PLAYOFF GAME - ROLL CALL - WHO'S GOING TO LA?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay Bird Gang... who's making the trek to the coast to catch this sucker live in person and what kind of seats you got?

Me, @Ouchie-Z-Clown and @daves are all sitting together with friends and little ones. Got 8 tix together to represent the red at the 50 yard line. And we're tailgaiting with my best friend and his father (and a couple others from their Phoenix contingent) who I started going to games with back in the opening 1988 Season.

I am beyond geeked up. Haven't been to a game since... gasp... 2019. That's insane. I'm usually at least 3-4 home games every year. Gonna make a day of it and get there when parking lot gates open at 2 (which is lame for a 5 pm game... should be earlier). But should be a blast.

Who else is going, where y'all coming from and where y'all cheering from?

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was just joking with my wife that even though we aren’t hosting I can still go to their playoff game. LA isn’t too bad of a drive

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Okay Bird Gang... who's making the trek to the coast to catch this sucker live in person and what kind of seats you got?

Me, @Ouchie-Z-Clown and @daves are all sitting together with friends and little ones. Got 8 tix together to represent the red at the 50 yard line. And we're tailgaiting with my best friend and his father (and a couple others from their Phoenix contingent) who I started going to games with back in the opening 1988 Season.

I am beyond geeked up. Haven't been to a game since... gasp... 2019. That's insane. I'm usually at least 3-4 home games every year. Gonna make a day of it and get there when parking lot gates open at 2 (which is lame for a 5 pm game... should be earlier). But should be a blast.

Who else is going, where y'all coming from and where y'all cheering from?
I swear if one on my two boys tests positive at the game and we all can’t go in and I’m going to lose it.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swear if one on my two boys tests positive at the game and we all can’t go in and I’m going to lose it.
Yeah... you’re playing Russian roulette with the actual Cards fan of the two of them.

You should research rapid PCR tests in OC. They have those up here where you get results in 30 minutes. Might be better to see if you can get that info before you leave to get up here as opposed to doing at the stadium.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah... you’re playing Russian roulette with the actual Cards fan of the two of them.

You should research rapid PCR tests in OC. They have those up here where you get results in 30 minutes. Might be better to see if you can get that info before you leave to get up here as opposed to doing at the stadium.
+100

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Man with finding a place with testing available, this far in advance and it’s a freaking holiday that’s a great idea with no workable solution right now!!! Aaaaagghhhkkk!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Lower bowl tix only going for $250 a head on Ticketmaster. We would do that if it weren’t a Monday game.

How’s the new stadium for those that have been?

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd go in a heartbeat, with 2 daughters as flight attendants I can fly free just about anywhere... but like Dhop, I'm on IR at the present and can't make the trip. Only good thing is I got my $8 hundy back from Seat Geek because the game isn't in Phx.

Quagmire

The thread killa strikes again
Reaction score
Flying out from Denver with my son (17) who I've raised to be a miserable/cynical fan like me. We got 2 tix in section 300, row 1. Couple days in Santa Monica followed by affordable entertainment in a beautiful stadium. Expectations are low now, but I'll convince myself we are going to win by game time.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man with finding a place with testing available, this far in advance and it’s a freaking holiday that’s a great idea with no workable solution right now!!! Aaaaagghhhkkk!
My wife has been buying rapid tests at Walgreens. It comes with 2 test kits and has results within 20 minutes after taking the test. They are hard to find, but we’ve found it’s a lot easier to find than getting into a testing site.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife has been buying rapid tests at Walgreens. It comes with 2 test kits and has results within 20 minutes after taking the test. They are hard to find, but we’ve found it’s a lot easier to find than getting into a testing site.
You must be registered for see images attach

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We have a bunch of those. But I don’t think those pass muster for the stadium.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it's basically like State Farm stadium is what you are saying.

Right by your seats I found a pulled pork sandwich that wasn't too bad. That's about it though.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do stadiums screw this up?

Purely anecdotal here, I have a friend who owns a couple Domino's Pizzas. He bid on and got the contract for UNM stadium aka The Pit. It cost him so much, he knew going in that he wouldn't make money, it was basically an expense to him that he classified as advertising. A Domino's Pizza is what it is so his quality didn't vary much but other vendors struggled to maintain quality.

Like everything else in the world, it's about the money.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Im in. Reading Sofi covid rules and if not vaxed then need PCR test within 48 hours or antigen (rapid test) within 24 hours. The problem is that the game is on a Monday and clinics arent open on Sundays to get rapid test. Can go on Saturday for PCR test but thats risky because these testing centers backed up and need results by Monday obviously. The only solution for us ‘non-science believers’ is to go get rapid antigen on monday? Anyone else have any solutions they found? Much appreciated. Thanks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't they have the rapid testing at a local Kroger? I know they do here in the Denver area. I think they want about $25 a test.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im in. Reading Sofi covid rules and if not vaxed then need PCR test within 48 hours or antigen (rapid test) within 24 hours. The problem is that the game is on a Monday and clinics arent open on Sundays to get rapid test. Can go on Saturday for PCR test but thats risky because these testing centers backed up and need results by Monday obviously. The only solution for us ‘non-science believers’ is to go get rapid antigen on monday? Anyone else have any solutions they found? Much appreciated. Thanks
I'm going to lean towards P&R again. But I see quite a bit of irony between not trusting the science of a vaccine, but then also trusting science enough to let a large Q-Tip so far up your nose it gets close to your brain... so that you can attend a sporting event?

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re playing Russian roulette if you get that test Saturday. My last PCR test in LA took 3.5 days to come back.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
My wife’s clinic is doing test Seven days a week. If you need a test, you can do it there As long as you’re willing to drive to Palos Verdes

@NashDishesDimes

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose