Thursday night football week 4

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
That looked brutal. If it's another concussion that's pretty scary.

I thought it was a broken finger and then I saw that all of his fingers were displaced in a motion I have never seen. The General Manager of the Dolphins needs to be thrown out of the league if he allows this to happen. TUA PLAYING ON A SHORT WEEK AFTER CONCUSSION PROTOCOL

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The league has simply got to do away with this Thursday nonsense. The games suck and these guys haven’t even recovered from Sunday.

League and fans don’t give a flying fornication about the players health. I don’t watch Thursday NFL games at all.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
The league has simply got to do away with this Thursday nonsense. The games suck and these guys haven’t even recovered from Sunday.

League and fans don’t give a flying fornication about the players health. I don’t watch Thursday NFL games at all.

Three days to recover is impossible. Let alone having a guy play in concussion protocol play. This is not acceptable. The NFL is all about virtue signaling but it doesn’t address the main issue facing the league: CTE.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I haven't see a clip of it yet, how graphic is it? Is it as bad to watch as one like Alex Smith's injury? I don't have the best stomach for those types of injuries. On twitter I read a few people say that it was a clean, textbook hit that caught Tua when he was in an awkward position. So I'm not sure how bad the video is to watch.

I agree though that the NFL needs to come down on the Dolphins' front office and that they really need to get rid of the Thursday night games. I never liked them nor thought they were a good idea.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't see a clip of it yet, how graphic is it? Is it as bad to watch as one like Alex Smith's injury? I don't have the best stomach for those types of injuries. On twitter I read a few people say that it was a clean, textbook hit that caught Tua when he was in an awkward position. So I'm not sure how bad the video is to watch.

I agree though that the NFL needs to come down on the Dolphins' front office and that they really need to get rid of the Thursday night games. I never liked them nor thought they were a good idea.

It's a concussion, he had the classic "frozen limbs" guys get with a concussion. My original post was mocking the Dolphins for claiming his obvious concussion last week was a "back injury".

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

No, the hit itself doesn't look so bad to me but him laying there afterwards is the scary part.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

Completely different injury. I wouldn’t watch it if I were you. Brain and neck injury

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it me or are the refs suddenly really bad at spotting balls? That 2nd down run by Edmonds looked clearly to be a first down based on the yellow line but they spotted it short and then Cincy stopped him on 3rd down. It's happened in every one of our games too. Unless it's just the camera angles it's really a problem because teams want to save their challenges so you don't challenge a spot on 2nd down and it ends up causing you to punt.

The Tua thing is going to be a problem he clearly shouldn't have played last week after the injury and now again tonight and now he's in the hospital

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, the hit itself doesn't look so bad to me but him laying there afterwards is the scary part.
It was his head hitting the ground that was bad. I couldn't believe they put him back in the game Sunday. Now, that decision looks even worse. You would hope the NFL was past this ********. It doesn't even matter if Tua insisted he was fine. You gotta protect the player even from hinself.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was his head hitting the ground that was bad. I couldn't believe they put him back in the game Sunday. Now, that decision looks even worse. You would hope the NFL was past this ********. It doesn't even matter if Tua insisted he was fine. You gotta protect the player even from hinself.

Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t he have to be cleared by a doctor??

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
I was watching live and as soon as he went down, I said to my wife that’s a neuro injury but he didn’t even hit his head that hard and I didn’t understand why his body reacted like it did. I was totally unaware of the head injury (aka back injury - hah) from last week. After watching last weeks video, Dolphins should take the rath! God bless you Tua!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
KK should take a look at how creative the last TD play the Bengals scored on from like the 1 yard line. I formation, TE lined up on the right, fakes right to the fullback, defense bites while the TE slides right behind the LOS to the left flat, bam, Burrow hits him for an easy TD. This is the type of creativity KK used in 2019, not in the red zone that first year, but overall way more creative.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. And the doctor made the wrong call. When someone is knocked dizzy enough to be stumbling around like he was that should be the end of his day. You get dizzy from a hit to the head, you are concussed. Maybe it is not severe, but now they have a bad situation, two concussive events 4 days apart.

I expect the NFL will try to make an example of the Dolphins.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They misdiagnosed (...lied about?...) his obvious concussion last week, so he never got put in concussion protocol... despite that he looked drunk, fell over and had to be held up by teammates.

The NFLPA was already launching an investigation into how the hell he played LAST week... and that was before tonight.

He didn't even get the full week... they through him out there 4 days after getting concussed, totally reckless.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They misdiagnosed (...lied about?...) his obvious concussion last week, so he never got put in concussion protocol... despite that he fell looked drunk, fell over and had to be held up by teammates.

The NFLPA was already launching an investigation into how the hell he played LAST week... and that was before tonight.

He didn't even get the full week... they through him out there 4 days after getting concussed, totally reckless.
Wow. I didn't know he didn't even get into the protocol. That's ****** up.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tua has been released from the hospital & is traveling with the team back to Miami. Thank goodness for that. Contrary to what everyone on this board may think, these team doctors are pretty damn good. Before we jump to conclusions, I’ll wait to hear what the medical personnel has to say.