The Durant Sweepstakes

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be fair he’s rated that way everywhere. (Psst, I’m pretty sure no one on this board was capable of voting him as 2nd in DPOY for the year).

You’ve seen the post here with people saying they wouldn’t trade Bridges for KD.

That is ridiculous. You agree with that? I don’t

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’ve seen the post here with people saying they wouldn’t trade Bridges for KD.

That is ridiculous. You agree with that? I don’t
Yeah but Ouchie is right. This board doesn't vote for the awards. I personally don't think he is overrated unless you are arguing the entire league is wrong. He is that good. Does that mean he should stand in the way of a trade for KG? No. Both can be true. Bridges wasn't by a long shot the only person who didn't show up against the Mavs.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but Ouchie is right. This board doesn't vote for the awards. I personally don't think he is overrated unless you are arguing the entire league is wrong. He is that good. Does that mean he should stand in the way of a trade for KG? No. Both can be true. Bridges wasn't by a long shot the only person who didn't show up against the Mavs.
And for whatever it's worth, by almost any measure, Mikal was a better player this last postseason than Durant was.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don’t put much stock in NBA awards.

He was on the all defense team not all NBA team. When your specialty is defense and you can’t shut guys down in the playoffs what are you really bringing to the table?

I’d trade anyone on this team not named Booker in a heart beat for KD and that’s what this is about. Guys saying they would rather have Bridges than KD or they wouldn’t give up Bridges for KD.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And for whatever it's worth, by almost any measure, Mikal was a better player this last postseason than Durant was.

KD averaged 26/5/6 this year in the playoffs in what world was Bridges better.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t put much stock in NBA awards.

He was on the all defense team not all NBA team. When your specialty is defense and you can’t shut guys down in the playoffs what are you really bringing to the table?

I’d trade anyone on this team not named Booker in a heart beat for KD and that’s what this is about. Guys saying they would rather have Bridges than KD or they wouldn’t give up Bridges for KD.
I put even less stock in our own boards. Depending on the awards, they are from people who know the game or their job is to watch players throughout a season. Plus, I went to a bunch of Suns games this year and probably watched 98% of our games and he passed the eye test for me. Throughout the season NBA analyst after analyst agreed how good he was on defense. I will stick with that. Plus, this is coming from a person who thinks most fans overrate our own players.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I put even less stock in our own boards. Depending on the awards, they are from people who know the game or their job is to watch players throughout a season. Plus, I went to a bunch of Suns games this year and probably watched 98% of our games and he passed the eye test for me. Throughout the season NBA analyst after analyst agreed how good he was on defense. I will stick with that. Plus, this is coming from a person who thinks most fans overrate our own players.

He really good role player but that’s what he is. Saying you would rather keep him than getting KD is laughable imo

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He really good role player but that’s what he is. Saying you would rather keep him than getting KD is laughable imo
You must be having comprehension problems. I never said that which is what is really laughable.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be having comprehension problems. I never said that which is what is really laughable.

No you didn’t but you jumped into this conversation by quoting me and that’s what I’ve been responding to and talking about.

So if your gonna jump in you should probably follow the conversation a little bit and know what guys are talking about.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No you didn’t but you jumped into this conversation by quoting me and that’s what I’ve been responding to and talking about.

So if your gonna jump in you should probably follow the conversation a little bit and know what guys are talking about.
If you are gonna flap your gums like you started partying for the 4th of July early you better know who said what. I have been clear about my stance on Bridges. All you have to do is move your eyes left to right. I jumped in on the part of the conversation around evaluating Bridges talent. My stance is not only clear in multiple discussion but right here in this discussion. Don't assume....you know that makes you. Next time ask if you don't want to bother reading.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KD averaged 26/5/6 this year in the playoffs in what world was Bridges better.
Poor defense and inefficiency brings KD's numbers down. Durant shot 33% from the arc and 40% from 2 point range. Durant had 3.5 more assists per game than Mikal but that was more than offset by the fact he had 4.5 more turnovers per game too. 4.7 rebounds per game for Mikal as a small forward is mediocre but 5.8 for Durant as a power forward is very weak. Bridges has a clear advantage in ORtg and DRtg.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you are gonna flap your gums like you started partying for the 4th of July early you better know who said what. I have been clear about my stance on Bridges. All you have to do is move your eyes left to right. I jumped in on the part of the conversation around evaluating Bridges talent. My stance is not only clear in multiple discussion but right here in this discussion. Don't assume....you know that makes you. Next time ask if you don't want to bother reading.

I know what you said and I don’t put to much into it.

Like I said you jumped into my conversation not knowing what the hell the topic even was. Nobody called for you. If your gonna get offended feel free to not respond.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know what you said and I don’t put to much into it.

Like I said you jumped into my conversation not knowing what the hell the topic even was. Nobody called for you. If your gonna get offended feel free to not respond.
You can't comprehend the written language then. I was very specific in that my response was about (what Ouchie said about the awards). Do I have to read that back to you? I was then very specific about the awards. I don't give a damn if you called for me or not. It's a public forum. If you don't want people to react to your crap maybe you shouldn't accuse them of something they never said? Especially, when all you have to do is use the scroll bar and use your eyes to see I have said the opposite about Bridges.

Pretty simple...then I thought reading was simple too.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair, there's very few posters saying this, although after doing more research I'd now fall into that group. But other than me and maybe one other poster, the detractors aren't saying no to Bridges for Durant, they are saying no to Durant for a deal that ALSO includes Bridges. Big difference.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Poor defense and inefficiency brings KD's numbers down. Durant shot 33% from the arc and 40% from 2 point range. Durant had 3.5 more assists per game than Mikal but that was more than offset by the fact he had 4.5 more turnovers per game too. 4.7 rebounds per game for Mikal as a small forward is mediocre but 5.8 for Durant as a power forward is very weak. Bridges has a clear advantage in ORtg and DRtg.

What can I say. You got me Mikal was clearly better than Kevin Durant

I would much rather have Bridges 9/4/3 against the Mavs. However Bridges was pretty good against Pelicans.

Durant also has the ball in his hands every single play with the defense keyed in on him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stop the personal attacks
You can't comprehend the written language then. I was very specific in that my response was about what Ouchie said. Do I have to read that back to you? I was then very specific about the awards. I don't give a damn if you called for me or not. It's a public forum. If you don't want people to react to your crap maybe you shouldn't accuse them of something they never said? Especially, when all you have to do is use the scroll bar and use your eyes to see I have said the opposite about Bridges.

Pretty simple...then I thought reading was simple too.

Looks like some one is triggered again. What’s wrong bud? Your wife’s boyfriend telling you it’s time to move out again?

Hey listen if I suck so much feel free to put my on ignore. Again your responding to me not the other way around. You jumped in my conversation.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be fair, there's very few posters saying this, although after doing more research I'd now fall into that group. But other than me and maybe one other poster, the detractors aren't saying no to Bridges for Durant, they are saying no to Durant for a deal that ALSO includes Bridges. Big difference.

But I think it’s the only way it gets done. However if this deal gets done and you don’t give up Bridges or Cam them JJ needs that executive of the year award now

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like some one is triggered again. What’s wrong bud? Your wife’s boyfriend telling you it’s time to move out again?

Hey listen if I suck so much feel free to put my on ignore. Again your responding to me not the other way around. You jumped in my conversation.
Huh? Pathetic attempt. Now personal attacks involving my wife? That's even more pathetic because you have no facts to stand on. Everybody here can see what I said about Bridges to see how pathetic your comments are. Dude...your weaksauce attempt doesn't even get a 1 on the rise scale. :lmao:

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah and you heard about Ayton getting lit up like a pinball machine by undersized guards, did that make you want to just throw him into a deal? The difference is, Mikal didn't play at UA.

When you factor in his contract, he's the single best asset this franchise has. Trading him would be so incredibly Suns-like, giving up a great defender because he can't shut down every single player in the league. The guy played heavy minutes, never took a game off and almost always guarded the best player from the other team.

There's a reason we've never been a good defensive team until now, and that's in large part due to the two guys we're focused on trading (Ayton and Bridges). Moving one of them voluntarily is a mistake, moving both of them reeks of shortsightedness IMO.
Yeah for as flawed as Ayton is he’s pretty important to this team IMO. Seems like everyone is only concerned with losing Bridges, but I feel like losing a young DA (who I think still isn’t near his ceiling) is gonna really sting at some point in the future.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Huh? Pathetic attempt. Now personal attacks involving my wife? That's even more pathetic because you have no facts to stand on. Everybody here can see what I said about Bridges to see how pathetic your comments are. Dude...your weaksauce attempt doesn't even get a 1 on the rise scale. :lmao:

Yet here you are

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think we would have had a realistic title chance if we just ran the same team back this year.

DA would likely be disgruntled, and quite frankly I am very worried CP3's game is falling off a cliff.
Yeah I’m like 90a% sure CP3 is cooked.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. I mean if that makes you feel better. Gotta do what you gotta do right
Which one of us just got so triggered because they were caught with their pants down accusing someone of something they didn't say? Which one of us is so triggered they responded with a don't jump in comment? Which one of us is so triggered they made a personal joke about the other's wife?

Yeah...none of those are me. LOL. Like you said...whatever makes you feel better...am I right?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Which one of us just got so triggered because they were caught with their pants down accusing someone of something they didn't say? Which one of us is so triggered they responded with a don't jump in comment? Which one of us is so triggered they made a personal joke about the other's wife?

Yeah...none of those are me. LOL. Like you said...whatever makes you feel better...am I right?

Oh I’m not triggered at all, but hey here you are. Keep going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson