the man.

So since you’re such a fan of his how do you see him. Hes a free agent if you own the Suns what kind of contract are you giving him to come here.

Can he be a #1? #2? Don’t give me a ten game sample size and say he can.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
All the players we want now are playing to good to be traded for.

If I were to go back in the forums which I wont, almost all of those players were on the Forums radar, why not Monte or JJs radar?
What in the ever loving crap are they looking for?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
He sounds so unhappy that he’s probably willing to go anywhere else at this point which hurts the Suns leverage. Even with his loser behavior lately they still need go hard after him.
I have watched him for years and followed him online. He's majorly passive aggressive. When he promised to stay with the Nets, I just knew it was a few weeks and then done. Nash is gone. They got rid of Harden. Kyrie may be next. This team wants a ton of picks, but no one is going to be stupid like Minnesota. They Nets just can't see that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Like I’ve said the problem with him is he sees himself as the man and wants to be paid like the man.

So since you’re such a fan of his how do you see him. Hes a free agent if you own the Suns what kind of contract are you giving him to come here.

Can he be a #1? #2? Don’t give me a ten game sample size and say he can.
I think he could be a #2 on a playoff team. I have no concept as to what is the appropriate contract considering which contracts have seemed ridiculous, which seem underpayments and I have zero clue where the cap will go in the future.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard