2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The nets owner seems to act like he’s above all this but he’s the one who allowed all this mess and still seems ok with questionable choices.

KD will be gone at the deadline. They will have trouble finding a taker for Kyrie or Ben

Hiring the Celtics guy seems like a perfect nets thing to do.

The owner makes no sense to me. KD tells the owner to get rid of the Coach and GM. The owner tells him to go kick rocks/pound sand standing with the Coach and GM.. only to turn around and fire the coach games later. Should have got rid of the coach then but now he has a mess.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The nets owner seems to act like he’s above all this but he’s the one who allowed all this mess and still seems ok with questionable choices.

KD will be gone at the deadline. They will have trouble finding a taker for Kyrie or Ben

Hiring the Celtics guy seems like a perfect nets thing to do.

I don't want this to be too political but if the league really has no business taking the moral high ground on an topic while allowing Tsai to own a team.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With all the happenings around the NBA, I wonder if Robert Sarver is asking himself why he is selling the team.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

There's good reason he's selling. I don't need to post any links of analysts predicting a $4 billion dollar price tag on the Suns even though the recent Forbes valuation listed them around $2.8 billion. It's an exclusive club that's why teams always sell for more than they're valued at.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm saying there are a lot of people around the NBA with dirty hands although that's not an excuse for Robert Sarver.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve Kerr is funny.

At the post game presser he was asked about Poole being called for a carry 3 times and he said it turns out the NBA sent out an email today saying to make it a point of emphasis, and "I forgot to check my email." Kerr said he agrees what Poole does is a carry, said everyone in the NBA does it and has since Iverson, but it's absolutely a carry and they absolutely warned us in email I just didn't read my email so it's my fault I didn't know to warn guys.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Steve Kerr is funny.

At the post game presser he was asked about Poole being called for a carry 3 times and he said it turns out the NBA sent out an email today saying to make it a point of emphasis, and "I forgot to check my email." Kerr said he agrees what Poole does is a carry, said everyone in the NBA does it and has since Iverson, but it's absolutely a carry and they absolutely warned us in email I just didn't read my email so it's my fault I didn't know to warn guys.

Attachments

• 8BE240A6-4BCB-4B7B-9574-241920FD2C35.jpeg
    8BE240A6-4BCB-4B7B-9574-241920FD2C35.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes Charles Barkley knocks it out of the ballpark.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes lots of backlash, see Leonard from the heat when he was caught while gaming.

Yeah, I had mentioned that as well, yet the NBA is seemingly willing to turn their nose about the Kyrie Irving situation.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good game between Celtics and Cavs.

Edit

The Don was a great pick up for the Cavs

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nets and Kyrie Irving will each donate $500,000 “toward causes and organizations that work to eradicate hate and intolerance in our communities.”

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lakers get their 2nd win after the Pelicans went full gag reflex in every big moment. Zion was especially bad in OT, just full on hero mode. A couple awful fadeaways but the worst was a play where the Lakers had 2 of their own players collide under their own hoop, Pelicans have a 3 on 5 and Zion decides to drive the lane, draws all 3 defenders and settles of an awful off balance layup attempt... 2 guys open for 3, 2 others that could have had wide open looks close, Lakers get the board and heave it to the other end of the court where their 2 guys are just getting to their feet for an uncontested dunk.

I am sad to report that Russ, at least for the moment, is looking far better in his "bench general" role. Surround him with scrubs where he can play as selfish as he wants and he looks a lot better.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not a fan of Nick Wright because I think like a lot of these TV guys he plays up a character he’s created for views, but this is as real as I’ve seen him.

Pretty good watch

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Krangodnzr

Adam Silver, we need much, much more than talk, a donation and an apology.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was the penalty for Meyers Leonard using an anti-Semitic phrase.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
@Krangodnzr

Adam Silver, we need much, much more than talk, a donation and an apology.

One could argue that what Irving did was significantly WORSE than a slur as well.

The Black Hebrew Israelite movement is disgusting, racist, Islamophobic, anti-Semitic, homophobic, transphobic, and maybe the worst case of cultural appropriation in all of history.

You should know you're wrong when you quote Adolf Hitler as evidence, not to mention fake Hitler quotes.

I think Kyrie deserves a very long suspension. I don't want to see him play for a while.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One could argue that what Irving did was significantly WORSE than a slur as well.

The Black Hebrew Israelite movement is disgusting, racist, Islamophobic, anti-Semitic, homophobic, transphobic, and maybe the worst case of cultural appropriation in all of history.

You should know you're wrong when you quote Adolf Hitler as evidence, not to mention fake Hitler quotes.

I think Kyrie deserves a very long suspension. I don't want to see him play for a while.

Oh the black nationalist movement is very real. It’s almost 100% based on propaganda and conspiracy theories. Nick Cannon, Kanye, Kyrie, Stephen Jackson, Tariq Nasheed and a ton of others.

I got into it on Twitter with a black dude talking Boxing and he busted out with I’m an immigrant and parasite to this country cause Latinos are anti black and it was just this whole thing and I’m like wait what?

Nick made a great point if you don’t teach them there history they are gonna go looking for it and the weak minded are gonna take comfort in ********. It’s just the whole Q movement. The stuff is so well produced and looks so good if you don’t know any better you think it’s real

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Oh the black nationalist movement is very real. It’s almost 100% based on propaganda and conspiracy theories. Nick Cannon, Kanye, Kyrie, Stephen Jackson, Tariq Nasheed and a ton of others.

I got into it on Twitter with a black dude talking Boxing and he busted out with I’m an immigrant and parasite to this country cause Latinos are anti black and it was just this whole thing and I’m like wait what?

Nick made a great point if you don’t teach them there history they are gonna go looking for it and the weak minded are gonna take comfort in ********. It’s just the whole Q movement. The stuff is so well produced and looks so good if you don’t know any better you think it’s real
I find it absolutely SICKENING that a group of people would pretty lamely and without any real evidence, try to steal another group's heritage. It's sickening and appalling after everything that Jewish people have gone through. Most of the public doesn't understand that it wasn't just the Holocaust, that Jewish literally faced many mini-Holocausts throughout their history.

It's sad what happened and still happens to black people in America, but that doesn't give them the right to do this to Jewish people.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's not just one person, but the NBA can't be tolerant of this type of behavior. False truths can hurt people.

It's genuinely frightening, there are so many people who are ripe for misinformation.

Where are history lessons in schools?

I used to think flat earthers were a joke. I'm not laughing anymore.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's not just one person, but the NBA can't be tolerant of this type of behavior. False truths can hurt people.

It's genuinely frightening, there are so many people who are ripe for misinformation.

Where are history lessons in schools?

I used to think flat earthers were a joke. I'm not laughing anymore.
I was looking at a ridiculous post on Facebook of a report that a group had created a recreation of what Jesus looked like based on the shroud of Turin. Obviously, this is crazy because the shroud of Turin is nowhere old enough to have been used on Jesus, but the comments on the post were truly disturbing. Hundreds of people who followed the Black Hebrew Israelite nonsense started commenting about how Jesus was black and how the true Israelites were black, and that current Jewish people were just white people charading as Jews.

So before the Kanye quotes came out, I went down the black Israelite rabbit hole and was completely disgusted by it. If I were Jewish, I would be DEEPLY offended, and as a non-Jew, I'm still offended by the concept of it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking at a ridiculous post on Facebook of a report that a group had created a recreation of what Jesus looked like based on the shroud of Turin. Obviously, this is crazy because the shroud of Turin is nowhere old enough to have been used on Jesus, but the comments on the post were truly disturbing. Hundreds of people who followed the Black Hebrew Israelite nonsense started commenting about how Jesus was black and how the true Israelites were black, and that current Jewish people were just white people charading as Jews.

So before the Kanye quotes came out, I went down the black Israelite rabbit hole and was completely disgusted by it. If I were Jewish, I would be DEEPLY offended, and as a non-Jew, I'm still offended by the concept of it.

This probably deserves a thread outside the Suns forum, otherwise it's going to be shut down or moved.

Maybe @Finito (or someone else) could start a thread in the Politics and Religion forum using the Nick Wright video as a starter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A former Spurs psychologist files a lawsuit related to the Josh Primo situation.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a statement from Josh Primo's attorney.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard