WK 6-Arizona Cardinals @ Cleveland Browns Pre Game Thread Oct 11- Oct 16, 2021

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I want to see Wiggins get some time. I think overall our draft was solid, and Moore already seems like he belongs in the league...but I heard lots of pundits talk about James Wiggins as a guy that can definitely play. Injuries set him back, but he would be a great addition to an otherwise pretty think secondary.

Phillips needs to plug some holes this week or we might be in for a very long day.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not bad for running teams.

The Packers/Bengals fiasco was 12 mph winds I believe.

20mph is the max speed in the open. The Brown's stadium is fully enclosed on all sides. It will be fine.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Personally I think the only way you can play the Brown's is to sell out vs the run and take your chances in the air.

Mayfield is good, but not great. He is prone to mistakes. If his none throwing arm isn't great I'd rather he throw it 40 times than hand it off 40 times.

I'd play a 4 man front, 3 backers, Jalen at single high safety and Budda in the box. With Zaven and Simmons speed on the edges and so many bodies in the box it should slot them down.
This is what I'm thinking too. Now with news that Chandler is out, we have Gardeck/Simmons in Jones's role and maybe Buddha / Jalen interchangeably switch in/out of the box. Jalen for all of his strength in coverage (slightly better than Buddha) is still a beast in open field tackling. I'm a big fan of his if I haven't made it clear already.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just wanted you to take the bait. And you did so in record time.

Edit: I also do think Creed is as good now and will likely be better over the next 4 to 5 years. I really like Hudson too though. But yea you responded faster than I thought.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No you didn’t & you know that, lol.

Trading for a great veteran C that knows all about the NFL for a young QB was definitely wiser than drafting a promising, yet, rookie C.
No I really did know you'd respond asap. Thats why I didnt @ you. Both things can be true.

Bengals probably could have traded for Julio Jones to help out there young QB in Joe Burrow. But Jamar Chase is pretty great and helping him as well.

Hudson is at that point where we might have to deal with unfortunate injury issues every now and then. Still good, but now that young QB is going to miss him every now and then.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well crap.

As an aside...... This team seems really cagey about injuries and I'm not really a fan of it.
Im thinking they might have him miss the Texans game as well. Hopefully they dont put him on IR cause we need him against the Packers.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Well crap.

As an aside...... This team seems really cagey about injuries and I'm not really a fan of it.
I was just saying this to my farther this morning. This year, for some reason there has been a real change in how they deal with injuries.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
@Chopper0080 @BritCard Hope injuries wont derail Hudson. However, thats an issue with older players.
This is an outlier though.

I posted an article in the offseason where the author's premise is that the NFL has an overall dearth of real talent at center and for some reason centers have been usually taking years to develop.

Over the past five years, only a few of the centers drafted ended up any good.

That's why I didn't want a draft pick because so few of them, even the highly drafted, end up as good players. Look at Bradbury with the Vikings. That dude sucks bad and he was 1st rounder.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No I really did know you'd respond asap. Thats why I didnt @ you. Both things can be true.

Bengals probably could have traded for Julio Jones to help out there young QB in Joe Burrow. But Jamar Chase is pretty great and helping him as well.

Hudson is at that point where we might have to deal with unfortunate injury issues every now and then. Still good, but now that young QB is going to miss him every now and then.
Why would the Bengals trade for Julio where they already had established young talents in Higgins & Boyd while we pretty much had nothing on the interior except for a decent, but older Pugh? I know you could have came up with a better analogy than that.

Byron vs Deebo, Trent Sherfield, Hudson vs Creed, I’m guessing Victor Dimukeje vs some guy drafted after him will be next, lol.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is an outlier though.

I posted an article in the offseason where the author's premise is that the NFL has an overall dearth of real talent at center and for some reason centers have been usually taking years to develop.

Over the past five years, only a few of the centers drafted ended up any good.

That's why I didn't want a draft pick because so few of them, even the highly drafted, end up as good players. Look at Bradbury with the Vikings. That dude sucks bad and he was 1st rounder.
I have a different perspective though. On a team with Kyler, Ceedee Lamb, Hollywood Brown, Kenneth Murray, Cody Ford (few of the guys playing at pro bowl levels). Lincoln Riley was saying Creed Humphrey was the best player on the team and will be the best pro when he was just a freshman. He's one of those guys that got overscouted.

Why would the Bengals trade for Julio where they already had established young talents in Higgins & Boyd while we pretty much had nothing on the interior except for a decent, but older Pugh? I know you could have came up with a better analogy than that.
Byron vs Deebo, Trent Sherfield, Hudson vs Creed, I’m guessing Victor Dimukeje vs some guy drafted after him will be next, lol.
I've not really been "wrong" on those. Byron turned out to be really needed after PP's regression and Alford's injury history. However, Deebo Samuel will be a pro bowl starter this year and has been CLEARLY better than Byron his 1st two years.Now mind you not taking Deebo led up to taking Isabella over a Jamel Dean, Hakeem Butler over Chauncey Gardner Johnson, but wha whatever. Again the way things worked out we needed Byron though. Byron is a stud and Im glad we have him.

Sherfield was great on special teams. Yes, I prefer him over Wesley. And even though I like Andy I prefer him over him too since the team seems to alternate whether he's active or not.

Now mind you Im one of the few that brought up the possibiity of taking Creed in round 1 months ago (maybe trade down in terms of value though). So I was a believer in his potential even if he didnt have the strongest draft grade.

No matter how you cut it up we traded for a 32 year old center who is already injured in his 5th game who was coming off a down year. Again I really like Hudson. You couldnt get the Chiefs to trade Creed for Hudson today. Im not mad at making the move. Its cause we lost out on Linsely and Keim felt the need to get something done. Who knew Creed would drop to the late 2nd round (would have been 3rd with Hudson going to the Chiefs).

Chiefs luck out with their center of the future for the next 10 to 15 years instead of having to replace one in two.

But yes hopefully this is like the Byron/Deebo debate where it worked out in the end and not like our Rams dline vs. 49ers dline that ended rather quickly :p

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Trouble....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member