Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yes, that's what I'm saying. I think if there were to be a discussion about the "N" word it should be on another forum like Politics and Religion.

I dislike the use of the word by any race. IMO, it's a very offensive word.
I respectfully disagree. Using that word in front of employees, is a direct reflection of whether he should have the privilege of owning an NBA franchise. In this case, it is part of the discussion. Especially since most of his employees would probably find it offensive. Is he THAT tone deaf?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. Using that word in front of employees, is a direct reflection of whether he should have the privilege of owning an NBA franchise. In this case, it is part of the discussion. Especially since most of his employees would probably find it offensive. Is he THAT tone deaf?

I don't think we are disagreeing.

Using the "N" word is offensive enough but there is so much more to the NBA investigation concerning workplace environment and treatment of women. They are also reasons for the owner to be removed.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Sarver isn't going to leave until he has absolutely ruined the franchise, is he? He seems like the type to go out kicking and screaming like the brat he is. This is going to ruin our chances at a lot of FAs.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, yes, he is THAT tone deaf.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sarver isn't going to leave until he has absolutely ruined the franchise, is he? He seems like the type to go out kicking and screaming like the brat he is. This is going to ruin our chances at a lot of FAs.

If a multi-billionaire bought the Suns at a sizeable profit I can see Sarver leaving.

I think it would be hard for him to walk away from money knowing the uncomfortable circumstances he might face when he returns.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego issues a statement regarding any action they might take as city leaders.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This really is another black eye of ism in a state that’s known for its sadly history with all isms.

If this went down in LA or NY, you’d have an uprising already… a groundswell of media, fans and people pushing this piece of trash out of ownership.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't believe he survives the next few weeks.
Man, Steve… I’ve never wanted you to be more right than right now.

I’m just too damn cyclical to believe rich white men get their just deserts in this country at this point.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score

I’m just too damn cyclical to believe rich white men get their just deserts in this country at this point.
I finished Ozark not that long ago. I share your sentiment.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think he'll step down, whether it's officially forced or not. But I don't believe he'll get his just desserts. What he's created there and allowed to occur under him deserves far more punishment than some public embarrassment. Not to mention it will have allowed him to move from wealthy to incredibly wealthy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This really is another black eye of ism in a state that’s known for its sadly history with all isms.

If this went down in LA or NY, you’d have an uprising already… a groundswell of media, fans and people pushing this piece of trash out of ownership.

Yes, I wish the response was more swift but I'm hopeful the sentiment to remove Sarver is growing.

I think it's going to take the players to push it along though.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only a gut feeling but I think the NBA would have left out the punitive phase of their decision if Robert Sarver had agreed to voluntarily sell the team and put someone else in charge until it sold.

The suspension part of it is so awkward.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This. Acting like or avoiding mentioning the incident is a disservice to the seriousness (using the N word) and deemphasizes the seriousness of all the allegations. Nobody wants to debate the merits of using the word.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first of the minority owners (Jahm Najafi) of ownership group calls for the resignation of Robert Sarver.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jahm Najafi calls for the resignation of Robert Sarver in the final part of the letter.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz