Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i wanted him gone, and believed he would be, before i heard some of the details in that (long-winded) clip. now, i'm sure it will happen -- after the NBA's product is no longer on display in the Finals

the sooner the better. we've got some moves to make and it would help in regards to any player who has a say in whether PHX is an acceptable destination

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wanted him gone, and believed he would be, before i heard some of the details in that (long-winded) clip. now, i'm sure it will happen -- after the NBA's product is no longer on display in the Finals

the sooner the better. we've got some moves to make and it would help in regards to any player who has a say in whether PHX is an acceptable destination
Cliff notes for those who don’t want to listen to the long winded clip?

Euphoria

Reaction score
Cliff notes for those who don’t want to listen to the long winded clip?
From memory: some former females quoted that it broke them and one said it wrecked her life and she contemplated suicide. Another current operations employee said if Silver comes in too see the investigation himself he would be apalled.

Another instance dates back to 2013 when he was deciding to hire Majerle vs Lindsay Hunter he was telling people in the organization that these N word players need a N word coach. Also asking employees he owned them something like are you one of mine referring them as well as players as "inventory". Talked about times when his wife performed oral sex on him and his "large" condom size in staff meetings while asking his staff questions about their and their partners sex lives.

The last thing I recall was about HR how if something happens don't go to GR cause HR was covering for Sarver. Two former HR admitted they told employees not to go directly to HR and met them in parking lot and advised them to seek legal counsel that they would likely secure a good settlement.

They have over 70 former and current employees making statements.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From memory: some former females quoted that it broke them and one said it wrecked her life and she contemplated suicide. Another current operations employee said if Silver comes in too see the investigation himself he would be apalled.

Another instance dates back to 2013 when he was deciding to hire Majerle vs Lindsay Hunter he was telling people in the organization that these N word players need a N word coach. Also asking employees he owned them something like are you one of mine referring them as well as players as "inventory". Talked about times when his wife performed oral sex on him and his "large" condom size in staff meetings while asking his staff questions about their and their partners sex lives.

The last thing I recall was about HR how if something happens don't go to GR cause HR was covering for Sarver. Two former HR admitted they told employees not to go directly to HR and met them in parking lot and advised them to seek legal counsel that they would likely secure a good settlement.

If even a fraction of this is substantiated this should be an easy decision for the league.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
yes, those are some ugly details that were new to me. All of it, though, is from the 20 page ESPN article he referenced.

Euphoria

Reaction score
If even a fraction of this is substantiated this should be an easy decision for the league.
I recall this vid didn't touch on Sarver's idea to lure players to Phoenix by getting them hooked up with local women or prostitutes hoping they impregnated them giving them a reason to play for the area. Just batshit crazy thinking that something you might expect from Dr. Evil.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gotcha. All of that was already reported. I really hope they have multiple people on the record because if so, his ass should be grass.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recall this vid didn't touch on Sarver's idea to lure players to Phoenix by getting them hooked up with local women or prostitutes hoping they impregnated them giving them a reason to play for the area. Just batshit crazy thinking that something you might expect from Dr. Evil.
I've always thought he was just clueless rather than evil - but there's far too many of these kind of stories to think he's just an odd duck.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone that thinks it's an open and shut case and Server will be removed needs to read up on the recent Dallas Mavericks sexual harassment stuff. They received a relative slap on the wrist.

Who knows what will happen here. I know Cuban isn't a favorite in league offices either and they didn't try to force him out.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone that thinks it's an open and shut case and Server will be removed needs to read up on the recent Dallas Mavericks sexual harassment stuff. They received a relative slap on the wrist.

Who knows what will happen here. I know Cuban isn't a favorite in league offices either and they didn't try to force him out.
Okay but how much happened under Cuban instead of by Cuban? And let's face it, the tolerance level for sexual harrassment is much higher than it is for racism.

I think Sarver has hung himself and will be out shortly after the end of the playoffs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay but how much happened under Cuban instead of by Cuban? And let's face it, the tolerance level for sexual harrassment is much higher than it is for racism.

I think Sarver has hung himself and will be out shortly after the end of the playoffs.
Wow… you’ve come around here, Steve. That gives me hope.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Be careful what you wish for.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
While I'd love to see Saver go down. I'm scared to death someone will buy and move the team.
The Seattle Suns? There's just sooo much wrong with that.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lebron has been one of the worst GM's in the league for 15 years, I doubt he'd be a good team owner.
If he's willing to spend money and if he's willing to listen to the experts, he'd probably be a great owner. If he thinks he is the expert, well, that's going to be a problem.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I'd love to see Saver go down. I'm scared to death someone will buy and move the team.
I just think that's so unlikely. Granted it was unlikely when it happened in Seattle but it would be even more so today.

I'd be willing to bet that if Silver could go back in time and undo that Stern decision, there'd still be a team in Seattle. Silver, even more than Stern, is all about the financials and Seattle (or Phoenix) are far more viable locations than OKC. Phoenix and Seattle are both top 15 TV markets (Phoenix being the higher of the two) and OKC is just out of the top 40 so money is being lost there.

I suspect when things settle down with Covid the league will expand back into Seattle and probably Tampa/St Pete.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Breaking news another longtime Suns female employee resigns.

This could destroy the narrative that the organization has since the original allegations improved things and resolved the issues.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

Sarver doesn't "own" the team. He is just the designated "managing partner" among a large consortium of co-owners, mostly because he owns the largest percentage of the team (about 35%). If he is forced to step down as the managing owner, or even to divest of his ownership shares, there will still be the larger group of co-owners who will have say in the direction of the team, particularly because Sarver's controlling interest is very unlikely to be sold to a single entity.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I share your concern.

There aren't a lot of billionaires in AZ who could purchase the Suns. Maybe the current ownership group wouldn't have to sell, but just elevate a new managing partner if Sarver is removed.

Nike founder, Phil Knight was just rebuffed in his attempt to buy the Blazers. I'm not sure if he would have interest of a team outside of Portland.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Breaking news another longtime Suns female employee resigns.

Not a great look for this to occur during an investigation.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose