Cardinals DC Vance Joseph has head coaching interview with Dolphins Friday

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wonder how the Dolphins would feel about having d lineman dropping into coverage...
They already do, they were perfectly fine with him getting the HC job in Denver because they saw what we're seeing, his defenses can't stop the run. Plenty of Dolphin fans complained about it over & over.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He may end up being a good HC as long as he doesn't pick a DC that runs his defense like he did in Denver. Flores didn't get fired because of his record, he got fired because him & the GM didn't see eye to eye & butted heads. I read that he told Tua "I should've drafted Mac Jones"? Lol. May have been a motivational tactic but it worked. They started out 1-7 & won 7 games straight & were in the playoff hunt till the last game. I think Flores ends up getting the bears job. Just a guess.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fwiw, I would take Flores here over our staff in a heartbeat. Look at what he did in Miami with 1/4 of the talent on our roster.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Vance leaves, we are not getting a high profile guy as a DC...most will want HC spots. Fangio is a LONG shot, but the only one I could see as a possibility.

IMO the best move for next year if we are keeping Kliff on a 1 year leash...Give Buckner a shot. I don't want a retread with a questionable record or a dude that just got fired as a DC.

Buckner should at least get an interview.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Vance leaves, we are not getting a high profile guy as a DC...most will want HC spots. Fangio is a LONG shot, but the only one I could see as a possibility.

IMO the best move for next year if we are keeping Kliff on a 1 year leash...Give Buckner a shot. I don't want a retread with a questionable record or a dude that just got fired as a DC.

Buckner should at least get an interview.
Martindale from Ravens would be IDEAL DC hire. Super aggressive DC from a franchise that KNOWS defense. He won’t be available long, so Michael needs to pull his head out of his butt & make it happen.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Exactly. They just fired a black coach so of course libs were running rampant calling it racism. Now they’re going to interview every black guy they see and hope like hell that they like one. That’s modern day America.
Or, I dunno, maybe some of these black coaches are qualified? I guess you’re just dismissing that. But typical GOP perspective downplaying black people’s accomplishments. See how that looks?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imagine moving on from Vance, replacing him with Fangio or Martindale and getting two 3rd round comp picks. Yes please Dolphins.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imagine moving on from Vance, replacing him with Fangio or Martindale and getting two 3rd round comp picks. Yes please Dolphins.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Only for Keim to waste them.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Again I like Ken Norton Jr as DC, think he did well with what he had to work with.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
kinda curious if this is a factor in Mike B's silence

just for optics: firing the staff, IMO, would hurt Vance's chances in Miami. From a pure self-interested part: wouldnt that cost you draft picks if they did hire Vance?

maybe im assuming too much 3D chess here

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't believe that he is the favorite for the job, have not seen that from any of the Dolphin beat writers just a so called Cardinal insider (Johnny Venerable). Ain't going to happen, VJ will be back here for 2022.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again I like Ken Norton Jr as DC, think he did well with what he had to work with.

If Vic Fangio and Wink Martindale are on the market and we end up with anyone but Vic Fangio or Wink Martindale then Keim should fire himself.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't believe that he is the favorite for the job, have not seen that from any of the Dolphin beat writers just a so called Cardinal insider (Johnny Venerable). Ain't going to happen, VJ will be back here for 2022.

There's lots of writers on Twitter saying Vance is the guy. Apparently he's well liked but was their 3rd choice behind Quinn and Daboll.

But it looks like Daboll will go with the Giants and Quinn will go to Denver. Leaving Vance as the top pick.

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's lots of writers on Twitter saying Vance is the guy. Apparently he's well like but was their 3rd choice behind Quinn and Daboll.

But it looks like Daboll will go with the Giants and Quinn will go to Denver. Leaving Vance as the top pick.
Actually I hope that you are right and I am wrong. I just don't see them bringing in a defense minded coach.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually I hope that you are right and I am wrong. I just don't see them bringing in a defense minded coach.

I agree, but it's likely Daboll goes to NYG.

They interviewed Kellen Moore but he's not getting any mentions so looks like that didn't go well. Which leaves Mike McDaniel. Who is apparently in contention but doesn't have a lot of experience and I doubt appeals to an old timer like Ross.

Plus they interviewed 3 DC's so it can't be off the table.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose