Suns @ Warriors Friday game thread 12-3-2021

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrong. You’re just wrong Russ. We’ve heard it from local and National announcers. It’s not part of the new rules.
So why did the ref tell Paul that's not a foul when he did it to Payton?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Crowder had his off arm up, not extended, but maybe it gets reversed for that?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crowder had his off arm up, not extended, but maybe it gets reversed for that?

Shouldn't have challenged the contact was before the shot but there was contact and they were going to rule he was in the gather anyways so bad challenge

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He did it to Payton and you could see the ref tell him that's not a foul anymore.

Look at the list, KD rip throughs.
They just aren’t calling it a shooting foul. I’m telling you I’ve heard the TNT team in the booth and at the game, and announcers from multiple teams announcers.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The warrior fans are ready to be ignored in a bit. Muddying up this thread

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That wasn't the question was he shooting or passing? You can't answer because he wasn't doing either
Doesn't matter. You are allowed to go up with the ball for any reason, and a guy cant reach in and hit your arm to disrupt or stop you. It's been a foul since the birth of basketball.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don’t get it. IT DOES NOT MATTER. Are you saying fouls only occur if someone is shooting or passing?

I'm saying it's not a basketball move to swing your arms up. That's exactly what kerr said he's not doing ANYTHING you could see him saying it.

A guy standing there with his arm out has the right to have his arm out if you swing up into it that's not a basketball move it's the definition of a non basketball move which is why they didn't call it when he did it to Payton, kerr's argument worked he got the next call

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
OK but he's not supposed to. Did you watch the W's play the Nets? they were talking about it at length in that game because Durant and especially Harden are not happy with the new don't call a foul on "non basketball moves" and they specifically pointed out they're not calling the rip through like they used to I don't watch enough Suns games to see if Paul is getting that call but I know LeBron's not he's complained about it too
He’s gotten it ALL SEASON.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw that coming. Monty should have called the TO after the 2nd three.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Rips throughs are 100% still fouls. There is talk of them reviewing them as not fouls in the offseason, but they don’t fall under the new ”unnatural shooting form“ that they are no longer calling fouls on.
Exactly. That’s exactly what announcers have said all season long.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns need to stay close if they want a chance to win.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So why did the ref tell Paul that's not a foul when he did it to Payton?
Maybe Payton was straight up or maybe Paul moved forward toward him to get it. It’s not automatic (although that’s maybe only the second time this season I’ve not seen it called for Paul).

You should listen to what we are saying because we’ve seen 20+ games of it being called and the announcers talking about it not being part of the new rules. We have Paul so we see it constantly. You don’t have guys who do it so you likely don’t see it, or hear it discussed, often (if at all).

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Still don’t understand why Suns not feeding Ayton every time.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shamet is like a black hole when he is not set. When he dribbles or makes his own shot selection he makes bad decisions.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looney took a knee to the nuts on that missed dunk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm saying it's not a basketball move to swing your arms up. That's exactly what kerr said he's not doing ANYTHING you could see him saying it.

A guy standing there with his arm out has the right to have his arm out if you swing up into it that's not a basketball move it's the definition of a non basketball move which is why they didn't call it when he did it to Payton, kerr's argument worked he got the next call
Uh no you’re not allowed to have your arms outstretched over an offensive player if you hit their arm it’s a foul. Rule of verticality.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson