Seahawks at Cardinals gameday thread 11-6-22

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Brit, even when people agree with you, you tie yourself up in knots trying to explain how bad Kyler is. We know. The fact is no quarterback can be successful with a pressure rate of 40%+ (Joe burrow last year and maybe the Steelers in their SB win against us are exceptions).

I don't care if he played equally bad in games he wasn't pressured as much. What does that even have to do with anything? So you can say he's worse than we think? I'm starting to seriously wonder what your issue is specifically. Our line sucks ass. In fact our team, our coach, and our GM are garbage. Just admit that. It doesn't mean you're wrong, don't worry, it'll be okay.
I applaud you!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brit, even when people agree with you, you tie yourself up in knots trying to explain how bad Kyler is. We know. The fact is no quarterback can be successful with a pressure rate of 40%+ (Joe burrow last year and maybe the Steelers in their SB win against us are exceptions).

I don't care if he played equally bad in games he wasn't pressured as much. What does that even have to do with anything? So you can say he's worse than we think? I'm starting to seriously wonder what your issue is specifically. Our line sucks ass. In fact our team, our coach, and our GM are garbage. Just admit that. It doesn't mean you're wrong, don't worry, it'll be okay.

I just pointed out that in 4 of 6 games we lost our line played at a high level.

Therefor "It's the O line" is an invalid excuse.

If you lose when the O line is good, and lose when the O line is bad, maybe it's not the O line.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just pointed out that in 4 of 6 games we lost our line played at a high level.

If you lose when the O line is good, and lose when the O line is bad, maybe it's not the O line.
I've now scrolled through about 20 of your posts this morning in response to just about every poster on this forum, explaining why their reasons for our team sucking are wrong. Only you are right, and only your reason is correct. If you truly believe our line has played at a "high level" you're going to lose credibility with a lot of folks, regardless of how you try to use statistics to bolster your argument. This is not high level line play, to suggest otherwise is laughable.

Multiple things can be true at once. I never said the line was the reason Kyler is playing terrible and I didn't even address you (or anyone for that matter). I said our line is garbage and no one could be successful behind it. Period.

If you have to bring Kyler into every discussion about this organization, I would suggest the issue is you and not him.

(Edit: I would also suggest that if no one can have an opinion differing from yours, without you coming into their TL/mentions/comments then that is a you problem)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing that often separates good teams from bad is when you have a chance to make a play do you make it.

We dropped 2 INT's and then gave up a TD on the next play, One was at least somewhat difficult as it was tipped up in the air. That's 14 points they got that could have been avoided.

We had a fumbled punt that would have put us in easy scoring range but the gunner who had the chance to get the ball ran past the guy.

We had a run into FG range and possible TD range but Kyler fumbled at the end of the play because he didn't secure the ball and got knocked out.

We had a huge drop by Anderson that IIRC was directly before said fumble by Murray where if Anderson just makes the catch Kyler wouldn't have needed to make the mad scramble.

Just those plays changed the game by a minimum of 20 points we would have won if we had made those plays. This team does that every week. Add in the penalties and all the bad mistakes and you get a 3-6 team.

Honestly if you just look at the boxscore it doesn't make sense the game was even close they put up tons of offense and shut down our offense most of the game. It was only close because of the one play we did make, Zaven's picksix.

And I still can't believe how many times that boot to the TE worked that was pathetic. THere has to be a better way to defend that than expecting Simmons or Collins to run across the field through traffic to cover the TE. seems like on many of them 52 Dimekuje was the guy on the end there who had to decide and he always took the QB and left the TE so I'm assuming that's what he's coached to do.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've now scrolled through about 20 of your posts this morning in response to just about every poster on this forum, explaining why their reasons for our team sucking are wrong. Only you are right, and only your reason is correct. If you truly believe our line has played at a "high level" you're going to lose credibility with a lot of folks, regardless of how you try to use statistics to bolster your argument. This is not high level line play, to suggest otherwise is laughable.

Multiple things can be true at once. I never said the line was the reason Kyler is playing terrible and I didn't even address you (or anyone for that matter). I said our line is garbage and no one could be successful behind it. Period.

If you have to bring Kyler into every discussion about this organization, I would suggest the issue is you and not him.

(Edit: I would also suggest that if no one can have an opinion differing from yours, without you coming into their TL/mentions/comments then that is a you problem)

The whole point of a discussion forum is to discuss. If someone is going to say "It's the O line" or "It's the play calling" then I'm going to correct them because they are objectively wrong and I have done the work to show that with film breakdown. If you want to say it's O line against statistical evidence and film of Kyler missing wide open guys for big plays then you could do that by taking the time to present the evidence. As I did.

Was the O line bad yesterday? Absolutely. Has it been bad all season? No it hasn't. I've pointed out 4 loses where Kyler had very low pressure and you still want to hang a 3-6 season on the O line.

It's fair to say a 3rd string interior O line contributed to a poor offensive performance yesterday. It's not why we lost though.

If you are not interested in what I have to say then you can click my profile and hit Ignore and you will be saved from me pointing out how bad Kyler is playing. Which I am going to do repeatedly every time he plays badly. As I will for all players.

There's going to be a whole thread showing how bad he is later in the week so you might want to get in before then.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The whole point of a discussion forum is to discuss. If someone is going to say "It's the O line" or "It's the play calling" then I'm going to correct them because they are objectively wrong and I have done the work to show that with film breakdown. If you want to say it's O line against statistical evidence and film of Kyler missing wide open guys for big plays then you could do that by taking the time to present the evidence. As I did.

Was the O line bad yesterday? Absolutely. Has it been bad all season? No it hasn't. I've pointed out 4 loses where Kyler had very low pressure and you still want to hang a 3-6 season on the O line.

It's fair to say a 3rd string interior O line contributed to a poor offensive performance yesterday. It's not why we lost though.

If you are not interested in what I have to say then you can click my profile and hit Ignore and you will be saved from me pointing out how bad Kyler is playing. Which I am going to do repeatedly every time he plays badly. As I will for all players.

There's going to be a whole thread showing how bad he is later in the week so you might want to get in before then.
You do you Brit, wouldn't have it any other way.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I wonder if some of the clock management and play calling issues may be Kyler doing to Kliff what Rodgers did to McCarthy. When I hear Murray say things like he runs the plays that are called, it sounds exactly like Rodgers when he was burned out with McCarthy.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wonder if some of the clock management and play calling issues may be Kyler doing to Kliff what Rodgers did to McCarthy. When I hear Murray say things like he runs the plays that are called, it sounds exactly like Rodgers when he was burned out with McCarthy.
Perhaps, but Rodgers is a proven QB. Kyler is a wannabe proven QB who doesn't know jack. Either way, it's a lose/lose for us.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

By “high level” you’re completely ignoring the run blocking right?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By “high level” you’re completely ignoring the run blocking right?

The weird thing is objectively 3 of the 5 guys who played yesterday on the OL are supposed to be better run blockers than pass blockers and Hump can run block too. So 4 of our 5 and yet if Kyler's not the one running we can't run except when way behind.

I hate to harp on it he's a great guy but I still say this offense is better without Conner as the #1 RB. Just not fast enough. Great guy runs hard etc, still want him on the team but I don't think it was coincidence that he got 70% of the snaps and we couldn't run yesterday

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The weird thing is objectively 3 of the 5 guys who played yesterday on the OL are supposed to be better run blockers than pass blockers and Hump can run block too. So 4 of our 5 and yet if Kyler's not the one running we can't run except when way behind.

I hate to harp on it he's a great guy but I still say this offense is better without Conner as the #1 RB. Just not fast enough. Great guy runs hard etc, still want him on the team but I don't think it was coincidence that he got 70% of the snaps and we couldn't run yesterday

But run blocking is tough in a new scheme with guys you never played with. Only takes one guy to get it wrong and the whole thing is shot.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Yes
Britt Bodybagged again.. keeps doing it to himself. How with the naked eye could you not agree to it being fast without the need of challenging the stat is wild Britt. The hatred is deep within you… another reason why your selective video breakdowns hold no merits.