Arizona Cardinals offseason thread 2022

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Murray is afraid to get hit, and when he doesn't trust his line he plays at 50% at best, he is a top qb, offensive line is the priority
The first highlighted piece and the second highlighted piece don't go together. You can't be a top QB and be afraid to get hit, it just doesn't work that way. If you are a QB and you are concerned about getting hit I just don't see how you can perform at your best. It's football and you're going to get hit and sometimes quite hard.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The first highlighted piece and the second highlighted piece don't go together. You can't be a top QB and be afraid to get hit, it just doesn't work that way. If you are a QB and you are concerned about getting hit I just don't see how you can perform at your best. It's football and you're going to get hit and sometimes quite hard.
I mean if he trust his line and play comfortable he is a top qb and wouldn't trade him with nobody else

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When you are as gifted as Murray is when it comes to the ability to avoid hits, YOU DO EXACTLY THAT. It’s not a matter of being afraid to get hit. I hardly believe that any great QB wouldn’t avoid getting hit IF he could. Murray has been hit hard. And I hate it every time I see it. I want him to escape the pocket. I want him to slide to avoid hits. I want him to run out of bounds to avoid hits. Fran Tarkenton did the exact same thing, and there was a time before the rules started changing to help the offense & hurt the defense, that Tarkenton held every major QB record.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hi Bestie!

Never said we didn’t need to add more than 1 WR. I think we really need to add a 1B frankly, but have zero faith n this off-season at this point…

Also, never stated Moore at 700 yards. I did state however that I think Moore will match or exceed Kirks production last year if the WR room stays the same as it was last year essentially and we end up adding Julio/AJ.

Thanks for another reminder of a great movie, Twister. I was a big fan of Bill Paxter.
Sorry mentally merged yours and karmas posts.

When you say Moore will exceed kirks production do wyou expect he’ll put up a line of 131 for 1,417 and 6? That’s what the two combined for last year.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In the first week of may should be deadline for the compensatory formula
I would sign Goldman and Larry Ogunjobi

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sorry mentally merged yours and karmas posts.

When you say Moore will exceed kirks production do wyou expect he’ll put up a line of 131 for 1,417 and 6? That’s what the two combined for last year.
All good, no just moderately IF he stays healthy. Just on volume he should do better being, physically talented in every aspect. Guys never had issues w hands albeit he’s typically being thrown short passes. Will be very curious what is route running capabilities will be - the big question mark?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If DL Davis from UGA is still there at 23, I wouldn‘t hesitate to draft him. The inability to stop the run is our most glaring weakness. And this kid can collapse a pocket too.

Murray is afraid to get hit, and when he doesn't trust his line he plays at 50% at best, he is a top qb, offensive line is the priority
I go back and forth on which I want more offensive line or defensive. As it stands, our defensive line is many degrees worse off than our offensive line. If I had to choose one now, it would be DL. Davis first if available, then EDGE.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gut feeling - I’d peg fan base sentment here as more like 30/70.
We have 4-5 extreme whiners on this board & they come to each other’s rescue at all times. They didn’t get their way when we drafted Murray, so they live to criticize him at every opportunity. Murray has had an overall tremendous start to his short career & we still have these negative Nancy’s speak of him as if he was Ryan Leaf. Like ANY young QB, he has to continue to work his craft. But, we DEFINITELY have our franchise QB & some people on this board need to get over it.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KM is merely a talented youngster experiencing growing pains.

Will he mature? Maybe, but maybe not.

Burning question is - How long before SK’s and MB’s patience wears out? Do we wait too long? Or not long enough?

Anyone who says they absolutely know the answer is a fool.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

I think this is accurate, and it isnt unique. Watch Russell Wilson when he doesnt trust his line.

the team gets the upside of extreme escapability and scramble / you accept the downside of him being a smaller guy who isnt going to stand in there like Carson Palmer and take a hit to deliver a throw

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What are we doing here seriously? There is not a team who has a young franchise QB that hasn’t been aggressive in making moves?

I keep wishful thinking a trade is going to happen but it’s looking more abs more we are just planning on the draft and filling depth w cheap garbage players?

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What are we doing here seriously? There is not a team who has a young franchise QB that hasn’t been aggressive in making moves?

I keep wishful thinking a trade is going to happen but it’s looking more abs more we are just planning on the draft and filling depth w cheap garbage players?
Wasting a year of Kyler Murray's rookie contract.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Also - find it interesting that Hump’s contract still hasn’t been restructured.. again wishful thinking of me that a trade is in the word being he could easily be cut since only like $4mm of his $19mm contract is guaranteed as of today. (Who we’d replace him w have no clue.. but still odd we are in April now and it hasn’t been restructured if we wanted him past this year or if we wanted to free up significant cap through a restructure)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have 4-5 extreme whiners on this board & they come to each other’s rescue at all times. They didn’t get their way when we drafted Murray, so they live to criticize him at every opportunity. Murray has had an overall tremendous start to his short career & we still have these negative Nancy’s speak of him as if he was Ryan Leaf. Like ANY young QB, he has to continue to work his craft. But, we DEFINITELY have our franchise QB & some people on this board need to get over it.
Not quite sure who you are referring to.
There are darksiders and kool-aiders. I am currently a hardline darksider. I wasn’t in the past.

I don’t judge today on the past.
I liked the Kingsbury hire. I hated the 5 year extension.
I liked drafting Murray. I hate his current persona.
I like trades. I hate signing older players coming off down years hoping to catch lightning in a bottle.

Things right now are dark. At a time of the season where hopes should be on an upswing, we got nothing. We lost players and replaced none of them. There are some that are happy we are NOT doing anything with a “ just wait till tomorrow” stance.

If I see something that I think is positive I will be all over it. Malik Turner is not going to light that fire. He is barely newsworthy.

One thing we all have in common is our passion for our team. Some see dark. Some see light.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Things right now are dark. At a time of the season where hopes should be on an upswing, we got nothing. We lost players and replaced none of them. There are some that are happy we are NOT doing anything with a “ just wait till tomorrow” stance.

This is not true. We already had the replacements on the roster for a bunch of the players we lost. This is how it should work.

Collins replaces Hicks
Moore replaces Kirk
Hernandez replaces Garcia
Gladney replaces Alford

The only unreplaced talent we have lost is an over the hill Chandler Jones and AJ Green that apparently most didn't like anyway.

Both these holes we can fill in the draft or look for trade opportunities down the line.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not true. We already had the replacements on the roster for a bunch of the players we lost. This is how it should work.

Collins replaces Hicks
Moore replaces Kirk
Gladney replaces Alford

The only unreplaced talent we have lost is an over the hill Chandler Jones and AJ Green that apparently most didn't like anyway.

Both these holes we can fill in the draft or look for trade opportunities down the line.
That’s one man’s opinion.
Collins by default. Ciuldnt unseat Hicks.
Moore by default. Forced into this position and based on hope.
Hernandez replaces Garcia. We’ll see but hardly an earth breaking game changing event.
Gladley replacing Alford. See Hernandez.

Sorry , I need more than what we’ve gotten so far. It appears to me we are pulling back to make a run next year. I might be dead by then.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s one man’s opinion.
Collins by default. Ciuldnt unseat Hicks.
Moore by default. Forced into this position and based on hope.
Hernandez replaces Garcia. We’ll see but hardly an earth braking game changing event.
Gladley replacing Alford. See Hernandez.

Sorry , I need more than what we’ve gotten so far. It appears to me we are pulling back to make a run next year. I might be dead by then.

Collins, in 220 snaps, had only a 7% missed tackle percentage. He allowed only 57% completions when targeted and a 94 passer rating. All above average stats for rookie linebackers. He had a 70 PFF grade.

There was no logical reason for Collins to lose snaps to Vallejo other than garbage coaching. I can understand Hicks starting because when on a run like 7-0 and 10-2 it's natural to lean on vet experience and Hicks had a good season to be fair.

But giving snaps to Vallejo and Walker towards the end of the year was complete garbage from Joseph.

I have confidence both Collins and Moore will adequately replace Hicks and Kirk based on what I have seen from both.

Here's what I don't get. This board were unanimously excited to see Collins start last year. The whole off season vibe was that Hicks sucks and Collins would be fun to watch. Might start rough but he would be better than Hicks in the end. Then when they phased him out the vibe here was still "Hicks sucks. Why aren't we playing Collins" and so forth.

Now we move Hicks out and Collins is set to actually start the vibe is less than it was as a rookie last season. Now it's all "We haven't replaced Hicks".

Collins is going to be good. I loved the pick. He did nothing last season to warrant not playing many more snaps. I'm excited to see him start.

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

Collins replaces Hicks
Moore replaces Kirk
Gladney replaces Alford

So the net results is the team is no better than it was last season.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So the net results is the team is no better than it was last season.
Lets see the draft, green can be replaced by players like Beckham jr Landry Julio later in july
The defensive line should see the younger having a much more impact, foku, Lawrence, Allen
Simmons and Collins must be better then last year gaining more experience
Even our young cb's
The safety is our bright spot
Jj Watt i hope he can play a full season or at least more then 7 games
If we add a pass rusher in the first three round, a lineman in round 1 or 2
I think we can have a better roster then last season

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I keep hearing people say we have our franchise QB yet in 3 seasons his progress has been incremental at best and he has yet to put together a full season of quality QB play. In my mind that doesn't make a QB franchise worthy. We have a QB who has played well in stretches and mediocre to poor in others. When things go well Murray can play exceptionally, however when things go South he hasn't shown the ability to put the team on his back and will them to a win. To me franchise QBs make other players around them better and I have seen no signs of Murray having this ability.

I have said this before and I'll say it again until Murray proves me wrong but I believe Murray has a low ceiling and we will not see much more improvement from him going forward. I think what we have seen is pretty much what Murray has to offer.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

two concepts here:

Is Rondale Moore any good/ anything more than a gadget player? i think he is good, and can be an all around WR -- way better than....... Andy Isabella. Unlikely to hit Tyreek Hill highs, but who does?

your legit question: even if he replaces Kirk's production, who replaces his? A big ? for the team right now

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
two concepts here:

Is Rondale Moore any good/ anything more than a gadget player? i think he is good, and can be an all around WR -- way better than....... Andy Isabella. Unlikely to hit Tyreek Hill highs, but who does?

your legit question: even if he replaces Kirk's production, who replaces his? A big ? for the team right now
It’s April 1st & everyone is stressed out over what our roster looks like. There’s plenty of free agency left, there will be trade opportunities, and the draft is a month away. Can the negativity on this board please wait until the season starts before everyone loses their minds. The Cardinals were arguably the best team in football last year until injuries decimated us. Don’t be surprised if we’re just as good this year when healthy. As is with EVERY team, how many injuries do we incur & to who. And will we have enough depth to overcome them? Time will tell, my God, it’s painful reading the negativity 5 months before the season even starts. As someone who’s been around a long time, one thing is certain. Those that spend the most during FA, are the ones drafting first the following season.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I keep hearing people say we have our franchise QB yet in 3 seasons his progress has been incremental at best and he has yet to put together a full season of quality QB play. In my mind that doesn't make a QB franchise worthy. We have a QB who has played well in stretches and mediocre to poor in others. When things go well Murray can play exceptionally, however when things go South he hasn't shown the ability to put the team on his back and will them to a win. To me franchise QBs make other players around them better and I have seen no signs of Murray having this ability.

I have said this before and I'll say it again until Murray proves me wrong but I believe Murray has a low ceiling and we will not see much more improvement from him going forward. I think what we have seen is pretty much what Murray has to offer.
He’s been improving every year, what makes you think that this year is his “ceiling”??

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard