The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Why are you getting so up in arms about this? Perhaps we don’t think he was being a douche… have you considered that?

It’s called trash talk to a player who mocked their strength and they are the ones who won the title. You’re completely entitled to your own opinion. Stop Trying to project it onto us.
Every teams players/fans do the same thing. Criticize others while absolving your own. Fans is short for fanatics.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Why are you getting so up in arms about this? Perhaps we don’t think he was being a douche… have you considered that?

It’s called trash talk to a player who mocked their strength and they are the ones who won the title. You’re completely entitled to your own opinion. Stop Trying to project it onto us.
It’s weird to trash talk a player for something in the regular season after you just won the championship. Particularly after dispatched that players team in the previous round. Enjoy the championship.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's just the whole Golden State entitlement....Steph saying...what they gonna say now! Klay bagging on a player cause....We been there bruh!
You were the worst team 2yrs ago and got smacked by the Lakers in the play in. Instead of being humble and admiring a damn good year that they had they turn it in to some sort of stupid disrespect thing...seriously you were the worst team in the NBA 2yrs ago. I'm done with em.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Lol. Lots of peeps all in their feels because the warriors basically kept their mouths shut until they won unlike their competition.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a reason the "Smack Shack" forum exists.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's just the whole Golden State entitlement....Steph saying...what they gonna say now! Klay bagging on a player cause....We been there bruh!
You were the worst team 2yrs ago and got smacked by the Lakers in the play in. Instead of being humble and admiring a damn good year that they had they turn it in to some sort of stupid disrespect thing...seriously you were the worst team in the NBA 2yrs ago. I'm done with em.

Steph was talking directly to Kendrick Perkins because literally the day of the game Kendrick Perkins on live tv said when asked by Malika Andrews what Steph would do in game 6 said "absolutely nothing."

Perkins, of course a former Celtic, was talking crap about the Warriors players the entire post season. So after they won the title Steph asked an obvious question, what are they going to say now. I have no idea what Perkins said I don't honestly care but I get why Steph said it. ESPN is the biggest sports station on the planet, Perkins is an idiot I think most people know that but he has a big platform and he shot his mouth off because he wanted the Celtics to win.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got zero prob with Steph. People have picked at and dogged him for weird reasons his entire career. Dude is arguably Top 10 of all time. He changed the entire game.

But literally holding on to some tweet from six months ago and then calling the guy a bum is just lame. And it sounded even lamer when I actually heard the clip tonight. Just keep riding Steph’s coattails now Klay. You were a stud before the knee injuries but you’re not more than a hanger-on at this point.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
I got no problem with players that have been there, won championships, were mocked when they were down, talking trash AFTER winning it all. Never heard the Warriors talking trash during the season.

Now the players and teams that have never won anything acting entitled, talking trash and being chippy…that’s another story.

It’s so ironic. Posters complaining about a team talking trash…talking trash themselves lol. It’s really not that serious.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kerr was comparing Steph to Tim Duncan, not playing style obviously but longevity and winning titles with gaps in between due to injuries etc. He said at the end of the day none of this was possible without Steph just like nothing San Antonio did was possible without Duncan.

When you have a player that good that's also that unselfish, is the hardest worker on your team, you can build around them, even more than once.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kerr was comparing Steph to Tim Duncan, not playing style obviously but longevity and winning titles with gaps in between due to injuries etc. He said at the end of the day none of this was possible without Steph just like nothing San Antonio did was possible without Duncan.

When you have a player that good that's also that unselfish, is the hardest worker on your team, you can build around them, even more than once.
Yeah, Steph has been great player to build a championship team around. I really thought that he was a half notch below prime Curry this season but we probably just witnessed his best all around postseason.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I think that’s a pretty good comp.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know not scientific but if Gary Payton was 6'4" there's no way Gary Payton the 2nd is 6'3". Dude is like 6'1"

You must be registered for see images attach

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
“Grate” move by Klay!:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If every three pointer Curry made in the finals had instead been a 2, the leading scorer in the NBA finals this year would have been..... Steph Curry.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another interesting Steph story that has a weird twist. Apparently after his freshman year at Davidson, coach K came a calling, after having declined to take Steph as a preferred walkon, Coach K had now decided he was good enough and wanted him to transfer to Duke so he used connections to relay the message to Dell Curry. And Step said "Dad, no, if they didn't want me then, I don't want them now, F them I'm staying at Davidson!"

Which is a great story but then you realize a couple of years later, Seth Curry left Liberty for Duke.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on the NBA champs etc stuff. David Robinson had an interesting comment on Dennis Rodman. Rodman played 2 years with the Spurs before going to the Bulls and winning titles there. Robinson said Rodman was a great player and had a "great heart" but that he was very destructive to the team in San Antonio. NOt necessarily because of his antics but because Robinson said no matter what we did, we could not get him to get out of his comfort zone. That is they needed Rodman to score more and be a bigger part of the offense, his defense and rebounding was great but they needed him to be an offensive threat to take some of the load off Robinson and others, and Rodman simply refused to do it.

he was a better fit in Chicago and Detroit because they had enough scorers they needed his defense, rebounding and toughness, but in SA they needed him to do more and he wouldn't even try.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose