Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry… EVERYONE has said the NBA got their wrong. The fact that the NBA minimized the racist, sexist and misogynist behavior does not make their minimization truth.

At a certain point you have to start to wonder about how/why the minority owner who’s actually a minority was branded the “malcontent” from the rest of the organization that perpetrated and enabled the continued perpetration of so much racist, sexist and misogynistic behavior.
Interesting enough they didn't say that other owners have been trying to buy him out. They said SARVER has been trying to buy him out for years. Makes you think for Sarver, he just wants YES MEN in the ownership group.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting enough they didn't say that other owners have been trying to buy him out. They said SARVER has been trying to buy him out for years. Makes you think for Sarver, he just wants YES MEN in the ownership group.
Would be a real stunner if the guy who “Hates diversity” would trash the biggest minority of the team…

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Initially I was impressed by his accomplishments at such a young age but I've been doing some reading on Sam Garvin the past hour. Other than probably not being the buffoon Robert is, he sounds like might even be a worse human being.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Initially I was impressed by his accomplishments at such a young age but I've been doing some reading on Sam Garvin the past hour. Other than probably not being the buffoon Robert is, he sounds like might even be a worse human being.
Lol… great!

Do tell Steve…

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Gambo is making himself look terrible the more he carries water for Sarver.
Gambo said this week that he didn't think Sarver should lose his team, but that the way he treated women did deserve Sarver to get a knuckle sandwich.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I would LOVE to learn how Jahm Najafi got such a large portion of ownership, or any at all. He and Sarver are so different. You would wonder why in the hell would Sarver let this guy have a piece of the Suns. On the other side, Najafi has treated Sarver like he's an idiot, so why would he want to give money to a guy he loathed. There is a GREAT story here that reporters are missing!

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
That's not how he came across at all. He was simply pointing out the history between Sarver and Jahm Najafi. Gambo days ago predicted that Najafi would do exactly this. I am saying it doesn't appear he has support of the other minority owners because they already released a statement indicating they support the leagues decision. So, it appears that Jahm is the exception to the group.
My guess is the "official" statement by the "other" minority owners was most likely just engineered by Sarver and Garvin and whichever other of the remaining partners are chummy with them. I don't expect it actually represented the entirety of the minority owners opinions (as has already been demonstrated), or even a plurality of them. It's quite likely an error to assume Sarver has anything approaching universal support among the other partners and therefore cannot/will not be removed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just can’t believe Sarver got a say as far as who gets to replace him. This whole thing is such a farce.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would LOVE to learn how Jahm Najafi got such a large portion of ownership, or any at all. He and Sarver are so different. You would wonder why in the hell would Sarver let this guy have a piece of the Suns. On the other side, Najafi has treated Sarver like he's an idiot, so why would he want to give money to a guy he loathed. There is a GREAT story here that reporters are missing!
The list of people that can pony up the type of cash to invest is very small. An investor who will put up the money and commit to the investment long term is even smaller. I doubt Sarver handpicked any of the owner group (unless he was close friends with some). Usually, you hire a firm that specializes in raising capital or forming an investment group.

Last edited:

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
First two seasons were probably the peak of 1/2 hour comedy of all time. The characters were so perfect and every joke seemingly had five layers to each one.
Cool, I've got this one in the pocket to watch one of these days.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cool, I've got this one in the pocket to watch one of these days.
I’m with cheese, the first two seasons and probably the first half of the third season before they had to rush all the plot lines to end it were the funniest I’ve ever seen any show.

It’s even funnier on a rewatch because there’s jokes that are funny in their own but you don’t see the real payoff for like six episodes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m with cheese, the first two seasons and probably the first half of the third season before they had to rush all the plot lines to end it were the funniest I’ve ever seen any show.

It’s even funnier on a rewatch because there’s jokes that are funny in their own but you don’t see the real payoff for like six episodes.
It really was beyond genius.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard