We play LA

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We’ve lost 5 of 6 games. That’s what we’re trashing. The actual putrid play on the field the last part of the season.
We haven’t lost 5 of 6, we’ve lost 4 of 6 but I get the point. Can’t be happy but the defense IMO is our biggest problem if we don’t give up so many damn points to everyone we wind a handful more games than we already did. It can’t just be on the O to put score anyone as they have Ds that actually stop teams from scoring. 4 of our 6 losses we gave up 30+ that says a lot. And Greenbay and the Colts were our other 2 losses and both were playing great ball when they beat us and both were within a score I believe. Having a decent defense could take a ton of pressure off the O feeling like they have to be super human every week to get a win! **** even today we get the lead and the D chokes it away almost immediately. We beat ourselves most of the time, very few if any teams just dominate us. If Vance goes this team could be better!

Resin07

Veteran
Reaction score
You should read the Reddit sub for the Rams.

More than a few seem ready to jump off a freeway overpass.
Well, they have actually been a good team the last few years. We haven't been in 10 years. At least it felt that way.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hopefully its a Saturday or Sunday game with Rams coming out of playing OT. Sounds like league helping them out with pushing it to Monday if rumors are true

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Rams just lost to 49ers for like 7th straight time or something. We not only team going into next weekend with questions.
Yup, the only team going into this without questions are the Packers and they are the only team which might remotely qualify for being 'great' and consistent

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rams and Stafford are under immense pressure. More than we are. I wanted to get the Rams over Dallas. (Although at home.) Stafford has 6 TDs and 7 INTs in the last 5 games. Their defense is mediocre.

So, let's see what happens. I don't see a blow out either way. That's about it for right now.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Honestly, I didn’t want to play Dallas again on such short notice.

And maybe playing on the road will be a blessing in disguise since it’s obvious we don’t play well at home.

And the truth is the Cards play better when they are discounted and are the underdogs. Plus, this is a revenge game for us. For now, I will remain optimistic.

If there’s any team I want to beat it’s LA. If they can do it, I count it as a successful season.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hope we get heaps of disrespect this week like I expect and read all the negative press clippings
It’s sad that this is what it takes, but I think this team does respond well to the negative hype from the media.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Rams and Stafford are under immense pressure. More than we are. I wanted to get the Rams over Dallas. (Although at home.) Stafford has 6 TDs and 7 INTs in the last 5 games. Their defense is mediocre.

So, let's see what happens. I don't see a blow out either way. That's about it for right now.
If they are going to right the ship and get all the media sucking up to them again, it will be against us. I have been a fan of this team since 1988...and what is more cardinals than having a 95% chance of winning the division...choking it away...and then getting embarrassed by an LA team in the playoffs.

I am fully convinced I will die without the cards ever winning a superbowl or the sun's ever winning a championship.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they are going to right the ship and get all the media sucking up to them again, it will be against us. I have been a fan of this team since 1988...and what is more cardinals than having a 95% chance of winning the division...choking it away...and then getting embarrassed by an LA team in the playoffs.

I am fully convinced I will die without the cards ever winning a superbowl or the sun's ever winning a championship.
I have been there since day 1 in 1988 like you have. So, I hear you. I have said for a long time now that I know exactly when the Cards will win the Super Bowl. The year after I die. Suns are even crueller, because they have had much better chances.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been there since day 1 in 1988 like you have. So, I hear you. I have said for a long time now that I know exactly when the Cards will win the Super Bowl. The year after I die. Suns are even crueller, because they have had much better chances.
Man, between that Suns stinkfest last night and today’s Keystone Cops ending to blow the division, this weekend was one for the Phoenix Sports Hall Of Shame weekends.

Can’t wait to see how they top it next weekend!

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Get ready to see Kupp and OBJ running WIDE OPEN the entire game. I wouldn't be surprised if Kupp breaks the single game record against us.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This game was like a throwback to our 2016 Finale against them, but with the results flipped.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I live in Boise now, but am still all in on my az teams having been born and raised there. After living through the heartbreak of the 90s sun's. The Nash Era sun's, last year's sun's, the cards superbowl run, etc...I'm convinced it's taking years off my life. The constant disappointment has an actual effect on me, even though it shouldn't. I feel like being an AZ sports fan has made me more pessimistic in other areas of life.

I'm hoping Boise keeps growing and eventually gets a team. I need a fresh start.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually won't be surprised if we beat the Rams and I think SF is probably going to beat Dallas.

Even in the loss to the Rams we had several big plays that we just failed to make, the open AJ Green where Kyler missed him on the first drive threw the ball too far to the right. There were others. They are obviously a very good team but if you watch the last few weeks Stafford has been throwing the ball to the defense quite regularly. If we get Wilson back so we don't have to play that Borders guy that much we have a chance. They got Akers back today so the run defense will again be a big concern.