Monty and Paul don’t like each other

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Did anybody listen? Bickley is reporting this. Apparently they were at towards the end of the season

I’m telling you Chris Paul wears thin on guys after awhile.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Did anybody listen? Bickley is reporting this. Apparently they were at towards the end of the season

I’m telling you Chris Paul wears thin on guys after awhile.
Wait so monty had issues with Paul and Ayton by seasons end? The same Monty that’s seemingly loved throughout the league?!?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Paul wears on everyone he's around. It's a reason he's been on so many different teams, and he's not liked throughout the league.

Would love to have had an "all or nothing" type series with the team this season, I think we'd be surprised at a lot of what we'd see.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh something happened with this team. I think it’s all gonna come out here soon.
totally. going back to the collapse against dallas, the comments made by paul how "this is basketball, it's not life threatening" booker after game 7 saying "we all want to go spend time with our families now"

something happened behind closed doors, no one wanted to be there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has now become a fascinating train wreck and I kinda can’t wait to see what the hell actually happened when the smoke clears.

And you can say one thing about Arizona sports (besides being massive choke artists)… there’s never a dull moment!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Paul wears on everyone he's around. It's a reason he's been on so many different teams, and he's not liked throughout the league.

Would love to have had an "all or nothing" type series with the team this season, I think we'd be surprised at a lot of what we'd see.

I was afraid of this when we brought him on and conveniently forgot about it. However, both parties are to blame. CP3's passive-aggressiveness and Monty's failure to adapt during the playoffs likely caused a rift for everyone. Book isn't going to pitch a fit because he'd take this over the catastrophe that Igor, Watson, etc brought to Phoenix.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that personal rifts led to the horrible play and squandering the best chance you have had to win a title in 17ish years of basketball. Like they all packed it in over some personal rift.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This has now become a fascinating train wreck and I kinda can’t wait to see what the hell actually happened when the smoke clears.

And you can say one thing about Arizona sports (besides being massive choke artists)… there’s never a dull moment!
No surprise really... I mean, as AZ sports fans, we know that any shred of positivity and hope is only granted to us on a very temporary basis... right? :(

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
totally. going back to the collapse against dallas, the comments made by paul how "this is basketball, it's not life threatening" booker after game 7 saying "we all want to go spend time with our families now"

something happened behind closed doors, no one wanted to be there.
Maybe I'm alone here but I'm not bothered by CP's comments. I've never competed in any sport anywhere near that level and I can still remember how I felt after losing a big game. It's almost like losing a loved one and you deal with it however you can. Now, if he said something like that before the game, I'd have some concerns about him.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that personal rifts led to the horrible play and squandering the best chance you have had to win a title in 17ish years of basketball. Like they all packed it in over some personal rift.
Something happened. I was somewhat skeptical of it, but then guys like Wilbon/Woj/Lowe/Oconnor etc, all guys that have been around forever have been on the radio saying they don't understand it, and are completely floored that a historically clutch team completely folded in the second round against a team they had beaten 12 times in a row.

There has to be more to the story here, and I'm sure it'll come out at some point.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I'm alone here but I'm not bothered by CP's comments. I've never competed in any sport anywhere near that level and I can still remember how I felt after losing a big game. It's almost like losing a loved one and you deal with it however you can. Now, if he said something like that before the game, I'd have some concerns about him.
he said it after game 4 I think, not after the series

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Let Ayton come out before game 7 and say it’s not life and death just basketball

This board would of melted down.

Paul quit.

Waysouth

Veteran
Reaction score
We all know that they needed to make adjustments but could the Payne and McGee playing time reduction caused other issues?

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
interesting that for some posters pretend they don't know what a defense mechanism is
and conveniently disregard the probability that the guy who says, "it's not life or death" is the guy who's made the thing the most important in his mind and has got the most disproportionate anxiety about it

-- to pretend they haven't see his work ethic -- that has allowed him to be playing at times this year (including 2 weeks ago), the best of his career at an age past when most retire

-- the diet. the exercise. the studying of film and history

and they conveniently pretend they didn't hear the old vet being the first to say at the end of last season and this, that, "IT'S TIME TO GET BACK TO WORK!"

did it ever occur to them that he's such a fanatic about the game, and winning a championship, that he might indeed over-think the moment, the closer he gets to accomplish his life's ambition

listening to him being interviewed after willing the team to a win (as he often did), he seemed to still be out of breath even more than even someone his age should be after the game -- still hyped up

Chris Paul is no quitter, and never was, despite not being able to physically cash some checks his mind wrote out

what i'm seeing is the reverse -- people quitting on him. including many fans here
and, apparently there is a history of that in his past
probably, specifically, because he never quits pushing for what he wants out of the game
and applying what he knows,
which is a lot more than me, or anyone here,
or anyone in the whole damn league

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
interesting that for some posters pretend they don't know what a defense mechanism is
and conveniently disregard the probability that the guy who says, "it's not life or death" is the guy who's made the thing the most important in his mind and has got the most disproportionate anxiety about it

-- to pretend they haven't see his work ethic -- that has allowed him to be playing at times this year (including 2 weeks ago), the best of his career at an age past when most retire

-- the diet. the exercise. the studying of film and history

and they conveniently pretend they didn't hear the old vet being the first to say at the end of last season and this, that, "IT'S TIME TO GET BACK TO WORK!"

did it ever occur to them that he's such a fanatic about the game, and winning a championship, that he might indeed over-think the moment, the closer he gets to accomplish his life's ambition

listening to him being interviewed after willing the team to a win (as he often did), he seemed to still be out of breath even more than even someone his age should be after the game -- still hyped up

Chris Paul is no quitter, and never was, despite not being able to physically cash some checks his mind wrote out

what i'm seeing is the reverse -- people quitting on him. including many fans here
and, apparently there is a history of that in his past
probably, specifically, because he never quits pushing for what he wants out of the game
and applying what he knows,
which is a lot more than me, or anyone here,
or anyone in the whole damn league

This made me laugh

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oh something happened with this team. I think it’s all gonna come out here soon.
I can’t see how something didn’t. I wonder if when monty saw how effective the team was without Paul he tried to alter the game plan but Paul refused to alter what he did and it created friction where monty backed down because he doesn’t go against what Paul wants and that pissed off ayton. Just conjecture in my part. It’s the only way I can see monty pissing off both Paul and Ayton.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose