Wk 13-Arizona Cardinals @ Chicago Bears Pre Game Thread 11/29/21-12/4/21

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad it's going to be cold and raining on Sunday.

We have had a lot of fair weather games this year. I'm glad the team might get a tough game in hard weather to prepare them for the playoffs. And rather do it against a poor Bears team.
How will the Cardinals benefit from a game in cold rainy weather? All their remaining regular season games are in domes, and if they get the #1 seed the same will apply to the playoffs, and the Super Bowl will be in L.A. in a covered stadium.

Playing in crap weather can only increase their chances of losing or sustaining injuries.

:shrug:

...dave

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How will the Cardinals benefit from a game in cold rainy weather? All their remaining regular season games are in domes, and if they get the #1 seed the same will apply to the playoffs, and the Super Bowl will be in L.A. in a covered stadium.

Playing in crap weather can only increase their chances of losing or sustaining injuries.

:shrug:

...dave

If they get the #1 seed is doing a lot of heavy lifting their Daves. There's plenty of cold weather teams still in the hunt for the 6th and 7th seed if we finish #2. Which is more than possible.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona Cardinals @ Chicago Bears (1 p.m. ET Sunday, FOX)

Point spread:
Cardinals -7.5 (Cardinals favored to win by more than 8 points, otherwise Bears cover)
Moneyline: Cardinals -350 favorites to win (bet $10 to win $12.86 total); Bears +280 underdogs to win (bet $10 to win $38 total)
Total scoring over/under: 45.5 points scored by both teams combined

Sun 11:00 AM
NFL

FOX Sports' Colin Cowherd: "I like the over in this game. Don't forget what Arizona was before Kyler Murray got dinged up. On the flip side, Chicago needed that 18-play drive from Andy Dalton to win. I don't think we realized how bad Detroit is. They are poorly coached, not dynamic on offense and have such a low offensive ceiling, and still almost beat Chicago.

"You are going to see the Cardinals' offense back, so I love the over."

FOX Sports betting analyst Jason McIntyre: "Arizona was one of my first bets of the week. I watched the Bears defense and I wasn't impressed. They don't have Khalil Mack and their safeties banged up. They just lost to Tyler Huntley and almost lost to Jared Goff, and now they have to face Kyler Murray. That is a big step up in competition."

PICK: Cardinals (-7.5 at FOX Bet) to win by more than 7.5 points

PICK: Cardinals-Bears OVER a combined 45.5 points (at FOX Bet)

Man I like the under in the rain

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I feel so bad for you in your nice warm weather. I had snow today!

You must be registered for see images attach

While I would normally much rather have snow than heat, I'm a little wary of another slip and fall 9-month, 3 operation leg break/ankle dislocation. So, yeah, I'm voting with you!

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
this is very good news considering where they were 2 weeks ago in regards to injuries.

I cannot come up with any reason why they should lose the game this weekend, except maybe if K1 is "rusty"

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
this is very good news considering where they were 2 weeks ago in regards to injuries.

I cannot come up with any reason why they should lose the game this weekend, except maybe if K1 is "rusty"
Fumbles, INT's and a rusty, out of sync offense are very easy for me to envision.

Not to mention that Montgomery is a good RB.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yeah, the 6/7 seeds don't matter but if GB ends up with the #1 seed then we would have to go to Lambeau in January in order to get to the Bowl.
Unless they lose?
High seeds lose every year in the playoffs
Honestly I would almost prefer we get the 2 seed

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I feel so bad for you in your nice warm weather. I had snow today!

You must be registered for see images attach
Heh my ancestors said screw this wet Britain place and went to the swamps of the Carolinas.
Hot places aren't all they are cracked up to be. I can put on more layers but it sucks when its too hot.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Fumbles, INT's and a rusty, out of sync offense are very easy for me to envision.

Not to mention that Montgomery is a good RB.
a Carolina re-dux kinda game

they run effectively and convert 3rd and 2s, etc -- get a couple turnovers ---- and suddenly, a heavy favorite is in big trouble

the Cardinals win this game 9 times out of 10 --- but I never take these for granted

Reaction score
If they get the #1 seed is doing a lot of heavy lifting their Daves. There's plenty of cold weather teams still in the hunt for the 6th and 7th seed if we finish #2. Which is more than possible.
We would still have hfa over them.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I would CERTAINLY prefer having to win one less game to get to the Super Bowl smh
One less game is great. But so is momentum..... if we are riding a 4-5 game win streak heading into the playoffs I’d just as soon keep it going

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I went to Solider Field for a Bears vs. Lions in 1993 and that was the coldest I have ever been, and I lived in Cleveland for 15 years. Fans were booing both teams when they through an incomplete pass and stopped the clock. We all were surviving to half time to get something warm.

I grew up there. Don’t miss it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson